Rule suggestion regarding the pricing of strange hats

Salvage

I think a rough estimate of how discrepant SCM sellers and sales have to be to generally allow the use of SCM sales to price a strange hat, noted in the non-unusual suggestion guide (or anywhere else for that matter) would really help suggestors to get a basic idea of whether they should attempt a suggestion using SCM on a strange hat or not, it would also draw attention to the fact that these types of suggestions are usually not accepted (the only places where that is noted at the current time are a few suggestions where moderators commented, which aren't directly visible to the average suggestor). I don't think it should be a set-in-stone rule but rather a decision left up to the moderators, it should also depend on other different factors whether a suggestion where sales and sellers aren't as discrepant as the rule suggests gets accepted,, e.g. the amount of sales in the range, the range in which the sales occured, etc., simular to the 5% rule.

• Administrators

You want a rule written down to clarify/define this, but you don't think it should have a set in stone rule?

This is common sense, can people not use some judgement? If the listings on the SCM are clearly way off from sales then it's ok, if they're about the same then automatic SCM pricing is gonna keep it up to date more quickly and accurately than suggestions based on SCM sales will. Item sales are better than either.

• Like 7

You want a rule written down to clarify/define this, but you don't think it should have a set in stone rule?

It should be like the 5% rule, gives the users a general idea of what's ok and what's not but it isn't set in stone.

If the listings on the SCM are clearly way off from sales then it's ok, if they're about the same then automatic SCM pricing is gonna keep it up to date more quickly and accurately than suggestions based on SCM sales will. Item sales are better than either.

I know this, the only reason I would like to see it implemented in the rules is so users know that this is the way it works, like I mentioned in the original post, this "rule" was only posted on a few suggestions here and there, and if it was implemented in the rules it would save everybody some time. I just don't want this to become an unspoken rule. Just like the rules where updated when skin pricing became a thing they should now be updated since strange hat pricing is a thing and has its own special rules.

• Administrators

It should be like the 5% rule, gives the users a general idea of what's ok and what's not but it isn't set in stone.

I know this, the only reason I would like to see it implemented in the rules is so users know that this is the way it works, like I mentioned in the original post, this "rule" was only posted on a few suggestions here and there, and if it was implemented in the rules it would save everybody some time. I just don't want this to become an unspoken rule. Just like the rules where updated when skin pricing became a thing they should now be updated since strange hat pricing is a thing and has its own special rules.

Happy now? :P