Photo

Backpack.tf Secret Santa [Now Escrow Free]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#41 Findiculous

Findiculous

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:53 AM

Basically we all are all paired randomly with a person to make a gift for them while someone else is paired with you for the same reason, the gifter is assigned a random person to prepare a gift to him or her, but he doesn't know the person that he receives the gift from.

Check the guy/gal that pilo paired you with and see what he or she likes, you then prepare your gift and trade it to the alt that he posted. All the gifts will be stored there and distributed anonymously.

You will then cry when you find out that no items were distributed and instead pilo ran out with all the gifts we gave to his alt.

So...give stuff to an alt. Alrighty im in

The Pen...                                                   9On1pJy.gif                               ...Is Mightier than the Sword

#42 Tobbby92

Tobbby92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

I'd like to join

#43 TheProcave

TheProcave

The Lonely Cave Resident

• Donators
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

Take me into this 

idt4UJu.jpg

#44 MrDeepDarkmind

MrDeepDarkmind

The Edgelord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

It can be any item from any game right? as long it's listed in steam

#45 Pilobacon

Pilobacon

Uncultured Forum Piloswine

• Donators
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

It can be any item from any game right? as long it's listed in steam

Yes, that's correct.

In other news Tactical has decided to drop out due to lack of funds, I'll also be closing signups in 24 hours since it doesn't seem that anyone else wants to sign up. If you do wish to participate this is your last chance.

#46 Manfred

Manfred

• Donators
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:22 PM

Unless Geel signs up, count me in.

0uU4TzX.png

#47 MrDeepDarkmind

MrDeepDarkmind

The Edgelord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

Questions I got for you: do the items from other games need some value or no, Example like how keys are like 2.49 in mann co store or do they need value or sales from SCM(Steam community market)?
Question: when you are paired does it have to be a gift from a game that they like playing or played before?

#48 Pilobacon

Pilobacon

• Donators
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:46 PM

Questions I got for you: do the items from other games need some value or no, Example like how keys are like 2.49 in mann co store or do they need value or sales from SCM(Steam community market)?
Question: when you are paired does it have to be a gift from a game that they like playing or played before?

Items don't need to have a defined value on the SCM, Backpack.tf, etc. as long as they're actually valuable, think unpriced unusuals. As for your second question, with Secret Santa, and all gift giving activities the aim is to give someone a gift they'll enjoy and hopefully use so I'd say yes.

#49 Weedoof

Weedoof

Dank Memester

• Donators
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

Oh that's right this is a thing

Sure I'll sign up

CtPzGZZ.png

oh right I'm an idiot

#50 Pilobacon

Pilobacon

• Donators
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:00 PM

Signups are now closed, participants will be assigned momentarily.

#51 Pilobacon

Pilobacon

• Donators
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

Everyone has been assigned now, don't forget to add the alt!

#52 Crazyy Cow

Crazyy Cow

• Donators
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:16 PM

Uhh I think i qualify (11 suggestions :P)

I'm up for it.

Fuck i think im a little late

#53 HarryG

HarryG

Crocker Free Since '83

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

I'm sure I'll get blamed for this for at some point down the line, so I'll post this here now just as a footnote. I was just removed from the event for asking if I could deliver my gift to my person directly (due to the fact that my gift was a Steam game and I wanted the person to know who got them the gift, as I explained to the ringmaster of the event). Different reasons were given to me for my abrupt departure from the event and I am sure these reasons will be reinstated upon request, but I have screenshots to prove that these accusations are not true. I personally do not know how the event will now run with an odd number of people, but in the spirit of Christmas, I have given the gift to the person I was assigned anyways today as an early Christmas present. I don't know where the gift I was supposed to get will end up but I sincerely hope whomever is the recipient will enjoy it, as it seems I was on the naughty list this year. 

Merry Christmas, Blessed Thanksgiving, Happy Holidays, etc. etc.,

HarryG

I Am The Definitive King of Red Text

b679c1ed88392a75e8676e3ca287a7e2.png

#54 thecityburns2day

thecityburns2day

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:25 PM

gimme all the slugs

Why.

#55 BlaqkAudio

BlaqkAudio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:31 PM

Ha! This reminds me that I never got my gift last year and its still stuck in the bot. Who was in charge of that one?

Seems like I'm late for this year. Damn, please let me know if you decide to accept late registrations. I'd like to participate if that's ok.

Hit me up on steam if ur looking for a minecraft account for 3 keys  :P

GloriousNewGrassspider.gif

>when you unbox a csgo crate and miss the covert by one weapon

#56 HarryG

HarryG

Crocker Free Since '83

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:38 PM

Ha! This reminds me that I never got my gift last year and its still stuck in the bot. Who was in charge of that one?

Seems like I'm late for this year. Damn, please let me know if you decide to accept late registrations. I'd like to participate if that's ok.

I was kicked out for asking questions; I doubt they'll accept late people if they run that tight of a ship.

I Am The Definitive King of Red Text

b679c1ed88392a75e8676e3ca287a7e2.png

#57 Rosalina

Rosalina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:21 AM

i'd be happy to enter. I have a ton of shit just lying around. would be easy to get rid of it this way.

#58 Pilobacon

Pilobacon

• Donators
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

Since a few newcomers are still trying to sign up I've decided to add them to the event. I'll be pairing them with each other so this won't affect anyone who's already been assigned. If you want to be in this second pool let me know now. After this is done though signups will closed for good.

#59 Santa Heavy

Santa Heavy

:3

• Donators
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Hope this is going well! Sorry I couldn't host it this year, I've lost a lot of interest in TF2 and trading in general. College has also been taking up a lot of time as well. Thanks for covering for me!

c534096b00480b6d8a1015fa77bba9e3.gif

Kyou Fujibayashi is my waifu. She'll dropkick you if you talk shit about my girl.

#60 Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat

Though she be but little, she is fierce.

• Administrators
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

oh fuck, i forgot about this completely.

edit: i don't have time to do this, sorry, i've been so busy and i completely forgot. unless i can just give my dude keys or something? i dont want him to have nothing but i don't have time to get a proper gift. i suck. :(