wrong trade ban

banken

So I've been trade banned since the may of 2016.Now I really do not know the reason of the steam trade ban,since I have never ever scammed anyone in my life,I've heard that trade bans occur due to buying stolen items,but how could I know?

I have one idea how I could've gotten the ban.Back in the day,I did a lot of paypal trades,which ment a lot of empty trades with me getting items.And there was this one kid I met on a trade server that was begging me for an unusual,I said no and gave him a few hats,in his rage he said he'd report me to steam for scam,and I think that's why I got banned (I'm guessing empty trades+scam report = perma ban?).Is there any way to appeal to a steam ban,since I've been searching for the past 8 months and I don't know how to do it.
Please post here if you know anything and how do you think I should go about it?

You can try to file a ticket to Steam Support. If you provide proof that you never scammed someone and appeal they will most likely respond within a week.

You can try to file a ticket to Steam Support. If you provide proof that you never scammed someone and appeal they will most likely respond within a week.

How do I do that,I think steam has removed the ticket system,because I've went on the steam support page multiple times,and there are several options,and when I click trading and market it just says that I'm banned untill 2023...

How could steam ban you because a spoiled brat reported you with no proof?

Well,when I did paypal trades,people give me the unusual with nothing on my end in the trade.So I guess steam support thought that was fishy.Also It could be that I've bought a stolen item from someone.

Damn those are nice items

Thanks

I actually had the exact same problem. File a steam ticket. It will comeback with a generic response, respond to that. It may not allow you to create a ticket for that because it will tell you there is nothing you can do and customer service cannot reverse bans. That is not true I had mine removed ( for nearly same thing ... I bought keys off of some guy selling keys on diff trading website and Im guessing they were stolen? I really dont actually know what happened but I saw he got banned also so I assume that was the issue). Create your ticket about something close to the issue and if you dont like their respone wait a couple months and file another ticket. Good luck, I was so upset when it happened to me.

I actually had the exact same problem. File a steam ticket. It will comeback with a generic response, respond to that. It may not allow you to create a ticket for that because it will tell you there is nothing you can do and customer service cannot reverse bans. That is not true I had mine removed ( for nearly same thing ... I bought keys off of some guy selling keys on diff trading website and Im guessing they were stolen? I really dont actually know what happened but I saw he got banned also so I assume that was the issue). Create your ticket about something close to the issue and if you dont like their respone wait a couple months and file another ticket. Good luck, I was so upset when it happened to me.

There is no option for me to send a ticket,ther is their dumb site https://help.steampowered.com/en/, and whichever option I choose it always leads me to a dead end.There is no option to send a ticket >.>

Wait so did they remove the ticket system? How can that happen? Must be some way to reach out to steam support, but if the ticket thing fails you can try via email cuz this is serious stuff.

Wait so did they remove the ticket system? How can that happen? Must be some way to reach out to steam support, but if the ticket thing fails you can try via email cuz this is serious stuff.

He added me and tried to contact Steam Support but every link he clicks is a dead end. 

http://imgur.com/a/HwVsF<- from him

try going on a support ticket of tf2 itself then explain your problem.Because you are in support gifting,trading, community market. It may just keep putting up walls that way. See if you can create a ticket about something other that that, and explain you need it forwarded to whoever. Hope it works out for ya

try going on a support ticket of tf2 itself then explain your problem.Because you are in support gifting,trading, community market. It may just keep putting up walls that way. See if you can create a ticket about something other that that, and explain you need it forwarded to whoever. Hope it works out for ya

oh my god,that actually worked I managed to send a ticket trough tf2 item help of some kind,I really hope I get that ban lifted,because if I don't I'll be stuck with nearly $2k in items here ;-; :/

..........I did a lot of paypal trades,which ment a lot of empty trades with me getting items......

1 kid reporting you won't ever warrant a ban , ive been reported by many people ive pissed , and its wierd as you have no cash rep on paypal ( maybe its elsewhere ) and interestingly the ke you have , the previous owner now has a private backpack.

i have a friend got trade banned with 2000 keys backpack he try steam/valve support they not unbaned him and now he is still banned 2 years later, he is not banned steamrep and with no report he still got a life time ban

1 kid reporting you won't ever warrant a ban , ive been reported by many people ive pissed , and its wierd as you have no cash rep on paypal ( maybe its elsewhere ) and interestingly the ke you have , the previous owner now has a private backpack.

Dude I've had trades with high value items with no items on my side,so doesn't that seem fishy?Yet I've paid with paypal.

i have a friend got trade banned with 2000 keys backpack he try steam/valve support they not unbaned him and now he is still banned 2 years later, he is not banned steamrep and with no report he still got a life time ban

Dang man,that sucks :(

i once got banned from steam when i was trading in CSGO, i lost 60 keys on top of it but that's kinda irrelvent to what happened, he told me that he will overpay for the keys via SCM and because i didnt know much and i was like NO WAY ITS A SCAM cause it wasn't paypal and he went first (he bought a crappy item i listed for a lot) then he traded me the keys, shortly after, in like, 15 minutes i get trade banned, and i had over 500 keys worth of knives and pure keys, i sent a ticket to steam asking why did i get banned and they said it was because *the credit card purchase was a Fraud* or something along those lines, it basically meant that the credit card was stolen and he paid to me via SCM for 60 keys with a stolen credit card,so they basically gave the money that the scammer purchased my item with back to the credit card holder.

they removed my trade ban after a while but they did not give me the keys back nor did they do anything to the scammer, and on top of that if i have ever gotten involved with anything very similar to the SCM, i'm perma trade banned.

the moral of the story is, if you may have sold an item via SCM and someone bought it with a stolen credit card, that might be the reason you got trade banned, because it comes out of nowhere

I'm gonna stay on this post for a while, seeing how important and suspicious this story is. Wonder what Valve has to say for this o_0