How are you supposed to make a profit in this economy?

Sir Sir

Everyone wants to sell it at market price and no one is willing to give a good enough discount to make it worth while. This is so tedious, how do you guys get around this?

Even on low cost stuff they do this.

By buying stuff below market value, predicting item movements, or making an "equal" trade that isn't all that equal. There are plenty of people who sell for less and there are plenty of ways to make profit. 

Just an example: quickbuy some bad/meh/okay unusual that is 100 for like 60-70, then 1:1 it for a good unusual that is 90, and sell that for 80-100.

Hi guys! Thanks!

It's just I come across a lot of people who sell it at exactly the market value. Guess I have to wait for some quick buy or learn which items are likely to go up in price. I am new at this so I am rather green. :)

It just takes alot of patience nowadays. It paid off for me once, a stn bot was selling a Vintage Texas Ten gallon for just a tad over market price. But it was painted black , and it turned out to be level 1 also. Have you seen the prices people will pay for items cause of weird/glitch levels.

when I need some quick funds, I buy some genuine for a key or two that I can flip on the SCM for more than the cost of replacing the keys, rinse and repeat

I didn't even know levels mattered.

My total refs is somewhere around 17 ref since I didn't start out with a steam card. I got 7 ref of it from all the weapon drops I had. maybe I should purchase some keys and try what Vrakos suggested.

What is SCM?

Get into unusual trading. Regular trading is pretty bad since keys are so much, but you can make profit by going onto trade servers. Since 50% are idiots and never check the classifieds, offering say, a rec less than an items worth when bots pay a scrap less, you can easily make 2 scrap by just selling to bots. Don't randomly trade people, just say "buying discounted stuff" and sell whatever you buy to bots. Other ways of profiting include accepting item overpay (people might offer a 9 ref item for your 8 ref item even though they can sell to bots/buy for only like a scrap loss lol, again people are idoits) and buying in bulk where people will discount more than what bots are paying.

Basically, buy stuff for less than bp.tf on trade servers from dumb people and then sell to bots, rince and repeat.

But seriously get into unusual trading if you want to actually make more than a few dollars, lol.

What is SCM?

Steam Community Marketplace. It's another good source of profit as it can be used to dump things that don't sell quickly or finding good deals from people throwing stuff on the market for the cheapest price.

In any case, the biggest thing to learn is that while pure is king, don't ignore a good overpay or sweets thrown in. Doing sidegrades with sweets thrown in can become more profitable than outright flipping.

i think at this stage you cannot make back what you bought certain items for, its a disappointment but its only going to get worse

if the next update comes out too soon ( even though this has nothing to do with it) bp is literally gunna crap Itself because there maybe new unusual effects and they've got barely anything on the Halloween unusuals, and speaking of those, prices you buy or sell for, probably aren't correct, even though your giving bp a base price for the item. so keep your Halloween unusuals and if you have duplicates (unlikely) price high so that's bp's base.

Offtopic, but I noticed that you had a purple paint from Smissmas. I collect purple cosmetics and am in need of a Dead of Night painted purple. If you could apply it to my DoN, I can give you a free hat for your time.

EDIT: Also, make sure you use the Backpack Expander from Smissmas too! It adds an extra 100 slots to your inventory!

To be honest, if I were to explain "how 2 maek profit", then it's truly hard. Because You use Your own knowledge to do that. YOU know that. YOU know what are Your thoughts, and not always You can form them into words.

Key is to risk, not use bp.tf as Bible, have huge buying power. Oh and SCM. Flipping on SCM stuff. I have made like 1000€ on SCM all-time. 

• 2 weeks later...