The Nice, France attack

The Oddball

What else can we say? Everytime we say the same bullshit "our prayers are with the victims families" yet we haven't done shit. You can say they are doing something, but are they, are they really?

• Like 1

They are doing something.

They increased security and have extended support to armed guards in large population centres. 

So I can say, yes, they are doing something!

Maybe not enough, but they are doing something and if they didnt it would be much worse.

It's almost a year since the 2015 Paris attacks

I guess we're going into a full cycle, obviously for the worse. I hope things gets better

That certainly wasn't a very nice thing to do.

I want to murder you for that pun 

Why is France such a highly targeted location for terrorist attacks? 

Perhaps because it's in Europe & a popular tourist location as well as a generally aesthetically pleasing place to be.

(and there's lots of gatherings ? idk)

Apparently its not hard to get guns there

I was literally just there walking around 2 weeks ago, so this hits home for me. Nice is one of my all time favorite cities in the world, so it pains me to see this happen, especially there. I wish I knew the answer of what to do to turn things around with the violence and terrorism, but I don't. The world is a very scary place right now...

It has a lot of people. More people = more chance of a retard being among them. And the banlieues are a breeding ground for trouble, and with a lot of its inhabitants being Muslim North-Africans, some of that trouble is going to be Islamist extremism.

And attention. What these idiots want is attention, an attack in France will get them more attention than an attack in Chechenya, Iraq or Malaysia.

Hollande's incompetence costs yet more lives, and gives morons like Le Pen and Trump a boost in support. Wouldn't surprise me if there are reprisal attacks considering the state that France is in.

A Christian kills few people and everyone writes that he was a one. A Islamist kills tons of people and no one will ever mention about his religion. 

"Taboo" and "Tolerance" much.

a)The guy used a truck. Let's ban all trucks. They're for terrorists!

b)Be like Sweden! Let's start wearing wristbands with "Don't drive over me".

c)Let's make a France flag filter popular again on Facebook!

Fucking nuke them already

who is "them"? IS? Because it's not even certain what they hold, and they have a lot of civilians. You can't just nuke civilians

who is "them"? IS? Because it's not even certain what they hold, and they have a lot of civilians. You can't just nuke civilians

Them being Isis.

Was a metaphor for modern countries to use excessive force to wipe them out, it's really gotten to that stage now.

Obviously without harming or causing as little harm to civilians as possible.

Patrick Calvar, director of the DGSI (Intelligence Service for the French territory) stated a few days ago the main threat is the "ultra-droite" (right-wing / identity movements). The problem is not the co-funding of salafist mosques by the French state, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, nor the massive immigration from muslim countries. If we keep up with the actual policy, it will get worse every time. There is no place for commemoration when no serious measures are taken.

Patrick Calvar, director of the DGSI (Intelligence Service for the French territory) stated a few days ago the main threat is the "ultra-droite" (right-wing / identity movements). The problem is not the co-funding of salafist mosques by the French state, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, nor the massive immigration from muslim countries. If we keep up with the actual policy, it will get worse every time. There is no place for commemoration when no serious measures are taken.

Agreed

Lighting our buildings in blue, white and red, changing our profile pictures to reflect solidarity with France, expressing condolences to the French people and particularly those directly affected by this terrorist attack is moral masturbation.  It does absolutely nothing to affect change, but now at least you can go to sleep with the knowledge that you stand by France because you changed your fb profile pic.  

Do you want to affect change?  Start by calling it what it really is.  It's not generic terrorism.  It's not Muslim terrorism.  It's extremist Sunni Islamism, as observed in e.g. the Wahhabi and Salafi sects.  Ask your government "Why do we trade (and sell weapons to) with Saudi Arabia?  They are the dominant Wahhabi country.  I do not condone trading with people who kill women for being raped, so why do you continue to use my tax dollars to do business with this country?".  The West passively condones the actions of ultra right wing Islamist countries like Saudi Arabia by continual political support and mutually beneficial political and economic interaction.  If our governments openly traded with North Korea, would we condone it?  No, of course we wouldn't.  But our leaders keep telling us that all 1.5 billion Muslims are exactly all the same, they all want peace, etc. in other words denying that there are even sects within Islam (I know shocking, right?  It's not like Christianity has sects....oh wait....).  

Until we are honest about the problem and create a space for an honest and open conversation on the issue (that means e.g. you're not allowed to call people racists and biggots when they rightfully accuse others of hate crimes and discrimination based on facts)  we will never even be able to take the first step in really combating what is happening to all of us right now.  

• Like 1

Wow that comma makes a big difference. 

I think it's sad, generic typical opinion I guess. 

:ASSUMING YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ME HERE, IF NOT THEN SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSION xxxxx:

Enlighten me, what's sad about ending a terrorist group?

As for the coma I have no clue what you're talking about.