Sourceop banned me

Mr Furley

WTF I was a sourceop user for a long time when i got trade banned by steam....for buying keys from someone selling on their site. I told them at the time what was happening. I protested to steam for 2 years saying i was never a part of a scam only to have them reverse my perm ban, which they say they never do... So I go back to sourceop and say hooray I was unbanned , what do they do? give me the third degree... ask for post... which i do. they ask for links...which i do....they ask for screenshots ...which i do. what do I get ...trade ban from their site....for buying keys from a guy selling on their site.

Is this typical from them? just confused

You'll probably have better luck getting unbanned from that website if you appealed on their website rather than posting on a completely unrelated website. As far as I know it's a dead website anyway.

• Like 4

I'm a green tagged steamrep middleman, and they still have me permabanned from their forums for the caution I had over a year ago and appealed over a year ago

• Like 1

yeah i feel like they asked me to jump through a bunch of hoops when they had no intention of unbanning me on their site. Well I guess Im here now, actually I was unbanned for a couple weeks before I even remembered their site so if they dont want a person like me on their site fine. At least we have a more tolerant home now.

I'm a green tagged steamrep middleman, and they still have me permabanned from their forums for the caution I had over a year ago and appealed over a year ago

you're a testament to the joke that SR has become

SourceOP is kind of defunct anyway. They basically became steamrep. Old sourceOP admins now work for SR as well

you're a testament to the joke that SR has become

Couple things:

1. Angelmander is not a SteamRep middleman. He's a Fortress of Gamers (FoG) middleman. It would be more appropriate to say Angelmander is a middleman listed on SteamRep, but there are no SteamRep middlemen. I realize this is sometimes hard for people to differentiate, but if Angelmander hypothetically went rogue and started using his tag to scam people, then Fortress of Gamers, the community who tagged him, would be responsible, not SteamRep. Nobody from SteamRep vetted or voiced their opinion on this person becoming a middleman, and the tag was issued directly by a FoG admin.
  2. SourceOP is not SteamRep. They are an independent community, just like FoG, and can ban whomever they choose for any reason, or even no reason at all. Nothing SteamRep says or does (including an admin or middleman tag) will affect that. Their choice to ban someone despite having a green tag on SteamRep should have no bearing on SteamRep's credibility. You can criticize SOP's aggressive and unforgiving bans, or the community as a whole if you wish (they actually pride themselves on banning as many innocent traders as scammers), but they're a different community run by completely different rules. Unless it carries over into their community's tags, SOP bans are no more SteamRep's business than bans from backpack.tf, Outpost, Lounge, or OPSkins.
  3. Angelmander is not banned on SteamRep's forums, and as far as I can tell never has been. Additionally, he has never been tagged as a scammer. He had a caution tag, issued by Fortress of Gamers (the same community now giving him a middleman tag) for trading with scammers, that was removed in an appeal before that policy got retroactively repealed.
  • Like 3