The Worst Teacher You've ever had

[Unactive Account]

We all had one. The one teacher who sucked at teaching, was boring and/or horrible to be with. It can be substitute teachers too. 

My worse teacher was a russian substitute named Ms. J (Just using the first letter to keep identities anonamous) for our history class. She would force us to spell out each word from our textbook and if we forgot to do a capital or period she would make us re spell it.

What's your worst teacher?

In the sixth grade, I had a math teacher who picked up a desk while a kid was still sitting in it, opened up the door, and threw both of them outside.  He also had a Jesus action figure on his desk.

• Like 2

I had this teacher in 6th grade who had it in for me. She always partnered me with the kid I hated and I just got so sick of it I stood her up and she stopped after that.

I just don't question their logic anymore cus I'm this close to snapping.

My 9th year physical education teacher. It was 40 degrees F or so, December to February. I had PE first period (9:00 to 11:00). The pools had heaters. The classes were also not co-ed, so males in one class, females in the other so no chance to see any breasts or booties :P. Anyways, average day in the winter in my home town is around 40 degrees fahrenheit. That's during the day. Most of the time in the mornings, it's below 30, which isn't too bad. Just bundle up a little. They Never turned the heaters on for the male classes though. And males always had the classes in the winter. Girls got it in the late spring when it would be around 70 by the time they actually go into the water AND the water would be heated.

one day it's 17 degrees, high for the week was supposed to be 25. Mind you fahrenheit not Celsius (if C, it's be around -5 .)  no one wanted to go in because we knew the water would be cold as fuck. The teacher is from like Florida I think it was, so he's bundled up like he's in the fucking Arctic. "GET IN THE DAMN POOL! IT'S NOT EVEN FUCKING COLD".  So we got in. It was so cold youcould feel your balls retreat into your body . I know two kids got sick from it for sure. Dude didn't get fired though. Could have gotten us Hypothermia or something.

Oh, we have this thing called the Comando run, dunno what other schools call it but probably have the same thing. On the field there's bleachers, monkey bars and a 10/12 foot wall. The comando run is 1 regular lap, on the second lap you jump the wall and run up all the stairs on the bleachers, roughly 8 sets I want to say, there's 16 rows of seats so however many stairs that ends up being. Third lap you do just the monkey bars, which aren't bad if you can hop since they are 9feet off the ground with no steps. YOu can't go on until you do each one.All other classes only did the run for five laps, which thanks to the people who walk usually took around 30 minutes. No biggie. When his classes would do it, it'd be for the whole period.All 80~ minutes of doing that. Got 10 minutes on each end to change in/out of PE clothes, then 20 minutes for attendance + stretches incase you guys are wondering how a 2 hour class only has 80 minutes of activity.

Overview because I'm lazy to rewrite

• Shitty tacher = pe teacher, 9th(age 14~) year of school
  • swimming in pe, temp around -5 C/17 F
  • Told it's not cold while teacher is bundled up
  • no titties in class besides the fat kids.
  • two kids (at least) got sick from being in the water
  • still hate that dude
  • Like 2

My worst teacher would have to be the professor I had last semester for Python programming. Dude assigned almost no work, taught us close to nothing, and answered questions sarcastically. Knew his craft but was god awful at teaching it. 

Another horrible teacher I had was my fifth grade teacher. She was over 300 pounds of raw bitch. Treated teaching us like we were prisoners and she was the warden. Showed absolutely zero compassion and kept in-class fun at an all time low. I can remember vividly that on field day, a sort of athletics day where the classes would compete against each other, she'd not let any of the students in our class play with the students of the other classes. Also, if you hadn't finished all of your work for the entire year you weren't allowed to play. I had neglected a small amount of social studies work and was forced to sit there and complete it. I was in tears by the end of the day and the entire year was miserable. Thank god my teacher for 6th grade was absolutely godlike. And while I'm venting, I'd like to give a big Fuck You to Ms. D. Thanks for ruining part of my childhood you fat bitch.

science teacher a few years ago

for 2 weeks straight, nothing but bill nye videos (was good at the time, and he was a fun teacher to have, but was horrible at actually teaching, I had to get a tutor for that subject)

I guess it might be my year 8 humanities teacher. She'd get real bitchy when someone corrected her, and no one actually learned anything.

