Potential High Value Special Craft Number Black Box

DeEvilBanana

A couple of days ago, I received a black box (normal quality) as a drop and it was level 5. At first, I thought nothing of it and moved on with my life until somebody in a trade server offered a lot of items for just my black box. To be precise, he offered a festive force a nature, a festive flaregun, and the industrial festivizer (1.33 craft hat). The total trade value exceeded 9 ref and that got my wondering: "Why is he offering so much for a regular weapon?" After doing a bit of digging, certain weapons with unique level numbers can be worth a lot if sold to the right collector.

Whether he is desperate for a black box, or he wants to make a profit on a trader who is unfamiliar with special craft numbers, I would like someone to help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

Also as a side note, when i was trading with him, I told him that wep for wep would be fine but he offered the craft hat and nothing else. Then he later put the other items in as "compensation?"

All black boxes are level 5.

If it was a Unique Black Box (Yellow border), you encountered an idiot and profited greatly.

If it was a Normal Black Box (Gray border), then you had a rare glitched item and were sharked.

• Like 2