Tf2pot / Tf2bet scam

SoundTheGong

It seems that only their Bot 1 got an permanent ban: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198329148504

Looks like no ban: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198329148504. Seems like the linked TradeOffer URL is just some other renamed account.

The Items still seem to be there thought: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198329148504.

The others propably just had an 7 day temporary one, valves mistake likely.

I'm just sitting here, wondering why on earth anyone would gamble with hundreds of dollars worth of TF2 stuff, even when Valve made it clear that gambling is not tolerated...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just sitting here, wondering why on earth anyone would gamble with hundreds of dollars worth of TF2 stuff, even when Valve made it clear that gambling is not tolerated...

Same.....

Although I did lowkey gain $1200 in profit from gambling and lost $1000 in 1 go. So you know xD

Same.....

Although I did lowkey gain $1200 in profit from gambling and lost $1000 in 1 go. So you know xD

I bet a Taunt: Party Trick ($0.41) on TF2Bet. Slowly gained process and as soon as I put it slightly more, I lost. Lost the full $0.41 but well, taunt was just 4 ref so they did overvalue metal.

Slight update: csgosell bots got tradebanned, joelkarl claims he's not the owner of tf2bet/tf2pot. Does anyone know if that's accurate or not? 

Slight update: csgosell bots got tradebanned, joelkarl claims he's not the owner of tf2bet/tf2pot. Does anyone know if that's accurate or not? 

I'm pretty sure his profile once said that he was the owner of these sites. He might deny it due to the whole situation around it right now though.

Joel was/is the owner of TF2Bet/TF2Pot.

I've spoken with him about a lot of things relating to his sites and he did things demonstrating that he was the owner or at least had full admin powers and access to all the bots.

I'll make a quick list of things he did that demonstrated he was the owner or at the very least had full admin access to the sites.

1. He would go on the bots and send offers to people when the bot got messed up/trading API was down/laggy.

2. He would go on the bots and send items to his own Steam account if the bot got full/close to full.

3. He would restart the site(or whatever word you would use) when his horribly coded site just stopped working.

4. He would reply to "support tickets".

5. His tag in the fucking chat was "Owner".

6. He gave me credit/coins on his scam site "TF2Bet" when the bot stole my items close to the value of the stolen items.

7. His profile on Steam said "Owner of TF2Bet and TF2Pot".

8. He would talk in the chat as he had authority over everyone, he would ban people from the chat, he would make people chat admins and he also said that he was the owner multiple times.

9. He would constantly come in the chat and say he was working on a new update to the site and the like and shortly after he would update a little info-box on the site with something like "New X coming soon." "Performance upgrades incoming soon" etc...

There's probably more that I've forgotten, I will edit this with more if I remember more.

He is the owner of the sites and he pulled of off scummy shit.

He did a lot of scummy things.

One of the things he did was if the bot "ate" someones items he would send items worth the same to you from his account.

For example one time the bot took a 40$ pot I won and didn't send it(the pot contained some pure, 1 unusual and some other stuff), I contacted Joel and he sent me a trade offer with ~35$ worth of Taunts/craft hats and, although he didn't straight out say this, he heavily implied that I either have to take that shitty ass replacement or accept that he took my items.

This didn't only happen to me, a lot of people claim things like that or worse happened to them.

In the latter days of the site people constantly said in the chat that they were missing items/pot winnings, they bet an item and it never showed up in the pot. They claimed to have made support tickets and either got responses that basically said nothing can be done or didn't get replies.

He also closed the support-ticket side of the site in the latter days as well. All of this happened close to the closure of the sites.

I also have my own theories that he did the classic rigging of pots(choosing the winner/telling people the next seed etc... blablabla you all know the gambling site scams).

I also, now that I see his bots all got un-banned, have another theory.

The bots got temporary trade bans, he saw that the bans were temporary and took that as the chance to run off with everything.

Considering the shit he did on the site this wouldn't surprise me, but hey, I probably shouldn't throw empty accusations around...

All of this happened months ago and I might've re-called some things slightly incorrectly.

I invite anyone else who have more information to share it.

cFkqcuQ.gif

I made ~100 keys off tf2bet, then I wasted ~$250 (~70 pure at the time)

Down to 70

So now im back to ~90

Fml

Don't gamble kids