What's the best free antivirus?

∞Ramses

If you aren't downloading dodgy shit I'd honestly just keep with windows defender. All the others will eventually annoy you about its "bonus features".
Windows defender is clean and simple, probs not as good but lightweight and I never gotta worry about. Common sense best anti virus and all that.

• Like 2

i use malwarebyte.the free version is enough.i scanned everything i downloaded with it and it does it jobs pretty good

Anti malware =/= anti virus. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't use any Antivirus, because they are crap and just waste your resources. A secure system doesn't needs such crap. #linux

Hold up there. Linux based systems, just like OSX, are in fact not immune to malware, it's just less common.

Also necro

Not necessary on my MacOS devices. However on my PC I sometimes download games, movies etc from third party sites so aside from Windows Defender I've also installed AVG. 

I don't use any Antivirus, because they are crap and just waste your resources. A secure system doesn't needs such crap. #linux

Have fun browsing the internet or having some other asshat on your network doing something stupid. You don't need an always on antivirus, but you should still do occasional scans. 

And As @Twins_mercury said....That's not how Linux works. 

Not necessary on my MacOS devices. However on my PC I sometimes download games, movies etc from third party sites so aside from Windows Defender I've also installed AVG. 

So not true. MacOS is just as susceptible to viruses as any Windows PC. 

• Like 2

Malware bytes

Advanced system care

legit top 2 fucking antivirus and you don't notice this but yeah every antivirus is free so doesn't really matter 

Malware bytes

Advanced system care

legit top 2 fucking antivirus and you don't notice this but yeah every antivirus is free so doesn't really matter 

Malwarebytes is antimalware, not antivirus (although it is also good to use in conjunction with an antivirus program) and Advanced Systemcare is basically a bloated version of BitDefender.

So not true. MacOS is just as susceptible to viruses as any Windows PC. 

I've never received a malware/virus etc on my MacBook when downloading stuff and yet I always find viruses in my files on my PC.

I'm not claiming that MacOS is 100% safe but it's gives me a safer feeling, safe enough that I don't even feel like downloading a virusscanner and so far it shows that it isn't necessary either.

I've never received a malware/virus etc on my MacBook when downloading stuff and yet I always find viruses in my files on my PC.

I'm not claiming that MacOS is 100% safe but it's gives me a safer feeling, safe enough that I don't even feel like downloading a virusscanner and so far it shows that it isn't necessary either.

That's just luck or you download different things. Macs are plenty susceptible to viruses.