what happens when you banned from Steamcommunity

MrDeepDarkmind

My dear friend got banned but like they never mention why she got banned

her profile is like one of those profiles that are new to steam. what kind of ban is this

Pretty sure anybody would need more detail to help with this. What profile are you talking about? Who is "they"? How new to Steam? 

For example like this (below)

post-18079-0-94759600-1469340307_thumb.png

But I've known the person for a year and some days and she says she got banned by Valve (profile ban i think) but her profile looks like its all 100% new like how someone would make a alt or is new to steam

For example like this (below)

attachicon.gifInfo.png

But I've known the person for a year and some days and she says she got banned by Valve (profile ban i think) but her profile looks like its all 100% new like how someone would make a alt or is new to steam

As far as I'm aware bans like that are displayed on the profile. Otherwise she could be lying, that's all I've got.

Girls, LYING?!

how rare!

how is she banned? thats just a profile that hasn't been edited at all.

maybe she just says shes banned so you leave her alone

Girls, LYING?!

how rare!

Someone has some mommy issues... Plus

I've known the person for a year and some days

But, we're going to need more info @Darkmind as others have said. Did she receive an email? What happens when she goes to edit her profile? More as well if you can think of anything to give.

Girls, LYING?!

how rare!

this had me dying, thumbs up yo

Someone has some mommy issues... Plus

But, we're going to need more info @Darkmind as others have said. Did she receive an email? What happens when she goes to edit her profile? More as well if you can think of anything to give.

she didn't receive a email from Valve or Steamcommunity about this ban but when I put a offer shows the badge and level but when i go to the profile it doesn't show anything like the picture I showed earlier

(pic is below)

She did mention she is banned till December 22, 1969 but wouldn't that be a unban already since its outdated. Weird tho

this had me dying, thumbs up yo

she didn't receive a email from Valve or Steamcommunity about this ban but when I put a offer shows the badge and level but when i go to the profile it doesn't show anything like the picture I showed earlier

(pic is below)

She did mention she is banned till December 22, 1969 but wouldn't that be a unban already since its outdated. Weird tho

Unix time began at midnight on january 1st, 1970. Steam bases their bans around unix time, so an indefinite ban can show up like that. There are also bans that will be lifted (supposedly) in 2038, which is when unix time ends  roughly.

Either way, this entire situation sounds make believe. I'd like to see some screenshots from your friend of the things shes claiming.