What are some tips when meeting a girl's mother? [Serious]

The One

Maybe this is not the best place to ask, but title.

She's in her mid 40s and has invited me over. She'll be cooking for me and it will be her and her daughter. She's very attractive and we are on (potentially very) good terms. They are well-off and have very high standards. 

Should I bring something? If so, what should I bring? What are some things I should look out for?

Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance. 

The way you've worded this it almost sounds like you're not dating her daughter. Assuming you are:

Be polite and respectful, hold open doors and shit

If the father's not there, you can be a little more relaxed and free

All hands on deck for being the perfect little tuxedo boy if the father's there

Don't flirt with the mother 

Know how to use all the utensils, even the stupid ones 

That's all, folks 

First thing to consider  is to see if she is the stern type or the outgoing laughy jokey type. If it's the latter, there is no need to be overly formal and keep a casual tone. If she's the traditional stern mother type, keep it as polite as humanly possible, only make simple and straightforward remarks or compliments

It would be courteous to bring a small gift, possibly a small box of chocolate for both your girlfriend and her family. Assuming you are dating said woman's daughter.

Be polite, be honest if she asked you questions about yourself. Also, compliment her cooking if needed be.

Also, why the fuck are you asking for dating advice from a gaming forum that you know are full of kids, granted some of us are grown up and have such experience, but seriously?

• Like 3

If it's for dinner, buy a cheap but not super cheap bottle of wine (~15 euro). Always red. Do NOT flirt with the mother, and just be yourself. But behave the way you would in semi formal situations. You don't have to act like you're at a funeral but don't act like you're with your mates either.

Do not mention sex, and do not mention politics. Just talk about yourself, your hobbies, your passions, your dreams and your ambitions. Oh and don't overdress, you don't want to look like a loverboy. But don't come in shorts and a t-shirt either. Like I said, semi formally. No tie, no jacket and no fancy shoes but also no sneakers.

Unless you're 14 or so, in which case everything is basically fine as long as you don't mention your dick and keep your clothes on

• Like 2

Unless you're 14 or so, in which case everything is basically fine as long as you don't mention your dick and keep your clothes on

I'll keep that in mind

• Like 2

Also, why the fuck are you asking for dating advice from a gaming forum that you know are full of kids, granted some of us are grown up and have such experience, but seriously?

How long do you think it takes to copy and paste a paragraph? 

Why do people make meeting their girlfriend's mother into such a big thing?

Just be yourself and be polite. Like when you're visiting any other new place. You don't have bring anything to her, if anything buy something for your girl. 

• Like 3

Just be yourself and be polite. Like when you're visiting any other new place. You don't have bring anything to her, if anything buy something for your girl. 

just treat her like your own mother

there ez pz 

just treat her like your own mother

there ez pz 

Ehh more like your grandmother I'd say. Or maybe that's just me treating my mum like shit

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, November 5, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, November 5, 2016 - No reason given

Milf confirmed?

heel ye go for the milf enstead Cx

I treat most things IRL with care and efforts. It just so happens that I posted a question about this. 

There's no need to overthink it . Just be yourself overall. No need to dress like someone you are not, but no need to dress like you are a bum. Pair of jeans or khakis are fine damn. Honestly allow the mother to talk to you about herself and show that you are interested in what she has to say, if she wants to know more about you she'll ask you. Ask your girlfriend what would be appropriate to bring over for dinner, no need to bring wine over if it's not gonna compliment the dinner eh? No need to ask a forum, just have confidence in yourself and the good hearted person you are