Opinions on the changes to some public bathrooms

Explosion-chan

i'm naturally sarcastic, sorry for OFFENDING you ;)

it's not socially acceptable to be a sex offender, why do you think societal values are stopping someone going into a room with a label on it if they aren't stopping them from sexually assaulting people? also you're making loads of assumptions about how sexual assault only happens in a heterosexual way. statistically (sorry if that word triggers you lol) speaking, you've almost certainly stood next to a gay man at a urinal, or at the very least shared a bathroom with them. but you aren't going to suggest gay men and lesbian women need to use the alternative bathrooms, right? 

would it be much easier to make this guy: https://twitter.com/_michaelhughes1/status/575659231841378304/photo/1

use a women's bathroom because of what his birth certificate used to say? (i'm also sure you could have spotted him as trans a mile away with your 100% confirmed-in-all-cases transpotting accuracy)

Nah, you're good fam. 

Like I said before, normally when people go to the bathroom theyd probably ask why someone of the opposite gender is in the bathroom with them. Whether or not this makes it's way up to management and becomes an issue is beyond me. But when you try to make unisex public bathrooms a norm when they never were before, no one is going to ask those questions from before. And if they do Im sure some liberals would come out and accuse them of being "transphobic bigots" or whatever terms they like to use these days. But when someone gets felt up the liberals probably wont have anything to say about it. 

Yea, it took me a second to realize that the dude was a chick. But thats why I said most of the time in my actual post. Not 100% of the time. Sometimes the gaydar doesnt go off right away. 

I'm all for people being against bathroom changes. They can dislike it all they want. But for the love of Christ, don't try and use the excuse that "We need to protect little girls from predators" to justify you being uncomfortable with the problem. Most of the children preyed upon in restrooms are young BOYS, and male pedophiles have had access to them since bathrooms became a thing. 

Pushing this agenda by using little girls as the driving motivator only shows how little someone understands the issue, and only screams "I'M UNCOMFORTABLE AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROJECT IT. SCAPEGOAT THE LITTLE CHILDREN."

Most of the children preyed upon in restrooms are young BOYS

Sources? I don't doubt it too much tbh, it seems like something that would be accurate.

Sources? I don't doubt it too much tbh, it seems like something that would be accurate.

Jared Fogel.

But for real, these statistics show more underage girls are sexually assaulted than boys.

The sarcasm and and arrogance you put into each common makes you a crazy liberal.

you say liberal as if it was a bad thing.

you say liberal as if it was a bad thing.

"Crazy Liberal". There's more than one type, silly. Kinda like genders to some people. never tried to make that joke, we dont mention it 

"Crazy Liberal". There's more than one type, silly. Kinda like genders to some people.

than just say crazy person instead of saying crazy liberal because liberal doesn't mean anything except for being a political party in Canada

"Crazy Liberal". There's more than one type, silly. Kinda like genders to some people.

haha yeah those idiots thinking there's more than one gender

• Like 3

Allowing men and women into the same bathroom takes away the moral and social standard that normally prevents them from doing so at first.

Why does everything need to be backed with stats? They can be backed with observations just as often.

Except, as indicated, it's not unheard of for men to use the women's bathroom. This means, that by today's standards, a rapist doesn't need unisex bathrooms - he can always use the excuse that he was mistaken, or that the male bathroom was occupied.

And, since there would be less bathrooms (one unisex one instead of two seperate ones), there would be more trafic - and thus make it a LESS of a prowling ground for rapists.

That's why the starts are important because observation is biased, amd might not see all the factors.

If you only use observation, and only see the bad stuff - you'll come to the wrong conclusion.

> Most of the children preyed upon in restrooms are young BOYS

But for real, these statistics show more underage girls are sexually assaulted than boys.

While I also don't know the source he's refering to, your souce, rainn.org, also points out that 80% of rapes happens by someone they know (77% are friend or closer). That's so staggering that non of the statistics you posted would give an actual view on the typical "rapist going into public bathroom".

So... actually, instead of the trans stranger using your bathroom - as hypothetical parent, you should be more then TWICE as afraid of the people you know.

Except, as indicated, it's not unheard of for men to use the women's bathroom. This means, that by today's standards, a rapist doesn't need unisex bathrooms - he can always use the excuse that he was mistaken, or that the male bathroom was occupied.

And, since there would be less bathrooms (one unisex one instead of two seperate ones), there would be more trafic - and thus make it a LESS of a prowling ground for rapists.

That's why the starts are important because observation is biased, amd might not see all the factors.

If you only use observation, and only see the bad stuff - you'll come to the wrong conclusion.

