Would a game where the bad guy wins get bad ratings?

JayTuut

Im interested in this, say like you're trying to beat evil the whole time and then you come close, but then he becomes realistic and just kills you and you see how the evil takes over whatever they were trying to and your character you fell in love with dies and evil wins.

Would this get shit ratings? And what games are like this if there are some?

No. And papers please is kind of like this. It has many different endings, but if you actually do what you are supposed to do and do your job as a border guard you lose and die

G L O R Y T O A R S T O T Z K A

O B R I S T A N U N D E R A L L

• Like 3

No. And papers please is kind of like this. It has many different endings, but if you actually do what you are supposed to do and do your job as a border guard you lose and die

G L O R Y T O A R S T O T Z K A

O B R I S T A N U N D E R A L L

cobristan is real country

I looooooooove games like that. Those kinds of plots i will seek out.

How do you seek out plots like this? Do you look up the ends of games before you play them? How do you enjoy these games if so?

• Like 3

I mean dark souls isn't the traditional bad guy wins ending, but its one of those games where its completely futile to complete it for the plot because you are only delaying the inevitable. Yet the game is addictive and completely enriched in lore regardless of what the outcome will be.

If the game is actually good, there's no reason why people would give it a bad rating if the ending is not traditional. People will like a different ending if it has a quality story and gameplay.

• Like 2

This sort of happened to most of Noble Team in Halo: Reach. They did get the package out safely, though, so your mileage may vary on that one.

Or the Lone Wolf Mission. You can't win. It is impossible