Listings Removed (Again?)

Reen Reen

So I've had buy listings for ALL Reinforced parts for months now. Stating :

"4 parts = 1 scrap. I only pay with metals (Scrap, Reclaimed, Refined). Do NOT take any of my weapon". I list it at 0.05 refined

I never had ANY SINGLE PROBLEM with those listings in months, until today I found out that a mod named nagini deleted the classified for my Emotion Detector and he said "Hello. I deleted your listing because 0.05 implies two for one scrap. 0.03 (rounded) would be 4 for one scrap. Thanks."

Now. I've had a very similar problem with one mod 3-4 months ago, when I state the price at 0.11 because I am only buying at 1 scrap for 4 parts, we even had a debate and then he said that it's fine if I list it with price 0.05 refined after he asked another mod

And since then I never had any single problem with that, but then this one mod goes on and deleted only ONE of 3 classifieds for Reinforced parts that I buy, saying that I should list it for 0.03 ref each

Now, the problem is, well, THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN LIST A PRICE BELOW 0.05 REF. And why you only deleted one out of 3 listings with SAME STATEMENT? (I expect this guy will say that he don't have time to look all my 100+ listings just like the last mod I talked with said)

So I wonder, are the mods really don't organize with each other and only delete listings that are reported and saying stuffs that you can't even do?

I'd really like to have an explanation from this one mod named nagini

(P.S : I know there'll be a shit ton of grammar mistakes or weird usage of words, since English isn't my native language nor I'm really good at handling my grammar, I'm sorry for that)

Mod was right i guess, Buy orders should be price for single item. people who made listings like "100 refs for 5 keys" are also removed so how your listings are different? Mod should remove rest of your listings when you set price for more than 1 item

• Like 2

Mod was right i guess, Buy orders should be price for single item. people who made listings like "100 refs for 5 keys" are also removed so how your listings are different? Mod should remove rest of your listings when you set price for more than 1 item

No, mod was enforcing rules to the letter without having a complete understanding of how buy orders work.

It's true that you have to list the price you're paying for each individual item. However, you literally can not create a buy order for less than 0.05 refined. The site won't allow it. So, you are forced to either list and pay 0.05 for each item, or else list for 0.05 and then state in your notes that you're actually paying a scrap for four or whatever. It's the only way around a site limitation, not intentional line-cutting.

OP's situation is different than the "100 refs for 5 keys" type of listing because nothing is stopping the latter from listing 20 ref for 1 key.

@OP No, the mods aren't a super-organized team that's always going to be on the same page about everything, and some of them might even get some stuff wrong. They also don't  spend all their time patrolling buy orders--chances are someone got salty and flagged the buy order, and the mod glanced at it and saw that it was  one price for multiple items, and deleted without further thought. Buy orders below 0.05 ref are kind of a rare and specific instance that might not come up very often, so it's understandable that a mod might not know how to properly handle it. I'd just put the buy order back up and not worry about it.

But i see that he has price 0.05 for part so if i will send him 2 parts i will expect to get 1 scrap (0.05 for each as its his price in buy order). if he would decline it i would use it to report him for not accepting items at price he has in his buy order (maybe someone did it?). you can alsways use outpost for trades like this.

• Administrators

You can list multiple items at 0.05, but you have to be actually willing to buy at 0.05. If you list at 0.05 and say 4 for a scrap, you can't also say "don't take my weapons" - you have to accept offers of 2 for a weapon if people send them.

Posted · Hidden by polar, August 26, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, August 26, 2016 - No reason given

If you want to make listings like these, you'll need to use the forums or outpost. 0.05 ref is the lowest denomination currency available on the main site. Can't place buy orders less than that at this time.

Funny, really, after having the same problem and had 2 mods solved it now this shit happens again. And it's getting ridiculous now

I've been doing it for months and had no problem, not at all. Yet there's one dude who anonymously reported one of my listing and mod just blindly deleted it?

I thought notes on buy / sell orders are supposed to CLARIFY things that you can't do only by listing price so people will understand, and most people did :)

(Also funny while I'm waiting for the mod who caused this the other mod just came, giving "explanations" and then yet REMOVED my other listings for "breaking the rules")

But i see that he has price 0.05 for part so if i will send him 2 parts i will expect to get 1 scrap (0.05 for each as its his price in buy order). if he would decline it i would use it to report him for not accepting items at price he has in his buy order (maybe someone did it?). you can alsways use outpost for trades like this.

"3. The listing price should be what you are willing to pay for each individual item. Don't list a buy order at 30 keys for 10 buds.

This does not apply to buy orders listed at 0.05. For example, you may make listings at 0.05 for multiple reinforced robot parts."

Guess you should read the rules

• Administrators

Funny, really, after having the same problem and had 2 mods solved it now this shit happens again. And it's getting ridiculous now

I've been doing it for months and had no problem, not at all. Yet there's one dude who anonymously reported one of my listing and mod just blindly deleted it?

I thought notes on buy / sell orders are supposed to CLARIFY things that you can't do only by listing price so people will understand, and most people did :)

(Also funny while I'm waiting for the mod who caused this the other mod just came, giving "explanations" and then yet REMOVED my other listings for "breaking the rules")

What are you confused by? I think my response in this thread was quite clear. The other mod was not aware of the way the rules had changed, and is now. I explained in this thread what was wrong with your other listings. If you list at 0.05 you have to be willing to pay 0.05.

If you list at 0.05 and say 4 for a scrap, you can't also say "don't take my weapons" - you have to accept offers of 2 for a weapon if people send them.

Ummm.

