Trading with scammer will get steamrep/tf2op ban?

wten

It was a bad rule and that's why it was removed.

It's just not really clear to me what you want us to do here. Are you asking us to start banning scrap.tf bots? What would that accomplish? It's not going to slow them down at all or affect them in any way. We have never banned people for trading with people who are banned for trading with scammers so it wouldn't affect anyone who bought from the bots.

I do not have any personal problems with scrap.tf or any other bots. I only used it as an example.

I was thinking where trading with person banned for trading with scammer will get me banned too but not the bots.

Would be nice if was added in rules.

I was thinking where trading with person banned for trading with scammer will get me banned too but not the bots.

Would be nice if was added in rules.

Oh, we ONLY ban for trading directly with scammers / scammer alts. If a person has a red tag, you should check the ban reason. We do not and have never before banned people for trading with someone banned for trading with scammers.

Same goes with outpost.

Though you don't have to check everyones steamrep page when trading

95% of all trades with scammers are unnoticed, and even if a trade is noticed, people won't care enough to report you most of the time.

My tip of advice would be to ALWAYS check someones rep before buying quicksells, buying items in bulk and buying high tier hats.

I've been banned on outpost before for trading with a scammer and I've learnt my lesson

Oh, we ONLY ban for trading directly with scammers / scammer alts. If a person has a red tag, you should check the ban reason. We do not and have never before banned people for trading with someone banned for trading with scammers.

Same goes with outpost.

someone cleared steamrep api and new 2016 rules update. On bp rules I tried to ctrl + f to find scammer,ban,trade did not find anything proper about that.

I don't care if bots are banned or not. But if i get same thing from bots and not get banned why not get directly. thats the only reason it did not made sense.

I do not care if trading from scammer or someonelse. or spend sometime to steamrep check when using steam trades.

Then again i don't want to get banned from bp and other sites.

Thanks for all the help. have a good day.

Though you don't have to check everyones steamrep page when trading

95% of all trades with scammers are unnoticed, and even if a trade is noticed, people won't care enough to report you most of the time.

My tip of advice would be to ALWAYS check someones rep before buying quicksells, buying items in bulk and buying high tier hats.

I've been banned on outpost before for trading with a scammer and I've learnt my lesson

Outpost can be confusing sometimes. You see someone along with alt banned on outpost reason : steamrep banned and alt of this banned user. then steamrep lifts the ban in future. you try to confirm their profile on steam rep and find no ban on both profile. But outpost might just ban both the accounts again for evading old steamrep ban with that alt account lol

someone cleared steamrep api and new 2016 rules update. On bp rules I tried to ctrl + f to find scammer,ban,trade did not find anything proper about that.

I don't care if bots are banned or not. But if i get same thing from bots and not get banned why not get directly. thats the only reason it did not made sense.

I do not care if trading from scammer or someonelse. or spend sometime to steamrep check when using steam trades.

Then again i don't want to get banned from bp and other sites.

Thanks for all the help. have a good day.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29027-guide-for-background-checks/

I see what you're getting at. That's the link. Specifically the part with: "backpack.tf profiles for bans marking them as a scammer or scammer alt"

We include that link the first time someone gets a 1 day warning ban so that they don't do it again.

Backpack.tf bans its users at its own discretion with no oversight or transparency in any way.

We would never allow our bots to use backpack.tf bans as a reason not to trade with someone.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29027-guide-for-background-checks/

I see what you're getting at. That's the link. Specifically the part with: "backpack.tf profiles for bans marking them as a scammer or scammer alt"

We include that link the first time someone gets a 1 day warning ban so that they don't do it again.

Do all the people banned on steam-rep for being alt of a scammer or scammer are banned on backpack.tf?

Do all the people banned on backpack for being alt of a scammer or scammer are banned on steam-rep?

Backpack.tf bans its users at its own discretion with no oversight or transparency in any way.

We would never allow our bots to use backpack.tf bans as a reason not to trade with someone.

just wanted to confirm that all the people banned on steam-rep for scammer and their alt are banned from scrap for trading?

Do all the people banned on steam-rep for being alt of a scammer or scammer are banned on backpack.tf?

Do all the people banned on backpack for being alt of a scammer or scammer are banned on steam-rep?

just wanted to confirm that all the people banned on steam-rep for scammer and their alt are banned from scrap for trading?

All SR marks / bans are automatically transferred to bp.tf.

The same does not apply the other way around. Not all bp.tf bans for scammer alts are transferred over to steam rep.

All SR marks / bans are automatically transferred to bp.tf.

The same does not apply the other way around. Not all bp.tf bans for scammer alts are transferred over to steam rep.

If i buy an unusual from bot and that same unusual was traded to bot by backpack.tf banned scammer or alt of scammer. Will i get banned?

What about real cash trading places like marketplace, opskins?

If i buy a cs go knife from scammer same rules apply for normal trading and if buying from bot?

If i buy an unusual from bot and that same unusual was traded to bot by backpack.tf banned scammer or alt of scammer. Will i get banned?

What about real cash trading places like marketplace, opskins?

If i buy a cs go knife from scammer same rules apply for normal trading and if buying from bot?

No, you shouldn't get bans for trading with any bot unless the bot itself is marked as a scammer.

Rules are the same for CSGO items and TF2 items. You will get a ban if you trade with a scammer for either CSGO or TF2 items. However, bans related to CSGO items are a lot rarer just because they get reported a lot less frequently.

Keep in mind that we don't go hunting for people to ban. The only bans we issue are based on reports from the userbase itself.

Even thought most of the scammers will be banned on steamrep and unable to use bots.

But the few remaining which are banned Only on bp and if I tried to trade with them directly i would get banned if got reported.

Instead if i ask scammer put on scrap.tf auctions or maybe just put on scrap unusual quicksell bot so i could buy it and compensate him few keys extra.

Then i don't think anyone of us is going to report the chat between us and trading with bots wont get me banned.

Wouldn't it be the same thing or very similar where i will be banned on backpack for trading directly?