Ninth grade math probably.

First thing was that we didn't learn anything, instead we did a form of testing all year which didn't help me as I have never been good at math.

Before anything was due to hand in he would take up every single answer which inflated everyone's mark since they just copied his solutions.

I'll admit that I did this for some assignments but on one that I didn't I ended up with a 70 or so when everyone else was high 90s.

I was brought up to the front of the class and showed all the marks that were currently put into the system. "Look at this mark, look at this mark, look at this mark" and etc.

Then he got to mine and for everyone to see put that 70 in just so everyone knew I was the stupidest one in the room, like it needed to be made clear for everyone else that I was the idiot.

I then had to stay up for one more mark to get entered, which was another high 90.

It was embarrassing and I don't think I've had a single class since that time some four years ago where I haven't spent the entire thing thinking of how I'm the class idiot who brings all the averages down. 

In 9th grade, I had this Science teacher named Mr. Kumar. He was absent about 70% of the time, and instead of preparing lessons for the sub, he simply left Word Searches for us to complete during the day. When he was actually at school, he would pick on me for no real reason at all. For example: I would be quietly talking to my friend sitting next to me, about the work that we are supposed to do together, my teacher would tell me to quiet down, while half the class would be yelling.  He failed me on several things for no real reason, wrote false reports on my report card (That I am loud and disruptive, even though I'm the complete opposite), and told me that I should just quit because I'll fail in life.

10/10 would have Mr. Kumar again.

I got rated C on on my Cambridge exams.

My teacher tried to give me 4 (1=best, 5=worst) in English because he doesn't like me, no reason given.

Welp

Oh and my German Teacher didn't teach me shit in 7 years…

6th grade Muslim Sub(not that Muslim had to do with anything). She must have hated me for some reason, cause she kept screaming at me, accusing me of cheating and giving me the good old stinky eye liked I killed her dog or something.

All my teachers have been good, but if I had to choose the one that I feel didn't do their best, it would be my 2nd grade science and math teacher (She teaches both). Every time I asked a question, she would go "Oh, you should have listened."

That was her response to every question asked by every student.

Understand that I was in second grade, I might not have understood the terminology or wanted clarification on the process of something, and I'm sure others in my class had those kinds of questions as well.

6th grade English i had a teacher who had beef and hated me. she just give me a referral and kick me out in most times. she was good at teaching but has anger issues  

The one that dated his 15 year old student maybe? Though he was pretty cool but that's a big nono. Or maybe the one that continuously threw scissorss at us. she was mental

I'd hazard a guess it was probably my 8th grade french teacher, he kept threatening students and mumbling about how tigers don't smoke marijuana.

For me it seems as if every even-numbered grade I've had terrible teachers, starting all the way back in year 2 with a whole-year substitute that loved insulting me (even when my mum was in the room)

Year 6 was the worst I'd say, because my teacher then seemed to look forward to poking fun at my height every morning, and said it was justified because she was short too and didn't mind people joking about her height, so therefore I must be fine with it too, apparently. While I'm only edging on 5'2 right now in year 12, it's not like I was ever a midget. Needless to say, I wanted to complain. The issue though was that she was also the deputy principal, so she was the person I had to complain to. 

This year I have an IT teacher who is a pretty cool guy but can't teach for shit. If you send him a draft, you won't get the feedback until after the final was due, and I've had to have my marks bumped up on the spot multiple times because of errors he's made (I got marked down for not including a Twitter feed in a website design, even though very near to that comment on the report I said there was to be a Twitter feed). And again, can't complain because he is head of IT at my school

My 4th grade Teacher, being a nun, I was not expecting to yell, and not just yell, but yell so close in your face, that it was like she was going to eat your face off.

She sat me and my friend right at the front all year, while everyone else got to move around once in a while.

Worst I got:

Was mouthing words in slo-motion to my amigo, and she isolated me because she thought I was exhaling in his face. *shiver*

Worst other kids got:

One had their desk slid across the room, no matter what he did, every single day.

