PC Build under $500

unstopaBULLY

My PC isn't even my PC and it's crap. I need a new one and I have $500 to work with. It may not be a lot but it's all I have to use. I'm looking to at the least be able to run CS:GO and TF2 very smoothly and without lag or pixelation. I'm not tech savvy and I know nothing about computers so I woudn't really be able to make a custom build which is why I'm asking you guys to help me out. This setup should include computer, monitor, fan, etc. I have speakers, mic, and a mouse covered. I don't really care about aesthetics as long as it doesn't look ridiculously stupid. I want to maximize my gameplay and finally be able to play games like CS: Go without my computer crashing. Thanks in advance, and have a good one!

First of all, do you have a keyboard too? Also, I can try to make you a list for it, gimme around 30 mins. If you want a laptop, well thats basically the only thing you can buy without building a pc

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/55870-computer-build-under-1000/?p=555958

McCoolname just recently put together this build in your budget. That's the best answer you're probably gonna get on these forums.

Woudn't I have to put the parts together and assemble it? How hard is that? I'm not a very tech savvy person or good at building and assembly so.....yeah.

you could always cash out your inv to get some extra cash to work with

Not really looking to cash out now, just want to get a new computer now especially since Black Friday is coming up.

you could always cash out your inv to get some extra cash to work with

thats how i bought my pc lmao fok putting real money into it Cx

And i only payed like under $500 yee lit 

Butt, i allready had ery thing else like monitor, mouse, keyboarddddd

Woudn't I have to put the parts together and assemble it? How hard is that? I'm not a very tech savvy person or good at building and assembly so.....yeah.

Not really looking to cash out now, just want to get a new computer now especially since Black Friday is coming up.

Building a PC is like playing with legos. They're simple to build and once you get the hang of it, really fun to do.

I think I may have a keyboard I can use, but not a monitor, how much does a semi-decent one cost?

im not even sure lol, got this one for a gift from my freind lmao. <3 em

A decent 24" monitor is like $100-120. You can get a decent keyboard for $10-20. Windows is $0/$30/$80 depending on how legal if a copy you want. What other games do you want to pay? CSGO/tf2 can run well on a potato. So what other games do you want to play, do up plan on stabbing or rendering video? And lastly do you want the best thing you can afford or just diverging to meet those specific needs?

A decent 24" monitor is like $100-120. You can get a decent keyboard for $10-20. Windows is $0/$30/$80 depending on how legal if a copy you want. What other games do you want to pay? CSGO/tf2 can run well on a potato. So what other games do you want to play, do up plan on stabbing or rendering video? And lastly do you want the best thing you can afford or just diverging to meet those specific needs?

I want the best computer within my budget, I could withdraw some keys if needed but I really prefer not to. I'm fine with my logitech keyboard and mouse, and I'll just get the cheapest windows system. All I really want to play is Paladins, CS: GO, TF2 and possibly Battlefield or overwatch although I doubt I could run those with my budget.

I want the best computer within my budget, I could withdraw some keys if needed but I really prefer not to. I'm fine with my logitech keyboard and mouse, and I'll just get the cheapest windows system. All I really want to play is Paladins, CS: GO, TF2 and possibly Battlefield or overwatch although I doubt I could run those with my budget.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/CP284C

This would be able to run all that for just $500? How do I assemble this stuff if I do order it? 

There are hundreds of guides on Youtube that you can watch that will walk you through the steps of building a PC.

This would be able to run all that for just $500? How do I assemble this stuff if I do order it? 

Yeah. It will have no issue maxing out TF2/CSGO/Overwatch @ 1080p 60fps. Battlefield 1 will run at 40fps~ ultra or probably aroudn 60fps medium.

To order it, you can either order the parts from the cheapest sellers (which PCPP gives) or from one or more main sellers (amazon, newegg, bestbuy, etc...). Building it is pretty straight forward -- you basically just plug stuff in where it fits. Here's a good guide (if my memory serves correct): 

Wait a sec there. This parts list shows a price of about $570 before mail-in rebates. If there's also taxes on top of that we could be looking at a build $100 over budget.

Ah, good catch, I was shopping for myself and I go by after rebate pricing....

I can easily knock it down to $510 before tax (note, Newegg only charges tax if you live in NJ, NY, CA, or IN) and without Windows. You can technically go with a Pentium G4400 and knock off another $40 and it won't matter for CSGO/TF2/Overwatch, but I'm not positive about BF1.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Video Card  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ NCIX US) 
Monitor: Acer G236HLBbd 23.0" 60Hz Monitor  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $511.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-20 15:20 EST-0500

Ah, good catch, I was shopping for myself and I go by after rebate pricing....

I can easily knock it down to $510 before tax (note, Newegg only charges tax if you live in NJ, NY, CA, or IN) and without Windows. You can technically go with a Pentium G4400 and knock off another $40 and it won't matter for CSGO/TF2/Overwatch, but I'm not positive about BF1.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Video Card  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ NCIX US) 
Monitor: Acer G236HLBbd 23.0" 60Hz Monitor  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $511.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-20 15:20 EST-0500

Are the compatibility notes of any concern? They say some stuff might be incompatible? I might get this soon if I can convince my parents.

Are the compatibility notes of any concern? They say some stuff might be incompatible? I might get this soon if I can convince my parents.

No. It's just saying that a long GPU will block one of the hard drive bays. 

Building a PC is like playing with legos. They're simple to build and once you get the hang of it, really fun to do.

Really expensive, fragile legos that can have huge repercussions if you screw up one tiny thing. $500 down the drain.

Really expensive, fragile legos that can have huge repercussions if you screw up one tiny thing. $500 down the drain.

Not that fragile.

Nothing that tiny to screw up.

Virtually nothing you can do to break everything. 

Not that fragile.

Nothing that tiny to screw up.

Virtually nothing you can do to break everything. 

I hope so. I'm probably gonna bring a friend over who built his own computer just to help out and make sure everything's going right, because I'd rather be safe than sorry. I trust your list but I'm still sending it out to people I know that are really experienced with tech and computers just for them to confirm everything looks ok and the system will work out.  (I'm that careful.)