Whats with the my trust thing?

【✨NineVolt✨】

So i got like 3 +rep with people and one i just recently traded with and then i sent one back to a guy since he payed me in pure and fast, so then all a sudden i check my backpack and all my other rep and the rep i sent were removed by moderators. why?  :angry:

Trust on this site can only be obtained by engaging in risky, or real money trades.

Normal trades do not get trust on backpack.tf

• Like 3

How can they tell if you bought something from someone for real cash? just wondering

The rater would provide a description of the trade.

normal trades cannot be put on the trust on this site.only risky/money trades like what other people said.

also if you did a risky trade,its best for them to put proofs to show that this risky trade of yours was done.im not sure why but bp doenst remove it when it says '+rep did cash trades' with no proofs and still dont remove it.its better to put profs so that other people will believe you more.check my trusts to see some examples

If you've done a normal trade (items for items or pure) then you can't leave a trust. The trust is only there to show that you are trustworthy doing a risky trade. Risky trades include brokering services (you let someone else sell your unusual), cash trades (e.g. PayPal, Bitcoin) and other trades involving a great deal of trust. 

If a person has 50 trust comments and they are all from trading craft hats then it doesn't say anything about if he's actually trustworthy. The trust system was created so other users can check if a user is capable or trustworthy of doing risky trades.

• Administrators

im not sure why but bp doenst remove it when it says '+rep did cash trades' with no proofs and still dont remove it.

We understand that most traders dont want their paypal email and details out in the open just to provide positive trust, that would be insane :P 

Some people even wish to keep the amount exchanged private, which is fine as well.

I usually describe what I bought/sold and for how much, and mention who went first