Guide to Killstreak/Sheen Kits and Fabricators

Woifi The Viking

Killstreak/Sheen Kits and Fabricators Guide

So what are these new things you get from playing MVM with tickets (and unboxing certain crates)....
All the new items have only one purpose, to create Killstreak-weapons (with effects), a link to the effects and how they look like is at the bottom.
There are kits for every weapon, you can use them like strangifiers or paints, just click on apply and choose your weapon (works for all types, unique, strange, festive strange, botkiller, vintage etc).
Killstreak = With every kill you make with a Killstreak-weapon your Killstreak-number increases (just like the head counter for the Eyelander), there is just a total counter, it doesn't matter with which of your Killstreak-weapons you get the kills (for example 8 kills with your rocket launcher and 2 with your market gardner will make a total of 10 kills, enough for the big eye effect to show if you have a pro ks weapon active), if you die, it will reset to 0.

There are 3 different types: Killstreak only, Specialized Killstreak (weapon glowing) and Professional Killstreak (weapon glowing + eye effect).
Normal Kits: professional_grease_basic.3d5b2cc3b839baSpecialized Kits: professional_grease.f0bc959ce084fef62050Professional Kits: professional_grease_rare.cecad396db9cf43
Specialized Killstreak Kit Fabricator: professional_kit.e91092b5612133c80fd1c49Professional Killstreak Kit Fabricator: professional_kit_rare.51ae1c95c9db7e9bae
Usually you just get a Normal Killstreak Kit and a Specialized Killstreak Kit Fabricator from finishing a Tour = all 4 2 City Missions (you get the random parts for completing a mission).
With the Fabricators you can "craft" the Kits, they are like Chemistry Sets. http://puu.sh/5GQdr.jpg - Here is a specialized Killstreak Kit Fabricator (for the Widowmaker) with all it's ingredients (they vary, but everyone requires an unique Killstreak Item) and at the bottom you see the effect of the weapon glowing (=sheen) which the Kit will have.
Unique Killstreak Weapon = Any unique weapon with a killstreak on it = it doesn't matter which weapon, as long as it is unique. You get those when you use normal Killstreak Kit on the weapon.
The only difference between the ingredients from specialized and professional killstreak kit fabricators is, that you need two unique specialized killstreak weapons and also rare parts for the professional ones (http://puu.sh/5GQXS.jpg).

Prices:
Killstreak Kits for Primary weapons are the most expensive ones, because those are the weapons which everyone uses the most. But since you need unique killstreak weapons and unique specialized killstreak weapons for the fabricators they have all some kind of basic value, because none are really useless.

Fabricators: http://backpack.tf/classifieds/?item=fabricator
They specialized start at ~0.11 ref for most weapons. Some professional melee weapon fabricators are available for 2 ref already.

Kits: http://backpack.tf/classifieds/?item=Kit (please look carefully at the colour before you add people)
The normal ones start at ~2 ref*, the specialized at ~12 ref* and the professional ones start at 5 keys. However unique gru kits and others which are unboxable can be purchased on the scm for ~25 cents already, so I recommend using them for completing specialized fabricators.

*Exceptions to those prices are Kits for weapons which you need to craft, like the Ham-Shank etc. Ham Shanks cost 0.66 ref atm, so the prices for the Kits are usually cheaper than for normal weapons.

Useful Links:
How they look like:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201300820 - has videos of the sheens and effects.
http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/5128-how-sheens-killstreakers-look-like/

The Community market for some more pricechecking: http://steamcommunity.com/market/ (use cheapest listing + past sales for a pricecheck)

Scrap.tf's Partswapping, to complete your Fabricators easier: http://scrap.tf/partswap

PS: If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask and tell me. :)

• Like 16

Can I post how I would rank the kits here? I'm not getting enough feedback from where it currently is.

PS: you spelled exceptions wrong :3

For the normal killstreak kit ~4-6 ref is rather high. Its easy to get normal kits at 2 ref lowest depending on the weapon. I bought a killstreak winger kit for 2 ref and had seen a few other normal ones with a b/o of 3 ref as well.

Thanks for this Woifi. I had no idea what they meant when they said "Unique killstreak weapon" and couldn't find info anywhere. 

So this was a big help. 

i have completed 14 tours

i got 2 australium weapons

4 professional fabs

20+ specialized fabs

300+ robot parts

so the professionals is a rare drop and you dont get them for every tour as you say at your description please update that.it might make ppl think that its easy to get/drop.

other than that very usefull guide for the traders to follow.

