Halloween spells?

Edudl2

Quick, probably silly question, but I've been away from TF2 trading for like, 2 years, and I see that some spells I'd hoarded in an alt (viewed here) may now be actually worth something, except apparently I can't trade them. Does anyone with more experience in trading niche stuff like this know if there's anything I can do with them or do I just have to wait for Halloween to roll around again and hope real bad? Thanks in advance.

hope real bad, there's nothing you can do right now.  you missed the enormous profit wagon a long while ago

(they weren't even dropping last year though so...)

Yeah, that's what I was worried about having missed last year's halloween due to school shit going on. Least we're already more than halfway to next year's Halloween though.

Bummer, only thing you could do IN THEORY, would be to take all the miscs/hats/weapons you want to spell at once, trade them to that account, load tf2, apply all the spells (and hope that you are able to do so), otherwise if you want to play it safe gotta wait another 5 months :P

EDIT: oh derp that account is f2p

Bummer, only thing you could do IN THEORY, would be to take all the miscs/hats/weapons you want to spell at once, trade them to that account, load tf2, apply all the spells (and hope that you are able to do so), otherwise if you want to play it safe gotta wait another 5 months :P

Yup this pretty much, trade cosmetics to the account as well as a premium gift thing, and you load up tf2 and do it all at once.

Though, try to do it to extremely expensive hats/weapons, or else max you'll get extra is 1 key per spell.

Bummer, only thing you could do IN THEORY, would be to take all the miscs/hats/weapons you want to spell at once, trade them to that account [...]

I think you missed the main point of the thread, that spells are untradable, it doesn't matter if an account is F2P or Premium.

EDIT:

trade cosmetics to the account as well as a premium gift thing, and you load up tf2 and do it all at once.
I guess my post was too late, but again, doesn't matter if an account is F2P or Premium, spells are completely untradable right now.

I think you missed the main point of the thread, that spells are untradable, it doesn't matter if an account is F2P or Premium.

EDIT:

I guess my post was too late, but again, doesn't matter if an account is F2P or Premium, spells are completely untradable right now.

Um you missed the whole point of the other comment and mine, we are telling him to apply them to cosmetics. Trade cosmetics to the account with spells.

Um you missed the whole point of the other comment and mine, we are telling him to apply them to cosmetics. Trade cosmetics to the account with spells.

Except they can't apply them so trading them to the account with spells is pointless too.

The account is actually not F2P, I bought some keys on it a while ago specifically for that purpose. I just never log into the game with the account, I use steam trading because some of the items I store there get deleted if I open TF2 with them in my inventory. Honestly I feel like my best bet is just waiting til the next Halloween update, at the risk of them being obtainable again and ruining their value. I just don't see myself being able to find a buyer if I apply them to a cosmetic cause then I'd need to be looking for someone both interested in the cosmetic AND in an effect they won't be able to see for 6 months.

The problem is, you cannot trade them and you cannot apply them to any cosmetics because you have to be ingame to do that and the spells disappear as soon as you start the game.

For now just imagine they dont exist. Around halloween time stalk the update pages and hope that gaben has smiled upon you :)

except all the spells have an expiration date

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm not familiar to Halloween spells. I saw TS Footprints looks cool especially when you're in red team. But Spells doesn't appear 11 months of a year (roughly) unless halloween mode is active or you are playing on halloween servers. Am I right? Should I pay more for Bill's Hat w/TS paint & w/TS Footprints spell ? What is buying price for that hat?

http://www.trade.tf/price/8914/6/None

Which price is correct?

unlucky, the footprints were selling up to around 70~ keys each

On a item or a hat/shirt with it?

Hey, I'm not familiar to Halloween spells. I saw TS Footprints looks cool especially when you're in red team. But Spells doesn't appear 11 months of a year (roughly) unless halloween mode is active or you are playing on halloween servers. Am I right? Should I pay more for Bill's Hat w/TS paint & w/TS Footprints spell ? What is buying price for that hat?

http://www.trade.tf/price/8914/6/None

Which price is correct?

Used to collect those and got offer of 3 keys as quicksell price, so I'd say not more than 5 keys.

Archived