Gaming PC(Anything under ~$1500)Or Upgrade the older parts

Randy The Shpee Of Nigeria

So my custom PC is hitting 6 years old this march or so and  its time to either upgrade a majority of the parts or overall buy a whole new rig. Looking for suggestions for builds that falls anywhere under $1500. I had upgraded my old Geforce card (cant remember what model back then) from w/e it was to a GTX GeForce 960 ~8 months ago, besides that and 2 Corsair 8GB memory, and a new power supply(not sure on model, but im pretty sure the wattage fell in the 500 to 550 range, can get specifics later if needed) everything else is from the start when it was made. So i guess if its possible it would be cool to bring over the more updated stuff(the 960, 8GB memory, and power supply) and combine it with a new CPU, motherboard, Case, and anything else. If not I'm willing to spend the money on all new stuff since a majority of things I do daily revolve around my computer. 

what I'd mainly be doing if I were to get a new rig would mainly be playing games like Battlefield 1, League, Overwatch, heavily modded games and other demanding games that would be able to support a high FPS without trading off the quality of the game. I'd also need parts that would support editing, basic stuff for school and anything i could need in the future. 

I have most peripherals, monitors, keyboard, Mouse, etc. The only thing i'd assume is that I would need to get Windows10, unless I could keep using 7 which would be noice too. I really need the new case as well since the case I have now is pretty damn small, everything is very tightly packed in there. So if i were to upgrade to any larger parts i'd really need to upgrade the case to a larger one too.

Alrighty then, lay dem suggestions on me. :D

It would be smart to wait Jan/Feb, new AMD Zen CPU looks promising. If new ZEN architecture has comparable IPC to high-end Intel CPU-s and if price leaks are right (~250$ for 6 core, ~350$-500$ for 8 core models), maybe we get new "best bang for buck" gaming platform. If you are planing to build "future-proof" PC that should last 3-4 years going with 6-8 cores makes sense.

If Intel gets some competition prices should go down..