Good trade servers?

JNeb900ThePeril

99% of the trade servers I go to only have 1 or 2 people trading, and the rest are screwing around and playing with plugins or whatever.

Any good servers where everyone's actually trading?

Never do trade servers. Full of dreadful things such as mod abuse, stuck-up people, narcissists, hardly anyone trading, and more.

Chances are if you DO get a trade in a trade server, it's most likely some fool offering crates, painted items, fabricators, weapons, or a combination of them all. Hardly ever pure.

Stick to Outpost and Classifieds. Much better results.

Never do trade servers. Full of dreadful things such as mod abuse, stuck-up people, narcissists, hardly anyone trading, and more.

Chances are if you DO get a trade in a trade server, it's most likely some fool offering crates, painted items, fabricators, weapons, or a combination of them all. Hardly ever pure.

Stick to Outpost and Classifieds. Much better results.

Idk what you're on about. I've made my best trades in trade servers and sitting there waiting for people to be interested in your listings won't do the job.

For item trading, I mainly hang around the EGC server. For unusual trading, I go to either firepowered or Vatican city. You should check em out.

Idk what you're on about. I've made my best trades in trade servers and sitting there waiting for people to be interested in your listings won't do the job.

For item trading, I mainly hang around the EGC server. For unusual trading, I go to either firepowered or Vatican city. You should check em out.

tfw can't find Vatican even though I bookmarked it a while back and firepowered is always full

tfw can't find Vatican even though I bookmarked it a while back and firepowered is always full

Super duper secret pro tip. Just put the join server as soon as a player slot is available option. Works every time.

• Like 1

I've gotten more results being patient in my listings, mate. Let's talk servers now. Item trading mostly ends in disaster, what with people going "but this painted item/parted weapon is worth x keys because of bp.tf" or people making up values for their own things all because "bp.tf said so!1!". Look me straight in the eyes and tell me those are easy to sell and profit off of. On the other hand, all you get on unusual servers are stuck-up "people" with huge egos going "HURR DURR QUEEKBOYEENG!" God help you if you don't meet their "legendary" criteria or respect their "holier-than-thou" attitude seething from the majority of them. By no means am I saying you're entirely wrong as I myself have had some success on trade servers... but during the game's glory days. Prove me wrong if you're able to.

• Like 2

I've gotten more results being patient in my listings, mate. Let's talk servers now. Item trading mostly ends in disaster, what with people going "but this painted item/parted weapon is worth x keys because of bp.tf" or people making up values for their own things all because "bp.tf said so!1!". Look me straight in the eyes and tell me those are easy to sell and profit off of. On the other hand, all you get on unusual servers are stuck-up "people" with huge egos going "HURR DURR QUEEKBOYEENG!" God help you if you don't meet their "legendary" criteria or respect their "holier-than-thou" attitude seething from the majority of them. By no means am I saying you're entirely wrong as I myself have had some success on trade servers... but during the game's glory days. Prove me wrong if you're able to.

I will try and make some good deals in the EGC server tomorrow and if I get anything I will screenshot and post it here. If you're interested, I could also screenshot some of my past trades as well too. I have a new goal :P

I will try and make some good deals in the EGC server tomorrow and if I get anything I will screenshot and post it here. If you're interested, I could also screenshot some of my past trades as well too. I have a new goal :P

By no means did I mean to start beef, but just giving out some behavior and habits I've observed on a lot of trade servers. If your new goal is to prove me wrong, I'm gonna say that it's flattering, but would also like to see it, due to me not seeing any of that action for a LONG while. ;P

For Generic trading during prime time US hours, Harpoon Gaming. All the way. Tends to have a nice mix of low end all the way to 20-50 key range. When Shadows is online, that's when you tend to get the Unusual traders in there. I tend to enjoy Harpoon a bit more than EGC. Tends to be a lot less "Cringey". Also, private backpacks are banned from server if that helps. F2Ps tend to be weeded out regularly. Spycrabing is extremely active here, and runners get banned with a swiftness. It also has an auto-lose mechanic. You are able to select what you are crabbing for, and the rules. They do a lot to make sure both players are clear on the rules to avoid runners.

Unusual trading can be hit or miss between 2 servers, Vatican Unusual Trading and Firepowered. Both of these servers are almost always packed, and usually one or the other will have toxic people. For some strange reason, they're always in one or the other. However it's a common place to snipe some pretty good deals as people WILL quicksell more often than not in trade servers.

The main difference between the two, is harpooned tends to be a bit more uptight, while VC is a bit more lax. If you have any opened disputes on steamrep, you tend to get kicked over at Firepowered. If a player doesn't have unusuals and a staff member feels like they are not there to buy, they get kicked. There seems to be a higher feel of "elitists" there, which isn't a bad thing sometimes. The benefit is that you do not have to deal with players only sitting in chat hitting a "buying quicksells 75% off" bind (you get kicked advertising that your only buying quicksells). The problem is, The admins are rarely on. Most cases than not, players have to kick asshats, or randomly kick you. Firepowered is a terrible place without moderators. My main issue with the guys here, is there tends to be a lot more shark/scam attempts here (someone tried adding a normal weapon along with other uniques and offering a key. They do get kicked, however this seems to be the server that people care less about getting banned from. Firepowered focuses mainly on trading *ie not spycrabing today*

VC on the other hand.... hooo boy.

