Donator Benefit Perks

Chilled Soda

cares

Any suggestions for more donator perks?

91ec00d9db49b57f265673928e4e01ec.png

I personally suggest making an option for Donators to toggle a cash price to indicate that they want to sell items for cash instead of in-game items.

Thinking something like this but with a non-shit icon and perhaps better positioning. 

d15792e9f8a2a420d1dd76518b16635c.png

It would be awesome if you could mark a certain items state page so if a buy/sell order came up you would be notified.

• Like 3

- More name styles (gold/brown maybe?).

- Bookmarks (this would be awesome).

- Ability to replace regular suggestion belts with unique/unusual hat belts (Lower belts = Low-tier hats, higher belts = high-tier hats, only one pre-established hat per belt to avoid confusion).

>Bookmark listings

>Animated profile pictures

>Selling items for cash

- Ability to replace regular suggestion belts with unique/unusual hat belts (Lower belts = Low-tier hats, higher belts = high-tier hats, only one pre-established hat per belt to avoid confusion).

Idk how tf that'd work.

• Like 1

I like the idea, although I'd say change it to what Enhancement Suite has and somehow allow you to choose a hat (and effect) in place of a belt. Definitely would be a nice perk for donators imo

I don't know. We have 8 belts and if we get more it might get confusing. Bookmarking and being able to use classifieds for cash listings is a good change though.

There could be some advanced requirements. Such as that you must have a clean SteamRep, a few contributor points and a certain amount of trust before we get a mass scamming on the classifieds.

• Like 1

I don't know. We have 8 belts and if we get more it might get confusing. Bookmarking and being able to use classifieds for cash listings is a good change though.

There could be some advanced requirements. Such as that you must have a clean SteamRep, a few contributor points and a certain amount of trust before we get a mass scamming on the classifieds.

Yeah was thinking along the lines of Donator, clean on SteamRep (obv), and 10+ trust or so.

I think it's best for hat belts to only be available to black belt+. That way users can pick their own (with bes I had to position the sprites manually - effect and hat). I think it being limited is better.

Listing notifications would be a free feature, with slot count increasing linearly based on unlimited donation incentives, and a few bumps (premium and higher tiers) like what we do with price alerts.

If you want to sell items for cash, use the forums or a site like marketplace.

I think it's best for hat belts to only be available to black belt+. That way users can pick their own (with bes I had to position the sprites manually - effect and hat). I think it being limited is better.

Listing notifications would be a free feature, with slot count increasing linearly based on unlimited donation incentives, and a few bumps (premium and higher tiers) like what we do with price alerts.

If you want to sell items for cash, use the forums or a site like marketplace.

Isn't there a way to create a whole new classifieds that's for cash sales only? That is accessible for donators only  (clean SR, trust, contribution points). That way we can offer a platform as well to people who do a lot of cash trades but don't want to pay 10% fees on marketplace.tf, use some unknown trading site or create a forum thread while most cash traders don't even look in here or bump their trades regularly. 

What about that unlimited vote power though (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Please cares I'm poor AF

My idea is better because I have four likes (Three if you don't count me)

• Administrators

35 dollars or more gets you a better color on the forums.Id pay that :3

Don't think the forum software even allows for coloured names outside of the online list? 

• Administrators

Perhaps a rainbow or red belt for people with 1000+, 1500+, or 2000+ suggestions?

- access to built-in classifieds quicklister (from bes)

- ability to set custom main page background

- better bump times for ~$100+ donators (24 months of premium = $84)

- top 3/5/10 of donators should be allowed to request a special color (by issues tracker, solves further problems with really similar colors to staff)

- ability to keep listings with items that are not currently in backpack (placed on scm or other sites), those listings are automatically excluded from automatic when item is not present in backpack (feature disabled by default, maybe 10 of those per user if it is really problematic)

- pick any possible item for april fools (this whole feature is useless)

- get a notification every time a listing matches your buy order and vice versa

- ability to remove some boxes off main page

- get a notification every time item you own gets a price update

personally suggestions based things like vote power or pending suggestions limit should be only raised if user has a lot of those accepted, not because of amount donated

three new colors should be chosen in a voting page where 35$+ donors and premium users could suggest two colors by providing hex values and vote for three options (imo current colors don't even fit)

#1 is bootleg $10 donor color

#2 is bootleg premium color

#3 is generic gold color

you can also make them black with userscripts

i'll edit this later

• Like 3

Eh, isn't the current highest tier of donations a bit useless? I mean, you basically pay $15 for 10 extra classifieds listings and a few more colored names. From $0 to $5 gets you more than $10 to $35. In the top 25 on my friends list there are a bunch of people with a different colour, that might get confusing. It's basically so rich people can show off how much money they donated :P

It would be awesome if you could mark a certain items state page so if a buy/sell order came up you would be notified.

Something like being able to bookmark listings, or getting notifications when an item is listed for your <insert price here> 

I like the idea, although I'd say change it to what Enhancement Suite has and somehow allow you to choose a hat (and effect) in place of a belt. Definitely would be a nice perk for donators imo

^those are some good suggestions for a donator tier.

I still think that it would be good if backpack.tf would support cash trades. I don't want to be too negative but I just don't think that many people are going to pay $15 for a few colours, while the other donator tiers would be getting you more features. 

Don't think the forum software even allows for coloured names outside of the online list? 

assuming its IPB, depending on the version you can customize any group with different formatting using any form of HTML formatting (Bold, Italics, Underlined, text shadows, offset, scrolling, etc)

Using a plugin you can format the display names of users to display the formatting of the group in all instances, so will show under Status Updates, etc. 

Again though, this is true for IPB3(?) and up I believe, so may not apply for this forum.

Eh, isn't the current highest tier of donations a bit useless? I mean, you basically pay $15 for 10 extra classifieds listings and a few more colored names. From $0 to $5 gets you more than $10 to $35. In the top 25 on my friends list there are a bunch of people with a different colour, that might get confusing. It's basically so rich people can show off how much money they donated :P

^those are some good suggestions for a donator tier.

I still think that it would be good if backpack.tf would support cash trades. I don't want to be too negative but I just don't think that many people are going to pay $15 for a few colours, while the other donator tiers would be getting you more features. 

You don't have to get it, I just wanted to add some rewards for people who already donated that much.

• Like 1

We might change vote power to factor in accepted suggestions and reputation in the future.

^^Would love to see this implemented 

Speaking of suggestions/voting, would you ever think about implementing the random suggestion script thingy again? (the script that gave you a random hat to suggest)

^^Would love to see this implemented 

Speaking of suggestions/voting, would you ever think about implementing the random suggestion script thingy again? (the script that gave you a random hat to suggest)

This gets me thinking, could there be a script that gives you a random OUTDATED item, unusual or just a regular item? That would be cool, and I woudn't have to search forever for an item price I could change.

• Like 2