How can I find the identity_secret on an unrooted android phone

Xerye  trade.tf  📱✔

Hello :-)

I got a new phone and because of that, I have a new identity_secret for Backpack.tf Automatic hidden on the new phone.

Its a Samsung Galaxy S7, UNROOTED.

I allready was able to get the identity_secret from my former phone, also an unrooted samsung phone.

But its long ago that I did that, and trust me - I have checked all and any guides howto do it - with no success.

No Guide here on the Backpack.tf forums, nor the www helped.

I am not a newbie to computer and phone-related things, and as said, I allready managed to get the identity_secret about a year ago aswell, but now its killing me since two days and im desperate.

I would appreciate a step-by-steap guide howto extract the identity_secret on an unrooted android phone, and no links to existing ones, because as said I allready checked any and all of them, and they are outdated, downloads are missing, in some external forums that are linked are hundrets of comments hiding the guideline postings, ultraconfusing and so on. Checkem' yourself and you will see what i mean. ^^

Cheers and thanks for any help! :-)))

I feared that, so I guess newer android systems have a new safety-rule implemented that prevents all former methods to get the identity_secret from an unrooted phone :( thats bad...

Thanks for your answer!

By chance, do you know if it still works on rooted phones? I dont wanna risk the guarantee of my new phone but if theres no other way D:

Cheers =)

It's not because of Android, it's because of the steam app.

Also on a GS7, it'll trip the Knox fuse, inheritly voiding warranty.

But anyway, yes, it'll work

DONE :D I rooted my phone and:

Moved to the directory where the steamguard files are, emailed myself the file, opened with a notepad and there was the secret_identity.

Its sad that you cant get that anymore on unrooted phones tho but well - much appreciated, Oddball <3 Enjoy your weekend :D

• Like 1