Anyone deal with chargeback before on PayPal ?

☣Long218☢

So today I got charged back $1000(gonna be $1500 once he charge back his payment for p.e Noh). This is my first time getting a charge back an I wonder how long will it take for my account to gobsck to zero and will paypal be on seller or buyer side if I prove many proof ? You can see my scammer report on steamrep if you wish

Since paypal doesn't condone the sales of virtual items you're pretty much screwed UNLESS, this person did a mass chargeback (like L4L), then you've got a shot....

Weren't you the one that told me chargeback was not a big issue for you when I asked how you factor in that cost into your PayPal trading?

Weren't you the one that told me chargeback was not a big issue for you when I asked how you factor in that cost into your PayPal trading?

Well, chargebacks really aren't a big issue as long as you're careful. I've done several thousand dollars worth of paypal trades and never once been charged back (Knock on wood)....all about being cautious.

And Long, clearly isn't that careful since he ended up with tons of carded keys.

@Long, this is why you don't sell $1500 worth of crap to one person unless they have a ridiculous amount of rep/several hundred games (Especially someone whos quite eager to pay top dollar on items).

*Sigh*. Even though you're banned from /r/tf2trade, go there and search up the guide that was posted a while back on it. I'll cover the basic points here, incase you can't find it.

1. Contest the chargeback through paypal. Not through the credit card company, Paypal.

2. Indicate it was payment for virtual goods, goods that you have not recieved back.

3. Indicate that there is a large and active community, and that the person is a scammer. Steamrep is a good lnk at this stage.

4. Indicate that there is a real monetary value to the goods exchanged: Cite Valve's policy on chargebacks and the sale of Mann Co Keys in store. Source OP as well if wanted, to show that other traders do so as well, and that what this user is doing is both abnormal and wrong.

5. Worst comes to worst, you can sue him for fraud. Not likely to go this far, but always an option. A person knowingly decieved you out of goods and payment with an intent to do so.

Also, a note; Be polite and courteous with the paypal employees. They're on your side, and they want to help. Picking a fight, being sarcastic, or poor grammar/spelling makes them less inclined to help you. Make sure you emphasize the large, hundreds/thousands of dollars of loss you're facing here, without being all sobby about it. Eg, "I'm facing a potential loss of $1000 due to this user commiting fraud, here is my proof" not "Oh noes! Moneys! Mine! Whyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!"

Also, a note; Be polite and courteous with the paypal employees. They're on your side, and they want to help.

Oh this is gonna be hard for him.

So today I got charged back $1000(gonna be $1500 once he charge back his payment for p.e Noh). This is my first time getting a charge back an I wonder how long will it take for my account to gobsck to zero and will paypal be on seller or buyer side if I prove many proof ? You can see my scammer report on steamrep if you wish

What was the point of that? He only has sixty Spy hours!

By the way, I've played with a few of his friends, and I think that I've seen him before too. You're dealing with ten-year-old kids.

What was the point of that? He only has sixty Spy hours!

By the way, I've played with a few of his friends, and I think that I've seen him before too. You're dealing with ten-year-old kids.

10 year old or not, that is blatant theft. Did you get a chance to read the child that ordered around 4500 pounds of ingame purchases, and when the parents took it to court, they lost? It's the same thing. Virtual, perishable good, with a set value, that a child has ordered. Long has a right to his money. He came here asking for people's advice, not a commentary on his actions.

EDIT: Not 4500 pounds. It was 1700. Off by quite a bit on my part.

10 year old or not, that is blatant theft. Did you get a chance to read the child that ordered around 4500 pounds of ingame purchases, and when the parents took it to court, they lost? It's the same thing. Virtual, perishable good, with a set value, that a child has ordered. Long has a right to his money. He came here asking for people's advice, not a commentary on his actions.

article ?

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/apple-itunes-offer-in-games-lawsuit

It's a repeated incident. Parents were charged w/out their knowledge.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/07/12/child-takes-iphones-tap-fish-bait-reels-in-600-plus-bill/

600 dollar bill. Apple agrees to refund partially, but there was no court order.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2131826/iPhone-apps-Parents-sue-Apple-childrens-costly-highly-addictive-games.html

1300 dollars. Parents going after apple; they were not successful.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2011/04/apple-facing-class-action-lawsuit-over-kids-in-app-purchases/

Class action law suit in 2011. Judge ruled a big fat no. Apple then chose to give a partial refund to the parents for the sake of customer relations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-21620814

Boy spent money on virtual goods, Apple agrees to return the money after talking w/ parents.

The common thread in all of them? It's Apple's discretion, the judge rules that the payment was made and Apple was under no obligation to return it, and the virtual goods were retracted. SImplest way is to go above the kid's head and talk to the parents, and discuss the refund with them. Likely he used their card/paypal and then charged it back.

Don't forget L4L (Chargedback 20,000-40,000$), ultimately paypal ruled against her because it was blatantly obvious that it wasn't unauthorized (payments were buying made over a 3 month period).....

But, its not worthwhile going to court, and paypal isn't exactly fond of virtual item purchases....

Also, its worth noting, that you can buy items from the mannco. store via paypal (indirectly, paypal-->wallet funds-->store)

I don't see where I made a "commentary on his actions." I was simply stating that he's dealing with immature and careless people. I meant absolutely no offense to anyone in any way.

EDIT: I think I see the part that you missinterpreted. I appologise if my wording was confusing to you. My expression ("What was the point of that?") was intended to be directed towards the charge-back-er. He doesn't seem like a dedicated Spy player to me and scamming will make it difficult for him to resell so I don't see what it accomplishes for him.

Don't forget L4L (Chargedback 20,000-40,000$), ultimately paypal ruled against her because it was blatantly obvious that it wasn't unauthorized (payments were buying made over a 3 month period).....

But, its not worthwhile going to court, and paypal isn't exactly fond of virtual item purchases....

Also, its worth noting, that you can buy items from the mannco. store via paypal (indirectly, paypal-->wallet funds-->store)

I was researching L4L, and the old steamrep forums are down, I get the general idea, but anyone want to elaborate on the WHOLE scheme of what he did, happened and what not.

I was researching L4L, and the old steamrep forums are down, I get the general idea, but anyone want to elaborate on the WHOLE scheme of what he did, happened and what not.

she and a middle man offer to pay b/o for many god tier hats and ice she receives all the hats she charged back all the money. She paid like 600 dollars for a ge brainiac. She still have many god tier hats and misc in her Bp but she is now banned4lyfe

she and a middle man offer to pay b/o for many god tier hats and ice she receives all the hats she charged back all the money. She paid like 600 dollars for a ge brainiac. She still have many god tier hats and misc in her Bp but she is now banned4lyfe

Wow, I heard she is in $10,000 of debt? Paypal took here to court, is this true or just a rumor. 

Wow, I heard she is in $10,000 of debt? Paypal took here to court, is this true or just a rumor. 

$40-$ grands.

haha

Archived