Questions about unusual buy orders

K1ng

I'm posting this here because i don't know if it fits in any other sub-forum.

Every buy order of mine is pretty much like this one: http://imgur.com/Zyx1W7e. I set the price for that particular effect (in this case, Steaming), and list a lower price for other effect if i find it necessary (in this case, N&B. Of course, i don't do that if the buy order is for N&B, in which case the listing looks like this: http://imgur.com/2mG99DC

The thing is that I have been warned because of that. Mod's message says: "Your buy order was removed as your notes state you were buying N&B for less than your listed price. Your list price must be the price you are willing to pay for ANY effect, you may state a higher price for any but n&b in the notes. Please fix this in any other listings you have. Failure to do so will result in a ban."

My point is, if you go to the rules section, it says this: "Generic buy orders for unusuals must be at the price you will pay for any effect, even nuts and bolts".

Unusual buy orders are no longer generic, because the effect appears on it since the site was updated a few weeks/months ago. I'm ok if i have to remove the "except N&B, which is XX keys" part from the notes. What i don't understand is that i have to state a price for any effect when buy orders are no longer generic. Are these listings ( http://imgur.com/KuhqXP4) against the rules as well?

I would like a clarification on this matter before changing anything.

Thanks, and sorry if i posted this where i shouldn't have.

Edit: darn, second link is broken and i can't seem to fix it.  Now it's fixed.

Well, if you post an unusual buy order at 9 keys but you reject a buy order for 9 keys for a NNB one, you have a misleading classifieds and are cutting the queue of anyone paying 9 keys for any effect including NNB. If you are paying 8 keys for NNB, I don't understand why it's so hard to just list at 8 keys for any effect. 

Well, if you post an unusual buy order at 9 keys but you reject a buy order for 9 keys for a NNB one, you have a misleading classifieds and are cutting the queue of anyone paying 9 keys for any effect including NNB. If you are paying 8 keys for NNB, I don't understand why it's so hard to just list at 8 keys for any effect. 

I understand your point, and that's why i'm ok with removing the "except N&B...." text from the notes. The thing is that if i want to buy a, let's say, Scorching TC for 1000 keys, and i list that buy order on the Scorching TC "main" site (where you can see its price, buy/sell orders and suggestions), i would be forced to buy a N&B TC for that price according to the rules, even if that buy order isn't generic, because it no longer is after the site update.

Unusual buy orders are no longer generic, because the effect appears on it since the site was updated a few weeks/months ago. I'm ok if i have to remove the "except N&B, which is XX keys" part from the notes. What i don't understand is that i have to state a price for any effect when buy orders are no longer generic. Are these listings ( http://imgur.com/KuhqXP4) against the rules as well?

Flattered you chose me <3

I'd be surprised if they were against the rules, I can't really see anything wrong with them but if they are, I feel like they'd have been removed ages ago.

I'm assuming the problem in this case is that your buy order description is generic. My buy orders list specific prices for specific effects/hat and so it doesn't line cut (as people who don't have that effect can just ignore it)

Flattered you chose me <3

I'd be surprised if they were against the rules, I can't really see anything wrong with them but if they are, I feel like they'd have been removed ages ago.

I'm assuming the problem in this case is that your buy order description is generic. My buy orders list specific prices for specific effects/hat and so it doesn't line cut (as people who don't have that effect can just ignore it)

Oh sorry about that, just went to classies to find an example and somehow ended up choosing Modest buy orders :P

I don't see anything wrong with them either, but the way the rules are written you could be forced to pay the same price for a N&B Modest, which makes zero sense since it's obvious that you are buying specific effects. I already removed the notes from some listings (which i used to copy-paste) in case that it was the problem. I had them for months as well, but seems like someone reported them.

The same thing applies to clean/duped hats. Is it against the rules to list the clean price (higher) and then say that dupes are lower? It's not about you, almost everyone does that and i don't think it's fair to say it breaks the rules, but anyways the same line-cutting argument could be brought there.

I think that rules should be re-written or explained more carefully to specify this kind of cases.

• Administrators

I understand your point, and that's why i'm ok with removing the "except N&B...." text from the notes. The thing is that if i want to buy a, let's say, Scorching TC for 1000 keys, and i list that buy order on the Scorching TC "main" site (where you can see its price, buy/sell orders and suggestions), i would be forced to buy a N&B TC for that price according to the rules, even if that buy order isn't generic, because it no longer is after the site update.

If your buy order is for a specific effect via that page, you can list at the price for that single effect. If your buy order is a generic one for any effect, it must be the price you will pay for any. Your notes were generic, not for one specific effect.

You would not be forced to buy anything at 1000 if you list scorching at 1000. It would only be against the rules if you say "buying any but nuts and bolts at this price." Just buying the one you listed for at that price is fine. If you want to list for more than one, it has to be for any or you need to make individual buy orders for each effect.

If your buy order is for a specific effect via that page, you can list at the price for that single effect. If your buy order is a generic one for any effect, it must be the price you will pay for any.

That's what i thought, thanks for the answer.

Archived