Question for girls

Gimby

Soooooo the homecoming dance is right around the corner for me, and there's a girl I wanna ask. I've known her for a while and the lovey dovey stuff is right up her alley. So girls, tell me if a man did this proposal what would u do? Criticism allowed and encouraged

Samantha, I've known you for over 3 years now, and in that time you have been so sweet and kind to me. Some of my best memories of life have been spending time with you. Throughout these years, just the thought of you brightens up my day. Whenever I felt down or sad about antything, thinking of your smiling face or outgoing, uplifting personality has been sunshine on my stormy day. You have the sweetest and most kind, cheerful personality, paired with your stunning looks. Ever since we met, your beauty has caught my gaze for too often for me to count. And the second I realized how kind, beautiful and vibrant you are, I instantly fell for you.

It has been amazing to know you, and I ask with high hopes and an open heart this; will you attend the homecoming dance with me?

As stated constructive criticism encouraged

This is pretty cringey, feels like a love confession from one of my japanese animes.

Do you want to date her or just go to the dance? This is a pretty weighty confession.

At my school, the social climate towards these things is a lot more relaxed and casual. Sometimes boys incorporated shitty puns into asking people to prom and homecoming, but mostly it's just chill but direct questions.

Give her the shorter version. Say something like "Hey, I really like hanging out with you. Want to go to the homecoming dance?" Maybe throw in a comment about how cute she is if you're feeling daring.

Less is more, and simple is better when it comes to stuff like asking people out.

Confidence is key. 

You've got to march right up to this girl. Look her right in the eye. Lean forward, just a little or almost all the way. Then you let her lean forward a little until you're just a lips distance away from each other. And then you just tell her how much you hate her.

But seriously, just get a box of donuts and write a card that says "I Donut want to go to hoco without you" and she'll say yes unless you somehow mess up really bad. That lovey shit is usually really weird 

• Like 7

It's a homecoming dance not a proposal for marriage, tone it down man. Just make a poster and use your last names to switch some of the words with your last name, or use goldfish and do fish in the sea, something. Just some ideas.

Samantha, you make me so happy with your outgoing, cheerful personality paired with how pretty you are. With high hopes I ask, will you go to homecoming with me?

HOWS THAT :D

Samantha, you make me so happy with your outgoing, cheerful personality paired with how pretty you are. With high hopes I ask, will you go to homecoming with me?

HOWS THAT :D

No. Donuts

"I donut want to go to hoco without you"

I've done it three times now, it's Ol' Reliable

• Like 5

go to her face

look her in the eyes and scream

RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU!

when she asks you what you mean

say

no i will not switch off hanzo

But actually, you have to be confident. Try your best and not to stutter and show nervousness. If that becomes too much, just say something along the lines of "Sorry I can't say all this crap, I'll just get right to the point. Will you go to the dance with me?". And if/when she says friend or date, say whatever you want it to be. It wasn't really clear what you wanted out of this from earlier.

Hope I helped

Ok. Hi.

That seemed sweet but a little over the top, bordering almost clingy/desperate. [Not saying YOU ARE, but too much can be seen as that]

The most popular things I've seen is do something original and cute, but not TOO much, thats the key.

Popular things are large posters, or having friends have tshirts with Homecoming? 

Cliche things are something to take into account but you don't have to go that way. Flowers also always work.

Keep the words to a minimum, and do more of a show-y kind of affection in terms of asking. I've noticed guys kind of fuck up on the talking sort of thing when it comes to someone they like.

If you've got anything more specific in mind after reading these comments, maybe we can give more of a yes/no. But not too many words cause thats when it gets cringey.

How's this to anyone who didn't read it

Samantha yiu make me so happy with your outgoing cheerful personality paired with how pretty you are. With high hopes I ask, will you go to homecoming with me?

Samantha yiu make me so happy with your outgoing cheerful personality paired with how pretty you are. With high hopes I ask, will you go to homecoming with me?

You know we can just scroll up if we didn't read it to read it, right? Donuts

• Like 3

You know we can just scroll up if we didn't read it to read it, right? Donuts

Just do the donuts one already, the man wants to see it in action again. 

• Like 3

BLAD, she's not going out with William Shakespeare. She's going out with you mate.

So how about this:

"Hey Samantha, do you wanna go to homecoming with me?"

I think Zcrab has it right. I might not be in the best position to give advice on approaching women, but I think your original post and every iteration of it since has just been a little cringeworthy. If you're able, just go up to her and ask her to go to the thing with you, maybe take apollo's advice and bring flowers. You're better off with that than a speech that I actually couldn't get through because of the cringing.

Been where you are, and yeah, other folks on this topic are right. Not that you are actually wrong, by the way. It just so happens that, nowadays, being romantic and expressing extensively your feelings, is called "cringeworthy". This is not how it should be, but sadly, that's how it is.

Why plan every word in advance, you most likely won't be able to say it like that in the situation anyway.

You know what you want, just go to her keep it simple and short - as beeing said - and let it flow.

• Like 1

I'm in more of a heavy preference to girls so idk lmao but hey if I guy I actually liked asked me out I'd prefer it to just be simple & sweet. Just be yourself, there's no point overthinking it.

DONUTS OR BUST

Seriously though, don't do anything like these messages. They may sound sweet to you but they just come off cringy.

Harry clearly is a master wooer of 17 year old girls, the donuts is actually exactly the degree of stupidity you want.

I'm not girl, but honestly, just go up to her tell her that you wanna go to hoco with her. 

"Hey, do you want to go to homecoming with me?" Keep it chill. Remember, if she says no, you won't die and the world won't end. 

No. Donuts

"I donut want to go to hoco without you"

I've done it three times now, it's Ol' Reliable

lmfao, can I have a video of this? xD