Buy orders being taken down

hyrar

I am unsure where to put this, but this seemed like the area to place this sort of thread, but do correct me if I am wrong. I have been trying to purchase an Unusual Head Prize with any effect for the last two days. I have the money to purchase one, and I thought I would place a buy order to get more advertisement for buying one. My buy orders kept getting taken down automatically every few hours, and I was unsure why. I looked into the rules and could not find anything I was braking, and I have seen many other buy orders where people are willing to purchase trade-able keys the moment someone comes to them with the item they are looking for. I decided to word it so specifically to the point where I was basically just saying "buying any Unusual Head Prize for 100 keys" but adding a note that I will purchase trade-able keys. There are many ways to get trade-able keys with real money in an instant, so this should not be a problem. I noted on the end if whoever was taking my buy orders down could simply send me a message as to why. Maybe I was doing something wrong and I wanted to be informed about this. After that buy order being active for nearly an entire day, it got taken down. I am here to basically ask why. I would like to outright know why I cannot offer 100 keys (that I am willing to immediately purchase) for any Unusual head Prize. Thanks for reading:).

Do you have 100 Keys currently? If not, you can't make the Buy Order, I think.

I do not have any proof of this on hand, but I have noticed people who don't have pure in their inventories and they state they will purchase the pure as soon as they find a seller. On top of this, there are many open suggestions for people selling and buying keys with Paypal, which would mean they don't have the items in their inventories. If this is the case though, would I not just be able to say "buying an unusual Head Prize with Paypal"? The only rule I read with buy orders that resembled this was that you must be able to immediately afford what you are buying. Sure Backpack.tf cannot tell if I have the available funds or not, but as I stated above there have been many cases where people are buying with Paypal and they are not taken down (at least from what I have seen, could be wrong).

It also makes no sense that after asking for a simple message as to what I am doing wrong, I just get none. It would not be hard for a moderator to send me a message saying "you are not allowed to do that", but I have had nothing of the sort.

When a backpack is refreshed on the main site the user's buy orders are automatically removed when they no longer have enough pure in their inventory to make the purchase. The same goes for sell orders when the item is traded away. 

When a backpack is refreshed on the main site the user's buy orders are automatically removed when they no longer have enough pure in their inventory to make the purchase. The same goes for sell orders when the item is traded away. 

Thank you very much for clearing this up, was unaware of such a thing. So as long as I don't refresh my backpack, I am allowed to set up buy orders like this? I only ask to be sure I am allowed to continue doing this as I do not want go against any rules I could not find on the website. I would be using Outpost to find an Unusual Head Prize to purchase, but sadly they have yet to include the Winter 2016 items within their search options.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for clearing this up, was unaware of such a thing. So as long as I don't refresh my backpack, I am allowed to set up buy orders like this? I only ask to be sure I am allowed to continue doing this as I do not want go against any rules I could not find on the website. I would be using Outpost to find an Unusual Head Prize to purchase, but sadly they have yet to include the Winter 2016 items within their search options.

You should make a thread in the forums for that, buy orders are designed for keys only.