Unusual Weapon Trading

ksolis01

What has been your experience with unusual weapons? I've only owned three of them so far, and the market seems really small for them. Even if I make my weapon very appealing in comparison to the other sellers in terms of price, it still seems to be taking long.

The market IS niche, for sure. You have the most success if it's Factory New, as that's what collectors are looking for. Anything less becomes a burden to sell. Strange unusual weapons are almost impossible to sell.

i had almost all weapons in unusual except for revolver and knife.

All of those sold with huge profit, despite people saying "uh unusual weapons are bad no one buys it" thats a lie. People who says that barely deal with unu weapon before.

Its true may take a bit more than unu hats, since many things can affect the unu weapon (effect/skin/wear/grade). But usually they get sold by full b/o price in keys or decent overpay in other stuff.

Had several kinds of unu weapons, cheap ones, even high grade ones which can be hard to sell since its rare and expensive. going after the right buyer/or someone who might accept it can be dificult of course.

But if you dont mind using/enjoying the weapon for a while, you can make some decent profit on them. Had some sold in 1-2 days, some sold in 1-3 months... but which weapon/skin is a diferent case... keep that in mind, check recently sales (including scmarket) , people interested on them on outpost (not quickbuyers), and you will be fine...

i had almost all weapons in unusual except for revolver and knife.

All of those sold with huge profit, despite people saying "uh unusual weapons are bad no one buys it" thats a lie. People who says that barely deal with unu weapon before.

Its true may take a bit more than unu hats, since many things can affect the unu weapon (effect/skin/wear/grade). But usually they get sold by full b/o price in keys or decent overpay in other stuff.

Had several kinds of unu weapons, cheap ones, even high grade ones which can be hard to sell since its rare and expensive. going after the right buyer/or someone who might accept it can be dificult of course.

But if you dont mind using/enjoying the weapon for a while, you can make some decent profit on them. Had some sold in 1-2 days, some sold in 1-3 months... but which weapon/skin is a diferent case... keep that in mind, check recently sales (including scmarket) , people interested on them on outpost (not quickbuyers), and you will be fine...

Can Agree with him , i also trade quite frequently with unusual weapons ( have about 8 atm , most on marketplace ) , i consistently sell unusual shotguns at 45-60 keys , yes , they do take quite a while to sell it takes me about 2 days to a max of 2 months . they arn't cancer , but they don't generally move around quick , but ive seen some flow around like they are nothing mostly cause they were requicksold . 

The market IS niche, for sure. You have the most success if it's Factory New, as that's what collectors are looking for. Anything less becomes a burden to sell. Strange unusual weapons are almost impossible to sell.

Have had 2 strange unusuals one a ft scatter , sold it for about 50-60 keys profit in unusuals , and it took me less then 2 weeks .Strange ones are highly priced and are impossible to sell only if the person buying is a quickbuyer , actual buyers who intend to keep are hard to find but they do exist and they do sell if you reasonably price the unusual , there is a guy who is selling his fn strange unus pistol for 1100 pure keys or 1:1 with a golden pan you can be like him and you will never end up selling it , it depends on price and how you advert it .

How much do you guys think I could get around my pure B/O for my unusual rocket launcher/ how long would it take to sell for around my B/O,just an approximation of course. I'm fine keeping it for a bit, looks great and it's fun to play with.

SMG's are easy as dirt to flip. I purchased an energy orb wooden WW for 10 keys, flipped it for 12 in a few hours. Medi guns are easy to flip as well. Scatter guns aren't the hardest thing to sell especially if you have a set going, such as green confetti, green energy, and an isotope scatter. The reason strange unusuals are so hard to move is because the seller tends to overprice it and people are then turned off by the price. Overall they're pretty cool and unique since you're able to view the effect 100% of the time.