Unless there isn't any rules being obviously broken, the moderators do jack shit. If there is a player pestering you, good luck and mute them. There seems to be a bit more trolls here more often than not, however it's usually light play. The bonus to VC however, is that there seems to be an admin ALWAYS on. If shit gets too out of hand, its usually taken care of quickly. Sharkers surprisingly get kicked and banned FAST. High end spycrabs tend to take place in VC. A lot. Most often for keys or awful tier unusuals. They have an upgraded system compared to Harpoon (from what it feels like. more than likely the other way around as I believe VC got it before Harpoon)

It gets hectic, however I DO prefer VC over Firepowered.

Not really a fan of EGC, so I will avoid to comment on them to avoid a biased opinion.

By no means did I mean to start beef, but just giving out some behavior and habits I've observed on a lot of trade servers. If your new goal is to prove me wrong, I'm gonna say that it's flattering, but would also like to see it, due to me not seeing any of that action for a LONG while. ;P

Not planning on beefing :P Just a fun challenge is all :)

I've not got a chance to go on any trade servers today but if I get the chance tomorrow or Monday I'll try. Otherwise I'll just screenshot past trades or something since school starts for me Tuesday :/

For Generic trading during prime time US hours, Harpoon Gaming. All the way. Tends to have a nice mix of low end all the way to 20-50 key range. When Shadows is online, that's when you tend to get the Unusual traders in there. I tend to enjoy Harpoon a bit more than EGC. Tends to be a lot less "Cringey". Also, private backpacks are banned from server if that helps. F2Ps tend to be weeded out regularly. Spycrabing is extremely active here, and runners get banned with a swiftness. It also has an auto-lose mechanic. You are able to select what you are crabbing for, and the rules. They do a lot to make sure both players are clear on the rules to avoid runners.

Unusual trading can be hit or miss between 2 servers, Vatican Unusual Trading and Firepowered. Both of these servers are almost always packed, and usually one or the other will have toxic people. For some strange reason, they're always in one or the other. However it's a common place to snipe some pretty good deals as people WILL quicksell more often than not in trade servers.

The main difference between the two, is harpooned tends to be a bit more uptight, while VC is a bit more lax. If you have any opened disputes on steamrep, you tend to get kicked over at Firepowered. If a player doesn't have unusuals and a staff member feels like they are not there to buy, they get kicked. There seems to be a higher feel of "elitists" there, which isn't a bad thing sometimes. The benefit is that you do not have to deal with players only sitting in chat hitting a "buying quicksells 75% off" bind (you get kicked advertising that your only buying quicksells). The problem is, The admins are rarely on. Most cases than not, players have to kick asshats, or randomly kick you. Firepowered is a terrible place without moderators. My main issue with the guys here, is there tends to be a lot more shark/scam attempts here (someone tried adding a normal weapon along with other uniques and offering a key. They do get kicked, however this seems to be the server that people care less about getting banned from. Firepowered focuses mainly on trading *ie not spycrabing today*

VC on the other hand.... hooo boy.

Unless there isn't any rules being obviously broken, the moderators do jack shit. If there is a player pestering you, good luck and mute them. There seems to be a bit more trolls here more often than not, however it's usually light play. The bonus to VC however, is that there seems to be an admin ALWAYS on. If shit gets too out of hand, its usually taken care of quickly. Sharkers surprisingly get kicked and banned FAST. High end spycrabs tend to take place in VC. A lot. Most often for keys or awful tier unusuals. They have an upgraded system compared to Harpoon (from what it feels like. more than likely the other way around as I believe VC got it before Harpoon)

It gets hectic, however I DO prefer VC over Firepowered.

Not really a fan of EGC, so I will avoid to comment on them to avoid a biased opinion.

^^^^

Harpoon Gaming is where I first started trading and it's the best non unusual trade server hands down.

Vatican over FP but both are pretty toxic and full of memers.

I usually join Vatican City. I've made some great deals there, also bought VIP which is actually really cheap. 

FirePowered is also an unusual trade server but you can't advertise that you're buying quick sells (strange rule) and after I did that, I got a 1 week ban. That's why I prefer VC over FP.

Some good trades I've made in EGC (past and present)

http://imgur.com/a/P5Akj- 2.7 keys for all of it

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198128838220#!/compare/1484352000/1484438400

http://imgur.com/a/fqNSd- 11.55 for strange lurkers and courtly cuirass

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198128838220#!/compare/1484352000/1484438400

http://imgur.com/a/yfVZb- 1.9k taunt for ~2.5k items (overpayed bc of trade hold)

http://imgur.com/a/ehnim- not in EGC but quite funny to wake up too :)

http://imgur.com/a/mC4qp- I think the star was ~1.25k at the time?

Granted it's not EVERY trade I've made but just shows that trade servers are still useful. =)

• 2 weeks later...

Idk what items are you talking about trading , if unusuals then Vatican and Firepowered are more then enough ( keep in mind you can't ask for quicksells on firepowered ), as for regular items Harpoon 2&3 ,skial eu/us work fine . Mods don't abuse on any of these servers ,tho donators often annoy a lot on skial eu, mic advertisement works fine on all .

Personally I think trading servers are easier for people who have just traded unusuals. Its easier for them to sell and buy there. Often times trade servers make it easier for people to buy the hats from what I've seen.

I feel like they get alot more attention rather than on backpack.tf classifieds or outpost. 

• 3 years later...
On 1/12/2017 at 4:32 AM, ѕιи said:

looks like you didnt get any good deals