Should Backpack has its own trade servers?

Apeiron

Because there are not many unusual trade servers. And I'm seeing that they are full most of the time. I know; Vatican, FP and GoV servers.

What do you think about that? Is that necessary? Do you think that there is demand for unusual trade servers?

Definitely a yes! We surely need more unusual trading servers, since there are just 2 - 3 currently which are always full and you have to wait for like 10 minutes to join either one of them. Another plus would be that it would be full of forumers so another pro imo. 

• Like 2

Didn't trade servers pretty much die in like 2011? When tf2tp and later bazaar/outpost became a big thing. And we used to have a list of affiliated servers but they all died pretty much because valve killed community servers

Didn't trade servers pretty much die in like 2011? When tf2tp and later bazaar/outpost became a big thing. And we used to have a list of affiliated servers but they all died pretty much because valve killed community servers

Yeah but we have the advantage of having a forum full of people who will instantly know about the server. Besides, backpack.tf is a known name itself so we wouldn't have to be advertising a lot. 

I like the idea 

Sad to hear that. Like Erik's said, maybe we could use backpack.tf's community power. It's up to you guys.

Because there are not many unusual trade servers. And I'm seeing that they are full most of the time. I know; Vatican, FP and GoV servers.

What do you think about that? Is that necessary? Do you think that there is demand for unusual trade servers?

Can't believe I didn't think of this idea before, there is defintely a demand for unusual trade servers IMO. A lot of people want more trade servers for unusuals since it's limited to Vatican and FP. Bp.tf is very widespread and you guys have a very good pool of people with the experience, temperament and time to moderate/ help create the servers. (A lot of people who would want this idea and encourage it too.) I usually have to wait 10-15 minutes for vatican so it's a PITA when it's full, and both FP and vatican are full a lot of the time which makes room for a bp.tf unusual trade server.

Sad to hear that. Like Erik's said, maybe we could use backpack.tf's community power. It's up to you guys.

That wasn't me speaking as a deciding person, just my personal opinion. I could throw it in the mod group to see if there is interest in setting this up

• Administrators

Have thought about adding some tf2 servers to my group before that could serve as unofficial backpack.tf servers for this community. Will discuss with co-owner maybe when we have some time.

I would donate a couple keys if it would help the server get up and running, if the idea is approved.

Agreed. Or buy 'VIP' (colored name, auto join, extra features) for a key p/m like in VC.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Agreed. Or buy 'VIP' (colored name, auto join, extra features) for a key p/m like in VC.

Or, VIP is another perk of buying Premium or Donating.

• Like 2

We have enough unusual servers, anyone who has tried to open a "4th" never seems to kick off because there isn't enough active unusual traders in game compared to backpack.tf or tf2outpost.

if the "overload" went to GoV then we'd have 3 active servers constantly but for some reason GoV isn't as popular as Vatican or FP (It used to be but I don't know why it isn't anymore, the owner of GoV is such an awesome guy too!) but I'm just guessing that is because there isn't enough active people during the week to accommodate all 3 servers (however recently gov has been hitting 20+)

As I type right now Vatican City is full, but Firepowered and GoV have 1 person - this just proves how unneeded a 4th unusual trade server is.

Unusual Trade servers:
Vatican City: 74.91.112.61:27015
WantedGoV: 94.23.68.246:27615
Firepowered: 23.235.225.107:27045

To be honest nearly everyone that has posted in this thread are not active unusual traders in game and mainly just use classifieds/outpost to trade, perhaps you've came to one on a rare occasion but I've literally never seen any of you apart from Erik and sometimes I'll see Aperion.

Vatican & FP full? Go to GoV simple! we DO NOT need a 4th server when there is a 3rd so many dismiss already! Don't waste resources that are currently available but you just refuse to use!

As an extremely active member of the unusual trading community in game I hope the people I have quoted can spare some time to read what I have to say ^^ above on this subject.

We really don't need this, really we don't. We already have a 3rd unusual server that people don't use much so lets not waste resources on a 4th when we should focus on filling the 3rd first.

GoV rarely hits 10-15 let alone max capacity so I don't know why the original post claims that it is "full all the time"

Make use of current resources before asking for more.

Also please read my post above this one.

Or, VIP is another perk of buying Premium or Donating.

I definitely like the idea, I'm surprised so many people are interested in it

Yes plz :)

Heck yes!

Yes please. I would definitely join the server if it become a thing.

Have thought about adding some tf2 servers to my group before that could serve as unofficial backpack.tf servers for this community. Will discuss with co-owner maybe when we have some time.

That wasn't me speaking as a deciding person, just my personal opinion. I could throw it in the mod group to see if there is interest in setting this up

• Administrators

I think you're missing the point that this is a community of people who know each other and would want to hang out on a server together. Trading is basically secondary.

I think you're missing the point that this is a community of people who know each other and would want to hang out on a server together. Trading is basically secondary.

^^ I kinda just wanna be able to play against my trading buddies and trade unusuals at the same time, which is why I think the server idea is a great one. I've never heard of the GoV servers btw, I'll check them out later.

If it isn't a Trade only server I am interested aswell ^^

Where would such a server be located? US presumably?

Maybe Eastern US could work for US and EU people the best?

I guess make a vote between Eastern US and Western Europe (maybe UK) and whoever wins within a certain amount of time is where the server will be located I guess?