Orlando Night Club Terrors

TheMCBros99

Breaking News: People are still dying from guns in the USA, and they are still legal.

Don't make this about guns. This clearly isn't about gun control.

Not to mention the guy allegedly had some explosive devices or similar. This was a terrorist attack and should be treated as such, it's likely the guy would have superseded any gun control procedure anyway.

And this is coming from somebody who HATES guns. I HATE them. But this is not the place for that.

Not sure why gay club's in quotes, but whatever.

Although it's still really early, this is likely to spark a whole new wave of gun control debates and attempted legislation, although this time with Muslims and LGBT people thrown into the mix. After all, it's been the deadliest mass shooting in the US.

It's sad that living in the US has caused me to become almost desensitized to mass shootings, even though the body counts keep getting higher and higher and they're getting more and more frequent. I just want to live in a country where I don't have to worry about getting shot, but both political parties are doing fuck-all towards achieving that goal.

Posted · Hidden by OverduePixels, June 13, 2016 - Unnecessary post
Hidden by OverduePixels, June 13, 2016 - Unnecessary post

Good job, 'Murica!

n85RjTJ.jpg[

• Like 3

Last night in Orlando, a night club was shot up by a gunman. 50 suspected dead, and 53 and counting injured.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

Not to mention it was a "gay-club"

Don't make this about guns. This clearly isn't about gun control.

Not to mention the guy allegedly had some explosive devices or similar. This was a terrorist attack and should be treated as such, it's likely the guy would have superseded any gun control procedure anyway.

And this is coming from somebody who HATES guns. I HATE them. But this is not the place for that.

He shot people, he didn't use explosives. 

Not saying it isn't a terrorist attack, but that doesn't mean its not about gun control either. 

He had a gun license, and now this happens. You seriously can't tell me that gun control isn't a factor here.

• Like 4

He shot people, he didn't use explosives. 

Not saying it isn't a terrorist attack, but that doesn't mean its not about gun control either. 

He had a gun license, and now this happens. You seriously can't tell me that gun control isn't a factor here.

It's not the issue. Did anybody make gun control arguments after the shootings in France? No.

He was a gunman, who allegedly HAD explosive type devices. Please A) Read what I actually said and B ) Do some research before telling me I'm incorrect.

• Like 3

It's not the issue. Did anybody make gun control arguments after the shootings in France? No.

He was a gunman, who allegedly HAD explosive type devices. Please A) Read what I actually said and B) Do some research before telling me I'm incorrect.

42bbb0153b34fe46bd3f596e29fa552f.png

1) Please don't condescend me for "not doing research" when in fact, you didn't.

And again, this has nothing to do with France. This is regarding how an American citizen was given a gun license, and now results in the mass shooting, with 50 people dead. 

The issues in France are totally different; LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF SHOOTINGS IN THE USA VS FRANCE.

This is clearly a result of a broken gun control system.

• Like 3

Posted · Hidden by polar, June 14, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, June 14, 2016 - No reason given

I'm out. PRS being dumb as usual, cheerio

• Like 3

I wonder if some security checks failed. If noone could shot him down, this means it must have been some weapon-free zone. Someone just didn't check this guy?

In reality, we shouldn't worry about guns as much as we should 'religion" and mentally unstable people.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way racist or any type of 'ism'.

For chilled soda wanting to ban guns, I read the following on reddit and found it funny.

"If we should ban guns because a few of them kill, shouldn't we also ban Muslims because a few of them kill?"

Disclaimer: I'm in no way racist or any type of 'ism'.

For chilled soda wanting to ban guns, I read the following on reddit and found it funny.

"If we should ban guns because a few of them kill, shouldn't we also ban Muslims because a few of them kill?"

Did I once say ban guns

if you clearly read and think about what I said, it was gun control, not the overall banning of guns

Breaking News: People are still dying from guns in the USA, and they are still legal.

Did I once say ban guns

if you clearly read and think about what I said, it was gun control, not the overall banning of guns

Ah yes of course, avoid the quote. Oh well..

True, true

Welcome to PRS. Where nobody reads anything and your opinion is always wrong.

• Like 2

Pffffft, gun control. I'm pretty sure the black market on guns would exist and thrive regardless of more intense gun control.

• Like 2

Posted · Hidden by OverduePixels, June 13, 2016 - Unnecessary post
Hidden by OverduePixels, June 13, 2016 - Unnecessary post

Surprise, surprise, it was muslim extremists attack.. 

0-days-since-last-muslim-terrorist-attac

• Like 1

For those against firearms:

_84303715_knife_crime.png

SDT-2013-05-gun-crime-1-2.png

Without the bother of providing extensive research and sources, it seems to me that whether you like it or not, crime persists whether firearms are outlawed or not.

UK in 2010: 32000 (Knives)

US in 2010: 11484 (Guns)

Sources:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33547806

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun-homicide-rate-down-49-since-1993-peak-public-unaware/

HOWEVER

The first chart does not mention the death rate whereas the second chart does, I'm busy so you can research further.

But bear in mind that the UK as a whole is about the size of Florida and we are talking about comparing an island to a continent.

My opinion is that even if you take a means away from killing somebody, there will be other ways to do it regardless.

I believe I also read up that the majority of gun crime in the US is done through illegally obtained firearms anyway.

I'm busy so I cba to argue or research this for you all so do it yourselves.

Where does it say the gunman was muslim?

"While investigators are exploring all angles, they "have suggestions the individual has leanings towards (Islamic terrorism), but right now we can't say definitely," said Ron Hopper, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI's Orlando bureau."

Quoting from the article.

• Like 2

Pffffft, gun control. I'm pretty sure the black market on guns would exist and thrive regardless of more intense gun control.

This is pretty true, but you're thinking about banning guns. Gun control is another word for basically restricting the F*ck out of who can own guns, I live in Aussie and there are only a handful of "shoot ups" in the last decade people here "steal" with knives/bats you dont need guns because our gun control makes it pretty hard to get one and if you were "bad ass enough" to have the means to get a gun illegally you wont be doing some small time crap like robbing :l (you need to go through a full course, past multiple tests, get a license, do the tests again every few years, have a genuine reason for owning one...etc)

I'm not too familiar with how America is but gun control has shown to work in literally every country who does have strict gun control laws and unfortunately in this case you have a man who legally owned a gun and decided one day that he was going to go on a mass shooting spree. As have many cases in the past which makes it difficult for anyone to say "we dont need to up our restrictions" from an outsider's point of view.

• Like 2

Various new sites.

Omar Mateen, 29, from Afghan descent.

Being from Afghan descent doesn't mean they will definitely be muslim. However I can understand from Gent's quoting that it may be a factor. (I skimmed the article :c)

Panic! At the Disco

I give it 3 days before something else happens.

• Like 2