How do you deal with occasional sadness/depression?

Dyshhhhryya

So lately, I haven't been feeling good, mentally ya know? and I was wondering how do other people deal with depression/sadness, or fix it? if possible.

I usually listen to music or eat, nothing to take your mind off sadness like a good song! c:

redefine your definition of a miracle

or find an anchor, someone who makes you happy. Could be anyone.

find a hobby or a goal

when you're busy you don't think about negative things

the problem comes when you're bored you start indulging into a non-stop circle of negative feelings

suck it up like a man and keep on keepin on. shit always gets better in the future, just a matter of time.

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 9, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, May 9, 2016 - No reason given

Clorox_bleach.jpg

If you think you have clinical depression you may want to see a therapist m8

Stand up comedy usually helps for me. A good amount of Vitamin D would help some, too. If it's sunny outside, take a walk. Having someone to hang out with IRL is a really good help, too. Another one of the best ways to fight depression is to help others. Ask someone if you can now their lawn or shovel snow or something. And lastly, I recommend setting some short-term goals - stuff that's not necessarily easy, but is doable if you push yourself a little. Accomplishing your goals can boost your confidence.

Throwing myself into my hobbies tends to work well.

One fun idea I've seen recently is taking that little internal monologue of depression and imagining it's Donald Trump saying it to you. You'll find yourself angry enough to fight it.

remember that living on this earth is a privilege and we should enjoy and appreciate every second of it. <3

suck it up like a man and keep on keepin on. shit always gets better in the future, just a matter of time.

This is probably one of the worst bits of advice to give someone. 

Working out works best for me. Been doing it since I was 13 and it has helped me through hard times like break ups, loss of friend, failure in hobbies, family member getting into accidents, etc.

At the end you have to find out what's your root of sadness / depression.

If being fat makes you sad then workout, diet, etc.

If being bad in school homework makes you sad then start implementing studying schedules, etc.

If being poor makes you sad then get a job, save up, think about career goals and internships, etc.

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 9, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, May 9, 2016 - No reason given

Clorox_bleach.jpg

If you think you have clinical depression you may want to see a therapist m8

The Rapist :^)

I literally just get a stone cold face and call myself an over-dramatic pussy,  and I get over it real quick.

haven't had depression, but when I feel down/stressed out, I go read a book for a while, chill with some close buddies, or get a good round of tf2 in where I burn a lot of people.  or go burn something irl

I watch murder documentaries and make fun of the victims

holy wtf lol

i find binging into something helps a lot.

depends what you love doing/find interesting. learn a new skill or language maybe, doing something new definitely helps me personally.

sport, tv, movies, games, books, or maybe drawing, painting, digital art, sfm etc. if ur the creative type.

I just google pictures of people living in poverty/harsh environment to make me appreciate my own life.

I personally think that being around positive people helps. I haven't had severe depression yet, but when I get down I find some good friends make me feel good

Archived