Threw minor school supplies like chalk at them

My chemistry teacher this year is literally trying to fail me.

I'm gonna have to go to summer school if my grade doesn't get above a 63 and so far I have a 54 in that class

The one that believes in aliens and she is now staying in a mental institution.

We were obliged to use a fountain pen with ink and whenever a paper wasn't glued entirely and/or straight in our books, she ripped it out.

i've experienced only good teachers, i guess im lucky

What happys says,

I'm not that one kid in class who always fucks up and gets detention alot, and let me tell you, it's so fucking hard to get detention, seriously, you really need to fuck up for detention..

What happys says,

I'm not that one kid in class who always fucks up and gets detention alot, and let me tell you, it's so fucking hard to get detention, seriously, you really need to fuck up for detention..

I got detention for skipping classes/playing on phone or talking in class. Getting detention for skipping is so easy, especially if class starts at 8.30. And who cared about classes like Dutch or math? All I ever did was talk with my friends or fuck around. Teachers don't like that

• Like 1

I once had a teacher who frequently had issues with her boyfriend, she mostly lets out her anger when discussing at our class.

I have a few of those. When I was in 6th grade we took algebra and geometry as different classes. Our geometry teacher was a 80 years old man who never worked with students who had difficulties, even the polite ones. He was also a shitty teacher in terms of actually teaching the subject, so even when I did focus I wouldn't understand anything. He gave his students no incentive to study, and you can't really expect kids to be responsible, so only those with strict parents actually did their homework.

My father was always at work and divorced my mom, so there was nobody to help me out with that.

I ended up hating geometry, even though I was academically smarter than most kids I ended up failing it many times because I had no idea what to write down during exams.

The very same teacher only actually explained stuff to girls, as if there wasn't enough sexist favoritism in our school already (girls were basically little princesses and boys were as good as dogs, you wouldn't expect this from a 3rd world country but that's how it was). I ended up rebelling against that teacher in many ways. I once brought a large bottle of chocolate milk and a large cup which I poured and drank very loudly in his back, with all the slurping and shit-- he was really old and had poor hearing, so he wouldn't know.

He was also hated by other students who'd throw ink at him and call him names in his back.

Nowadays I can solve most geometry stuff just fine except the last part of a geometry exercise, I don't have any desire or interest in geometry because of that teacher and I still resent him to this day, even after he passed away. Why they kept him in his post is beyond me, I heard he kept teaching at my old school until his death.

Our Algebra teacher was a similar gem; think of Dark Souls, if the Geometry teacher was Smough he'd be Ornstein. He was a fierce asshole who also treated girls like princesses and boys like beggars. Instead of actually helping out students who had difficulties, not only would he ignore them, he'd flat out mock them openly and penalize them for their weaknesses. I once told him I didn't like any subject at school when he asked all class what their favorite subject was-- normally you'd think a calm, polite kid who says that obviously has issues. He made me stand behind the classroom's door for the whole hour and mocked me for ten minutes as if it were nothing. Whenever one of the boys said something wrong he'd imitate them in a very rude fashion, most of our classes were in French so when per instance one of the boys said "quarante huit" (french for forty eight) he'd say "KARAWIT" while cringing.

He was also very lazy and punished us for it; he'd give you tons of homework, but see, we were a bit smarter than that. We found out that he only checked the first page of the homework, so we wrote a page only, sometimes two if we felt endangered. He once found it out by looking at a classmate's copybook and he fired him for the rest of the year, thankfully I had done all my homework that time because I wanted to improve.

I wouldn't really say I've had shitty teachers as of late; the worst I can think of is my Physics teacher, who sometimes wasted half an hour joking around with students and putting hard-ass exercises in his exams... or so I thought. When I actually improved in Physics I realized these exercises weren't actually hard, but he never really trained his students' minds to improve, never really gave them any incentive, and their attention were drifted on his jokes. I don't understand him; he's very funny in the classroom, yet has very little of a social life and refuses to take pictures, go out to events like prom, etc etc. Is he purposefully wasting the class' time because he actually hates people? Is he masking crippling depression with his plethora of jokes? I don't think I'll ever know as I'm done with school, only have to study some more for finals and that's it.