Unique killstreaks are the base for all crafts i sell them all for 1 key each very easy or I keep them to craft the specialized and prof's.the demand is just enormous

the worst prof weapon to craft will cost 6 keys minimum.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/16133789 7 days  almost 1500 views 30+ bookmarks more than 35 sells.

Can I post how I would rank the kits here? I'm not getting enough feedback from where it currently is.

PS: you spelled exceptions wrong :3

I would rather like to see the effect ranking in the other thread, because that's about hte visuals. :P

PS: Thank you very much.

It's also possible to get a fabricator from just completing a single map, although it's a rare drop like the prisitine parts.

Correct, that's why I said usually. :P

For the normal killstreak kit ~4-6 ref is rather high. Its easy to get normal kits at 2 ref lowest depending on the weapon. I bought a killstreak winger kit for 2 ref and had seen a few other normal ones with a b/o of 3 ref as well.

It was more a pricecheck for selling your own kits rather than buying some. Atm there is just one kit at 3 ref and a few for 4 ref. But it seems that there are better kits now than yesterday, I will change the price to 4-5 ref.

• Like 1

Hey woifi, can you make a specific place for ranking the effects? The other thread is not getting any replies. And I also doubt many people would look at the 5th page. I'd do it myself, but somebody moved it afterwards when I did it as my first post. If a moderator starts the thread, I don't think it would get moved.

I just completed my first Two Cities tour yesterday, and I got a Killstreak Tomislav Kit, plus a Specialized Killstreak Loose Cannon Kit Fabricator w/ aMean Green sheen. I tried selling the Tomislav Kit for a day or two, but I really wanted to make the Fabricator (since I felt that a Specialized Kit would sell faster), so I applied the Killstreak Kit to a Unique Tomislav and put that into the recipe, combining it with all the other neccessary parts. Then I preceded to sell it for a Haunted Lime Crone's + RoBro 3000, which was over my initial B/O of 3 keys (going off of completed kits selling on the Market).

If you think about it, playing tours to earn Killstreak Kits and the neccessary parts is a very lucrative business. You already break even on most maps you complete just from the parts themselves, and even if you keep those parts, it's easy to profit if you know what segment of the market you're aiming for.

I just put my Strange pro Huo long on the market and saw that one sold today for 16ish and there is another there for 17ish.  Do they not realize that the weapon costs that much or more to even make?  Any Pro weapon costs around $15 wallet money to make at minimum.

Hey woifi, can you make a specific place for ranking the effects? The other thread is not getting any replies. And I also doubt many people would look at the 5th page. I'd do it myself, but somebody moved it afterwards when I did it as my first post. If a moderator starts the thread, I don't think it would get moved.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/5128-how-sheens-killstreakers-look-like/?p=60392 ?

I don't think there can be a clear ranking atm and I don't think such a thread is really necessary.~

I just completed my first Two Cities tour yesterday, and I got a Killstreak Tomislav Kit, plus a Specialized Killstreak Loose Cannon Kit Fabricator w/ aMean Green sheen. I tried selling the Tomislav Kit for a day or two, but I really wanted to make the Fabricator (since I felt that a Specialized Kit would sell faster), so I applied the Killstreak Kit to a Unique Tomislav and put that into the recipe, combining it with all the other neccessary parts. Then I preceded to sell it for a Haunted Lime Crone's + RoBro 3000, which was over my initial B/O of 3 keys (going off of completed kits selling on the Market).

If you think about it, playing tours to earn Killstreak Kits and the neccessary parts is a very lucrative business. You already break even on most maps you complete just from the parts themselves, and even if you keep those parts, it's easy to profit if you know what segment of the market you're aiming for.

Yeah usually it's better to complete the specialized Set rather than selling all extra. And I got some decent item overpays too for my kits, above my pure b/o.

You break even for most of the time, get some slight profit but if you consider how many hours it takes you to finish a tour, I wouldn't call it lucrative, unless you get one of these rare drops. ;)

I have posted something like this once but wanted to put the complete sheet up.

http://puu.sh/5KpPp.png

Using steam market prices I have established the minimum cost of fabrications as all sets seem to have the same cost in raw material.

The first variable is the price of the killstreak item.  The cheapest I found was $1,15 for the item.

In the end any Pro Weapon will cost (either in purchase or opportunity cost) a minimum of $12.66.

So far market prices are above that but some are very close which will eventually lead to many kits not being made.  In theory then if Australium weapons and pro fabs drop at the same rate, eventually there will be more Australiums available than Pro Killstreak Weapons

I have posted something like this once but wanted to put the complete sheet up.

http://puu.sh/5KpPp.png

Using steam market prices I have established the minimum cost of fabrications as all sets seem to have the same cost in raw material.

