Suggestions to what to buy? *Done*

HubertSuo

*With the marked solution a friend was able to help me discuss about the graphics and what power supply I needed, so I give much thanks to AwesomeMcCoolName!*

*Dont respond Board - please lock!*

Please pardon my English! Still isn't the fairest of all. Also, I'm no computer expert. So advises is greatly appreciative!

( And like literally, this took forever wanting to find the right words how I want to describe for this thread )

I'll get to the point: I want to upgrade my shitty graphic card to help me build improvement for gameplay and for my animation project.

But I don't know what should I get? AMD Radeon series or NVIDIA GeForce series? I really want a powerful graphics card to handle all stuff, especially for multi-tasking and high quality settings but I assume there has to be other stuff I need to buy (my assumption).

Specs:

Dell / Inspirion 3847

Intel® Core [email protected] / 64-bit /16gb

One thing this crap is amazing is it able to run TF2, Don't Starve, GMOD, Ragnarok Online, Source Filmmaker (only for pose-to-pose poster) at medium settings at a high frame rate, but anything big related to 3d like animating using Source Filmmaker and its rendering options (SSAO, Ambient Occlusions) the Sims 4, Slime Ranchers, Life is Strange, etc frames drops/lags my desktop. I mean, it's tolerable to play/use, but unable to make a smooth performance running while moving around the map. Lowest settings is too shitty to withstand so don't ask me to drop my graphics. For Source Filmmaker issue is regarding to my graphics not powerful to support the rendering option, it's technically ignoring all the smooth touches when finalized a video.

I don't have a budget, but if I do at least I can buy one at a time bi-weekly or so.

I'll be expecting to buy them next Thursday on payday. I really am too addicting to the Sims 4 atm.

Kudos,

HubertSuo

If you want to be able to play AAA titles at 1080p@60fps, then I'd go with an 8gb 480/6gb 1060 ($260~). If you want to leave yourself extra performance headroom so you can continue to max out games for a couple years, then get a 1070 ($420~).

You'll also probably need a new PSU ($50~) (and potentially a new case ($40-$80) depending on how much room is in yours for a GPU).

I'll take a look on the 1070 one this week.

Secondly, how do I know my GPU would fit in a PSU? Is there a specific identification I need to look inside my computer to find out its size?

how do I know my GPU would fit in a PSU?

Is there a specific identification I need to look inside my computer to find out its size?

Did you mean GPU fit in PC case?

PSU = Power Supply Unit

Any latest GPU Nvidia/AMD required very less power (more efficient) than older model.

If you going with Single GPU just buy 650W is perfectly fine.

PSU = Power Supply Unit

Any latest GPU Nvidia/AMD required very less power (more efficient) than older model.

A decent 350w unit would be fine (not that it makes sense due to cost). You could easily run overclocked SLI 1080s and an overclocked 6700k on a 650w psu. 

I'll take a look on the 1070 one this week.

Secondly, how do I know my GPU would fit in a PSU? Is there a specific identification I need to look inside my computer to find out its size?

Open your case and take a picture. 

PSU = Power Supply Unit

Yeah, I mean that. I was sleepy by the time I've posted so I've failed to correct myself that. Much obliged though~

I'll take a picture inside the pre-built computer when I get the tools for it.

So reserve post for now, or will probably bump thread no later than Thursday with the picture of the inside PC.