Quicksell pricelists.... Good or not?

MordoBoss

Well im a basic quicksell buyer like most of unusual traders and i use pricelists in my buying quicksells trades on tf2 outpost. Well there is a prob with pricelists. They can be outdate and give fake information (but i also wrote that on trade discs). I use to change prices regulary but now i just cant waste my time. Is it better to use them or just write something like: buying quicksells, 25-30% off price of 1st gens, 30% off for 2nd gens... I spoke to Ben from TheVirtualEconomist and he said that pricelists suck. What is your opinion about pricelists?

It probably is easier to give a flat percent discount for all unusuals. Very little maintenance, and no chance of someone offering you an unusual for more than you're willing to pay because your price is outdated.*

If you do go with a flat discount though, it may be a good idea to write examples of unusual prices and how much you'll pay for them, that way people like me who are too lazy to get the numbers themselves have an idea of how much they can get for their unusual.

* This happened to me once. And it sucked because it was a really shitty unusual, too. :/

It probably is easier to give a flat percent discount for all unusuals. Very little maintenance, and no chance of someone offering you an unusual for more than you're willing to pay because your price is outdated.*

If you do go with a flat discount though, it may be a good idea to write examples of unusual prices and how much you'll pay for them, that way people like me who are too lazy to get the numbers themselves have an idea of how much they can get for their unusual.

* This happened to me once. And it sucked because it was a really shitty unusual, too. :/

Well i can say my pricelists are not that outdated. I fully changed prices for like 6-10 hats and lists were semi-outdated. I also wrote something like this: pricelist may be outdated, im mostly buying all 1st gens for 25-30% off, 30% for 2nd gens and etc.. Also i can just search for some guys pricelists and just copy-paste them if they are indate. The most of offers i got are mostly with good prices

Firm pricelists are the best, saying stuff like "looking for a 30% discount on 2nd gens" is way too advanced for most people and you'll just get abused by out of date unusuals. Saying stuff like "looking for discounts" leads to people posting on your trade calling a 5% discount a quicksell. Saying like "Paying 45 keys for a clean green energy spartan" or something like that leaves the least amount of interpretation to the seller, making life a lot easier.

I found the easiest way is to make an outpost trade with 8 hats you're paying the same amount for, and just having the notes be like "paying 50 keys for any of those"

• Like 1

Imo is better you say the hat and effects you are buying and the % discount.  So you can be sure you will only get offers with the unusuals you want and if price changes you don't have to modify it. Sometimes you say you buy 1st gen effects and someone offers you a massed flies or you say you want all class hat and they offer a executioner