The first variable is the price of the killstreak item.  The cheapest I found was $1,15 for the item.

In the end any Pro Weapon will cost (either in purchase or opportunity cost) a minimum of $12.66.

So far market prices are above that but some are very close which will eventually lead to many kits not being made.  In theory then if Australium weapons and pro fabs drop at the same rate, eventually there will be more Australiums available than Pro Killstreak Weapons

http://stats.tf/item/725/Tour_of_Duty_Ticket + http://stats.tf/item/6526/Kit + all weapons which have a professional killstreak (x)

pro kit ~6% + ~0.5% + x% vs ~1% of australium weapons

So I guess it's ~7:1.

So how much do killstreak kits add to the value of a weapon? That's really the only question my copious amounts of research hasn't answered :/

Sold a specialized knife fabricator for 3 keys today, have a professional loose cannon for sale for 10 keys and can't get a bite on it for some reason. Popular Primary wep for demo but no interest for some reason.

So how much do killstreak kits add to the value of a weapon? That's really the only question my copious amounts of research hasn't answered :/

I don't think there's a goid answer to that tbh. Most primary weps with professional fabs I have seen have sold for close to a bud. But, there is so much wiggle room, some people can't sell them for a few keys more than a basic strange version. The whole fab market is fickle and all over the map on pricing.

I've been going through many trades asking RIDICULOUS prices for their killstreak items. People are asking in buds and Max's heads. Without a clear-cut price set upon these items it's hard to get hold of them unless you're a TF2 high-roller. So how much do you guys think they're worth and will be worth? Will the price increase or decrease with time? And will the kit the weapon is for drastically change the price? If so which one(s) will be the most expensive?

It depends on the weapon it's for. Popular weapons have a higher demand and will be worth more, but they will all decrease in price just like any item that constantly drops.

I've been going through many trades asking RIDICULOUS prices for their killstreak items. People are asking in buds and Max's heads. Without a clear-cut price set upon these items it's hard to get hold of them unless you're a TF2 high-roller. So how much do you guys think they're worth and will be worth? Will the price increase or decrease with time? And will the kit the weapon is for drastically change the price? If so which one(s) will be the most expensive?

prof Killstreak rocket launcher 1 bud+++
prof Killstreak short circuit 6 keys? (it costs like 6 keys to make it)

General Tip: Don't complete crap weapon professional fabricators. It's not worth it, at all.

Sold a specialized knife fabricator for 3 keys today, have a professional loose cannon for sale for 10 keys and can't get a bite on it for some reason. Popular Primary wep for demo but no interest for some reason.

Loose Cannon is not as popular as you think.

Which kits, normal, specialized or professional?

PS: Moved, merged and deleted some posts. How to keep a clean forum. lol

depends the weapon.

a pro scattergun can go for a lot lot buds

Fyi, I didn't know this but all killstreak weapons contribute to your score. 2 kills on one and 1 on another with 2 with your pro weapon will still produce the effect of the pro weapon. Some may have known that, some not.

Also, I noticed that if you search "professional wrench" on the steam market it will produce all wrench types. Does this mean that the wrench kit could be applied to any wrench?

Also, I noticed that if you search "professional wrench" on the steam market it will produce all wrench types. Does this mean that the wrench kit could be applied to any wrench?

c6zKghV.png

All weapons and hats are a "level __ _______", that's why a wrench search shows all engineer melee weapons.

Hey everyone! Just here to ask a few questions.

1) Primary weapons are the most expensive kits. I know that. But are certain Primary weapon kits worth more than others (for example, Prof. Rocket launcher kits are going for over $90, while the prof. syringe gun kit I've seen go for only $10. Or the Sharp dresser for spy going for $30, while the spy-cicle is only going for $15)? I am also assuming that some kits are rarer than others.

2) Are certain colors for the sheen better than others (similar to unusual tiers, or how does a wespon's regular color affect the sheen's value)? How about the eye effects? ^^Are they the same? If not, is it possible that you could make a hypothetical tier list with what the community sees as the top/bottom sheens & effects?

3) Eventually, a price WILL be determined for at least some of the 49 possible combinations for all the weapons with kits. But for now, is there a way to tell what prices are fair, and which are rip offs? (sort of similar to the questions of which sheen/effect is better)

Thanks! :)

(Also, thinking about getting one soon...)

Also, could you perhaps give me an estimate on the price of these:

• Unarmed Combat with Team Shine sheen and Tornado effect
  • Crusader's Crossbow with Deadly Daffodil Sheen and Singularity effect