Hobbies

Pilobacon

Most of us have hobbies we like to partake in during our downtime, I personally enjoy drawing and baking.

Share and discuss your hobbies below.

I used to ice skate but I haven't gotten new skates in about 2 years so I've kinda moved away from that.

I am learning French, that's pretty neat.

I do archery.

I like to muck around with my butterfly knives and read books.  I used to do a lot of shotgun/rifle shooting but not so much anymore

Some friends have recently got me into disk golf, haven't had much time during uni to do it though. Plan on doing some over the summer. 

I do some observing for my university when the weather isn't complete garbage. 

Playing video games, watching videos on youtube and working out.(maybe sleeping as well as i sleep for like 12 hours a day e-e)

Teaching myself various Visual Effects based disciplines like modeling, animation, and special effects. Also pulling my hair out over the Source SDK tools.

And of course Market Gardening

Creating shitty youtube videos, being in Boy Scouts (I made Eagle Scout a few months ago), working in an anime fansubbing group, and playing clarinet.

Who needs sports anyways.

I listen to music at every opportunity. It's more than just a hobby for me at this point. :) 

I've been working and focusing on studies far too much lately to actively take part in my other hobbies (Scale RC Trail Crawling, Photography, Gaming, and collecting various things from Figures to Games to Skins to CDs/Vinyls.) 

Besides video games and school (which is most of what I do), I've been learning accordion and play keyboard. Sometimes hang out with friends after school and play smash or do something else. Oh yeah and I guess I watch a bunch of anime and cartoons.

I listen to music at every opportunity. It's more than just a hobby for me at this point. :)

I've been working and focusing on studies far too much lately to actively take part in my other hobbies (Scale RC Trail Crawling, Photography, Gaming, and collecting various things from Figures to Games to Skins to CDs/Vinyls.) 

Anything axial?

Besides dicking around on the internet, my core hobbies would be reading and gaming..

For gaming, it's not just video games, as me and several friends try to get together to play various board and card games. As both the main host and the one with the most spending money, I tend to be the one who accumulates all the different games and their expansions. I've got 6 different versions of Risk at this point (Classic, Star Wars Clone Wars, Star Wars (Endor), Mass Effect, Starcraft, Battlefield. Right now, our core games are Catan, Forbidden Island, Smash Up, and Munchkin, with Machi Koro and Flash Point on the rise. I'm also trying to reintegrate Star Wars Miniatures back into the mix.

For those looking for a game, Smash Up (and it's expansions) would be my top suggestion, as it plays like the collectible card games like Magic and Yugioh, but for a fraction of the cost ($20-25 for base game, $15-20 per expansion). Basically, you take two 20-card faction decks (currently 42 with 4 more this fall), like Zombies, Robots, Aliens, etc. and "smash" them together to make a bigger deck, so a 4-player game could be something like Vampire Wizards vs. Zombie Dinosaurs vs. Time Travelling Ninjas vs. Sharknados. The objective is to get enough power on various bases so it breaks and scores. First player to 15 wins.

If you have sore losers however, than Forbidden Island is the way to go. It's a cooperative game so everyone wins or loses together. Players are on a sinking island and have to work together to retrieve 4 artifacts, get to the helipad, and escape, but poor planning, wasting time, or really bad luck can end the game. The big thing with these games is everyone working together to complete the goal. It's generally found that if one person takes charge and orders everyone around, players lose more often than not. The alternative viewpoints and ideas are critical.

On the video game side, I'm no slouch either. Though besides trying to play everything, I like to collect games. Currently, my core focus is the Xbox 360, trying to get every NTSC retail release. Currently my collection is at 509 physical retail titles. My other core focus is on the toys to life stuff. While Disney Infinity is a bit weak currently, I've on my final 10 for a complete Smash amiibo roster, have 2 characters left for Lego Dimensions, and about a dozen Skylanders left overall. I've also started getting into collecting N64 games (for nostalgia's sake) and horrible shovelware Wii games (for fuck's sake).

Beyond that, I do like to build the occasional Lego set for my shelves, with preference to Star Wars, Ninjago, and Chima, as well as the off-brands that do actual military vehicles like Kazi, Cobi, or Sluban. I've also been slowly working on a massive 3,000 piece puzzle of a 15th century world map, so that'll look nice once when/if I complete it.

Listening to music and astrophotography are probably my primary hobbies (speaking of astrophotography I need to get around to uploading the shots I took in outback Australia a few weeks ago). I also love to collect 20th century technology (old Nintendo stuff, typewriters, etc)

More recently I've been trying to get into model building, my 1/144 Saturn V rocket should be arriving in a week or two

Basketball, suggesting, soccer, playing videogames

Hobbies I want to do though are:
Archery, swimming (if i had my own pool), coding

Yeah.... idk i love music too

Archived