I have a youtube channel with unusual reviews and I need your help!

Fatman

I get you like making videos, and that's fine, but you might wanna reconsider what videos you wanna make. There's already a series called the spoils of war that depicts really high-tier tf2 unusuals being played around with. I don't think you're going to be meeting the success you want, and if you do, who do you want as fans? Toddlers who can't afford three refined metal and drool over low-tiers?

I get you like making videos, and that's fine, but you might wanna reconsider what videos you wanna make. There's already a series called the spoils of war that depicts really high-tier tf2 unusuals being played around with. I don't think you're going to be meeting the success you want, and if you do, who do you want as fans? Toddlers who can't afford three refined metal and drool over low-tiers?

To be honest I meant to start with lowtiers,I currently have some lowtiers thats why I keep posting these. You are exactly right,but I woudnt wanna do such high tier as It would be like copying Glassygaming. Lowtier unusuals however,are searched by traders like they type Dread knot into google and then they can see my video for example. But truly thanks for honest opinion rather than the guy above

Ugly thumbnails

Intro is spastic, find a nice adobe after effect intro, could probably get one for $10 or something

Was your friend calling u a fat fuk on steam chat intended? I guess it would be funny for tf2 community since it's mostly kids

Your voice is nice, huge potential but there's this weird noise in the background though

I dunno I guess it doesn't matter now but might want to look into it in the near future when you get big.

I think this could be turned into something very cool actually.  I get that you're reviewing low tiers for the simple reason that you either can't afford or want to spend $1,000 on a hat.  The problem though is that it's sort of all over the map right now, e.g. you reviewed two bubbling hats in a row.  Everyone knows what bubbling looks like and everyone knows what a Capper looks like.  So the review is not really that valuable in my opinion.  However, what this could be turned into is a channel where you review the best hats for the price.   What I mean is try to find hats for each class where the hat looks decent enough, has a good effect and a good price.  So for example, for around 20 keys you can get a clean GE Stuntman for demo.  That imo is an incredible bargain.  You get a paintable hat (which looks pretty decent actually and fits the demo perfectly) with a high tier 1st gen effect for a popular class - that's an incredible value proposition.  You can find hats like that for every class.  If this is what the reviews were about - finding the best value for money hats in each class - I think it could be very successful. 

For the thumbnails, make much bigger pictures, bigger text if its here, better color for the text, not red x darkblue, doesnt fit well, yellow blue maybe

for the microphone, remove noise

for the resolution of the video, force it to have it same resolution as youtube wants, 1280x720 for 720p

othervise, subsribed

Nice channel! I agree with Gren, review cheap hats with great value for money. Seems like a better angle.

Ugly thumbnailsIntro is spastic, find a nice adobe after effect intro, could probably get one for $10 or somethingWas your friend calling u a fat fuk on steam chat intended? I guess it would be funny for tf2 community since it's mostly kidsYour voice is nice, huge potential but there's this weird noise in the background thoughI dunno I guess it doesn't matter now but might want to look into it in the near future when you get big.

Hey thanks for the response. Id love to learn how to make better thumbnails,Im gonna fix that soon tho.I have decided to remove my intro as all it does it takes time.

And I woudnt call that guy a friend,but no it wasn't intentional,I just didn't wanna mess up the video just so his message is removed. Its ussaly how he tries to talk to me.

I think this could be turned into something very cool actually.  I get that you're reviewing low tiers for the simple reason that you either can't afford or want to spend $1,000 on a hat.  The problem though is that it's sort of all over the map right now, e.g. you reviewed two bubbling hats in a row.  Everyone knows what bubbling looks like and everyone knows what a Capper looks like.  So the review is not really that valuable in my opinion.  However, what this could be turned into is a channel where you review the best hats for the price.   What I mean is try to find hats for each class where the hat looks decent enough, has a good effect and a good price.  So for example, for around 20 keys you can get a clean GE Stuntman for demo.  That imo is an incredible bargain.  You get a paintable hat (which looks pretty decent actually and fits the demo perfectly) with a high tier 1st gen effect for a popular class - that's an incredible value proposition.  You can find hats like that for every class.  If this is what the reviews were about - finding the best value for money hats in each class - I think it could be very successful. 

To be honest I review the hats people borrow me, or eithter the hats I get. In season 2 I have a order from worst to best hat at the moment. I would most likely do that if its worth or not worth buying,that would be awesome. 

For the thumbnails, make much bigger pictures, bigger text if its here, better color for the text, not red x darkblue, doesnt fit well, yellow blue maybe

for the microphone, remove noise

for the resolution of the video, force it to have it same resolution as youtube wants, 1280x720 for 720p

othervise, subsribed

Thanks for subbing :), my question is tho,when I play with tf2 in 1280x720 it's very weird. Like its all zoomed in. Example: 

I record on camtasia,but I think the mic got a bit better,it has its days. Ill try to change the thumbnails as soon as I master them

Thanks for subbing :), my question is tho,when I play with tf2 in 1280x720 it's very weird. Like its all zoomed in. Example: 

I record on camtasia,but I think the mic got a bit better,it has its days. Ill try to change the thumbnails as soon as I master them

you just cut some of your screen and uh..

http://format-factory.en.softonic.com/

To be honest I review the hats people borrow me, or eithter the hats I get. In season 2 I have a order from worst to best hat at the moment. I would most likely do that if its worth or not worth buying,that would be awesome. 

yea I really think that your channel would benefit so much from the "best value for money hat" angle.  There are plenty of hat review videos out there, but there isn't such a thing as best hat for money.  

yea I really think that your channel would benefit so much from the "best value for money hat" angle.  There are plenty of hat review videos out there, but there isn't such a thing as best hat for money.

I didnt see any tf2 hat reviews tho,the one reason that I didnt do this in the first place is beacause a) I woudn't want to ran out of unusuals B) I didnt see any unusual reviews other than glassy gaming out there

I didnt see any tf2 hat reviews tho,the one reason that I didnt do this in the first place is beacause a) I woudn't want to ran out of unusuals B) I didnt see any unusual reviews other than glassy gaming out there

All of Strife's videos where he looks at recent unboxings are essentially reviews (I should know, one of my unboxes was featured in one).  There are others too.  Anyway, do whatever works best for you, but I'm guaranteeing that you will get a lot more views with the angle I'm proposing :) 

All of Strife's videos where he looks at recent unboxings are essentially reviews (I should know, one of my unboxes was featured in one).  There are others too.  Anyway, do whatever works best for you, but I'm guaranteeing that you will get a lot more views with the angle I'm proposing :)

The thing with Strife is that he quit so there is only about 1 real unusual review now. of course ill do it tho. :D thanks 

Welp,atm I dotn have any really nice unusuals except heavy,ill ask my friend for a safe n sound one 

Also which unusual was in your video? I also think Strife is more of a streamer now. Edit: Do you think I should do also some more editing?

Archived