Drink differences of the world

[Unactive Account]

Here is a list of Drinks which are prepared differently or named differently in different parts of the world

Lemonade:

England:

Cloudy Lemonade

Canada and USA:

Lemonade

Limonade: (fizzy lemonade)

England:

Lemonade/Limonade)

Canada and USA:

Sprite

France:

Limonade

Iced Tea:

Canada

Iced Tea (Sweetened)

USA:

Iced Tea (Unsweetened)

England

Hot tea with ice

France:

Iced Tea (Sweetened and Peach Flavour)

Why the heck are all these drinks different in different countries

Got any other differences?

• Administrators

lemonade in the US is not the same thing as cloudy lemonade in the UK. it's super bitter. cloudy lemonade is sweet still, just not as artificial/sugary tasting as pop lemonade.

Not all iced tea in America is unsweetened, in the South (Georgia, South Carolina, etc), they drink their iced teas extremely sweet.

Not all iced tea in America is unsweetened, in the South (Georgia, South Carolina, etc), they drink their iced teas extremely sweet.

I drink my ice tea sweet too, I live in new England

isn't sprite all over the world, with it still being the same sprite (for the most part)?

We call 'soda pop' soft drink in Australia. 

-Shrugs-

I think what you guys call floats we refer to as spiders too. 

Posted · Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, May 15, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, May 15, 2016 - No reason given

Wow this is really scratching an itch I didn't even know I had. Who knew you could find such useful information on this internet?

Thanks for the tip and enjoy your travels, friend.

I drink my ice tea sweet too, I live in new England

isn't sprite all over the world, with it still being the same sprite (for the most part)?

I would think so since it's a Coke product but I have no idea. I can for sure say that Lemonade is not the same as Sprite though lol

I would think so since it's a Coke product but I have no idea. I can for sure say that Lemonade is not the same as Sprite though lol

I mean limonade is the same as sprite. not lemonade. 

I can say Fanta is the same in china as it is in the U.S. (except different bottle shapes), so probably, and agreed on the 2nd half

For any Americans in this thread interested in variation in dialect, try out this quiz from the New York Times.

It was able to pinpoint my location within one state from my slang alone, and I'd like to see how it turns out for you guys.

Isn't there a difference between limonade and sprite? Our limonade is not sweet, or only a very little bit. Sprite is extremely sweet. And sprite is way fizzier (is that a word? More bubbles is what I mean) than limonade. And with sprite we also refer to all the wannabes that are also over sweet, fizzy and have a hint of lemon in it.

And for differences, Americans call their cola coke for some reason that makes no sense. Coke is for adult parties, cola is for kids

And for differences, Americans call their cola coke for some reason that makes no sense. Coke is for adult parties, cola is for kids

That's because one of the major brands is Coca-Cola, which is typically shortened to Coke (Coca-Cola Light is even branded as Diet Coke in America). As Coca-Cola is based in Atlanta, most of the surrounding area uses Coke as a catch-all for carbonated beverages. When you get out of the south though, it becomes either Soda or Pop (with a tiny region calling it Tonic).

Didnt coca cola originally contain cocaine? (a loooooong time ago obviously) or was that a myth?

Also I am British and Iced Tea is still Iced Tea. We dont call it Tea with Ice. Its a different kind of tea :D

Isn't there a difference between limonade and sprite? Our limonade is not sweet, or only a very little bit. Sprite is extremely sweet. And sprite is way fizzier (is that a word? More bubbles is what I mean) than limonade. And with sprite we also refer to all the wannabes that are also over sweet, fizzy and have a hint of lemon in it.

Eh, we only call coca-cola, coke. Other colas (sodas) are called different things :P

Eh, we only call coca-cola, coke. Other colas (sodas) are called different things :P

oh it's brand specific, I never knew that

oh it's brand specific, I never knew that

It's only brand specific in certain regions though. As I mentioned before, you get down south to Georgia and Alabama, and Coke becomes the term for any soft drink.

2012-11-09-Screenshot20121109at3.05.00PM

Archived