I feel like that's really stretching a point, considering the number of unique weapons that are worth more than 0.05 (re-skins, possibly sticky/rocket jumpers, objectors, etc). From my days trading low-tier items, I can confirm 100% that people go straight for those.

For example: would an offer of 2 parts for his Sharp Dresser have to be accepted? It's a unique weapon, after all. Common sense says you shouldn't send such an offer, but people will because they don't know any better, and they'll get mad because it doesn't get accepted. And they'll get even angrier because you said an offer of 2 parts for a weapon has to be accepted.

Plus, maybe he wants to actually keep his weapons--he appears to have only one copy each weapon (presumably to keep his inventory tidy), and I feel like it's actually reasonable to ask people to only take metal, and leave him his weapons because he presumably uses them. I mean, how hard is it for them to add a weapon on their own side to balance the trade?

If that's actually the rules, then the rules leave a lot of potential for angry inexperienced traders.

• Administrators

Ummm.

I feel like that's really stretching a point, considering the number of unique weapons that are worth more than 0.05 (re-skins, possibly sticky/rocket jumpers, objectors, etc). From my days trading low-tier items, I can confirm 100% that people go straight for those.

For example: would an offer of 2 parts for his Sharp Dresser have to be accepted? It's a unique weapon, after all. Common sense says you shouldn't send such an offer, but people will because they don't know any better, and they'll get mad because it doesn't get accepted. And they'll get even angrier because you said an offer of 2 parts for a weapon has to be accepted.

Plus, maybe he wants to actually keep his weapons--he appears to have only one copy each weapon (presumably to keep his inventory tidy), and I feel like it's actually reasonable to ask people to only take metal, and leave him his weapons because he presumably uses them. I mean, how hard is it for them to add a weapon on their own side to balance the trade?

If that's actually the rules, then the rules leave a lot of potential for angry inexperienced traders.

If he wants to buy stuff for 0.05 he needs to have currency worth 0.05 in his backpack for trading. Obviously if someone sends an offer for a weapon worth more, it's not against the rules to decline. If someone listed at 10 refined and then only had keys because having refined in his backpack didn't suit him, you surely wouldn't be saying that was fine and that people should just send change? It's the same principle. I already bent the rules to the point of alteration on this once to even allow multiple item listings at 0.05, but not changing anything further. If you wanna buy at 0.05, you have to have items you're willing to sell at 0.05.

I'd also like to point out that all either mod did was remove incorrect listings here. We didn't ban him or remove all listings.

If he wants to buy stuff for 0.05 he needs to have currency worth 0.05 in his backpack for trading.

I'd also like to point out that all either mod did was remove incorrect listings here. We didn't ban him or remove all listings.

I feel like we may have strayed away from the original issue. He was never buying anything for 0.05; the entire problem is that he wants to buy items at 0.028, but the site doesn't allow listings to be created below 0.05, forcing him to employ creative measures in order to achieve his goal. Listing at 0.05 was just a workaround.

And I would hope to hell no one would ever ban or remove all listings for a situation like that :P

What about instead of 0.05, perhaps list at .11 with notes saying .11 for groups of four parts? Sure it could be called a misrepresentation, but it's no different than listing at 0.05; neither price is accurate for one item, but site limitations don't allow 0.028 to be listed, so a placeholder price is necessary. If 0.05 is acceptable, I don't see why .11 would not be. That might clarify the issue, and keep people from expecting weapons.

Also, not trying to be argumentative here, I just feel like there's an easier way than forcing him to continually stock weapons for people that don't want multiples of 4--when he doesn't want to list at 0.05 anyway, but only does so as a workaround. That would require more backpack space, more time and effort buying/restocking them, more annoyance if someone took the last copy of a weapon, etc. The whole point of currencies is to avoid all that hassle, after all, and just have one item you need to have.

• Administrators

Listings for multiple items is a potential idea for the future that has been raised before, but for now this is the way the site works. You can buy multiple at 0.05 but no higher than that. If you list at 0.05, you have to be willing to trade at 0.05.

If you list at 0.05, you have to be willing to trade at 0.05.

Because apparently from my last issue about this is that the mod asked me to make a listing for 0.05 instead of 0.11 even though I said that I'd only want to pay at least 1 scrap each trade

And now you told me that I must be willing to pay what the price I listed for

Isn't it a little bit hypocrite? So which one is true anyway? I only want to pay 1 scrap, but I am not allowed to list it at 0.11 because apparently it's "line hopping" (Although I am the only one buying Reinforced parts atm). But yet now I must be willing to pay at the price I listed it for

I think it's you who I had the issue with last time, Teeny? Not sure because I forgot it. But I think if the mod I had this problem with last time is still working here, I'm sure he should at least remember a bit of it

• Administrators

I was the mod last time. You misunderstood me, clearly. The information here is correct and if you break the rule again you may get a ban as I have stated it plainly for you.

1. First time I'm having this problem is because I listed the buy orders for 0.11, which is "breaking the rules" and "line hopping" (I even had half of my listings removed and banned from classies for 1 day without real clear explanation), and then the problem is solved after the mod said I'm ok buying but I need to list it at 0.05 ref

2. Now that I have this problem again you said I must be willing to pay the price I listed it for, but then if I list it at 0.11 it will most likely be deleted as well anyway for "line hopping"

TL;DR What the fuck should I do?

• Administrators

You can either list at 0.05 and accept that you must trade weapons if offered or you can use the forums or a different site for these kinds of trades. It's really not that complicated.

TL;DR What the fuck should I do?

Stop buying those parts on this site unless you want to keep weapons in stock, as the Cat said.

autpost is another option. Just don't fight the man on this one, because the man is a woman and a cat, and you will lose.