While I also don't know the source he's refering to, your souce, rainn.org, also points out that 80% of rapes happens by someone they know (77% are friend or closer). That's so staggering that non of the statistics you posted would give an actual view on the typical "rapist going into public bathroom".

So... actually, instead of the trans stranger using your bathroom - as hypothetical parent, you should be more then TWICE as afraid of the people you know.

Agree with this tbh. More traffic to one area could definitely discourage the pervs from doing whatever they do. But at the same time a lot of buildings would need to be restructured to join the 2 bathrooms or whatever that solution may be. So it's easier said than done as a realistic solution.  

I never said I was afraid of the trans people using the restroom, I would just be wary of the frauds who would take advantage of the situation. I did say that it's hard to trust people in general these days, though. 

• 2 weeks later...

>replace conventional bathrooms with individual bathroom "stalls" that have 3 walls and the door, so its automatically gender neutral. 

• Like 2

"Urinary segregation" in America came in the 1900s because of lack of restrooms for women in workplaces (wikipedia aye lmao)

IMO I really don't care if bathrooms became gender neutral. If i'm pissing in a urinal and some girl decides to piss in the stall next to me, I wouldn't care. But not everyone is me, some people prefer their privacy.

I can understand the concern of a father if some grown man went into the bathroom following his daughter just because he identifies as female. It just wouldn't feel right. 

Idk I was fine with gays, I was fine with transgenders to an extent, but some of this shit is just people begging for attention and crying because things aren't there way. And when someone confronts them about it they just act like the victim. 

There's a lot more I'd love to say on the issue but I won't out of respect for anyone that might get offended by my ideals. 

• Like 4

"Urinary segregation" in America came in the 1900s because of lack of restrooms for women in workplaces (wikipedia aye lmao)

IMO I really don't care if bathrooms became gender neutral. If i'm pissing in a urinal and some girl decides to piss in the stall next to me, I wouldn't care. But not everyone is me, some people prefer their privacy.

I can understand the concern of a father if some grown man went into the bathroom following his daughter just because he identifies as female. It just wouldn't feel right. 

Idk I was fine with gays, I was fine with transgenders to an extent, but some of this shit is just people begging for attention and crying because things aren't there way. And when someone confronts them about it they just act like the victim. 

There's a lot more I'd love to say on the issue but I won't out of respect for anyone that might get offended by my ideals. 

I'd like this with 5 more accounts if I could 

Posting to see the liberals scramble for excuses: http://louderwithcrowder.com/man-drops-pants-in-womens-bathroom/#.Vzk2MZErKUk

"This city is moronic. These laws are moronic. The modern, SJW “trans†movement is moronic. And it’s taking one brilliant man, acting like a moron, to expose just how moronic it is. :

so it's terrible because he can do this, but he's a brilliant man for doing it? this article is literally so dumb it hurts. the whole excuse to bash trans people with is that these rules might be abused; but when they are abused you shower the straight cis dude abusing the rules with love and admiration? and then say that people who are trying to improve trans people's lives are moronic? literally what the fuck. 

this article perfectly sums up the response to this kind of thing. it so clearly has no time or interest in the people who actually did have to share a room with a naked dude (who i'm like 99% sure isn't trans because there would be almost nothing more dysphoria-inducing and traumatic to be repeatedly reported and stared at and hated for the body you have); it doesn't give two fucks about the victims of the terrible crime that itself it has been hyping up as the disastrous result of this legislation. all it is interested in is bashing trans people and laws that attempt to help them. 

Posting to see the liberals scramble for excuses: http://louderwithcrowder.com/man-drops-pants-in-womens-bathroom/#.Vzk2MZErKUk

"This city is moronic. These laws are moronic. The modern, SJW “trans†movement is moronic. And it’s taking one brilliant man, acting like a moron, to expose just how moronic it is. :

Someone once said

> Except, as indicated, it's not unheard of for men to use the women's bathroom.

> This means, that by today's standards, a rapist doesn't need unisex

> bathrooms - he can always use the excuse that he was mistaken, or that

> the male bathroom was occupied.

> And, since there would be less bathrooms (one unisex one instead of two

> seperate ones), there would be more trafic - and thus make it a LESS

> of a prowling ground for rapists.

Agree with this tbh. More traffic to one area could definitely discourage the pervs from doing whatever they do

... oh wait, it was you.

So, there's no need for excuses: it's clear you yourself see this person is an attention seaking troll - not a real perv

Someone once said

> Except, as indicated, it's not unheard of for men to use the women's bathroom.

> This means, that by today's standards, a rapist doesn't need unisex

> bathrooms - he can always use the excuse that he was mistaken, or that

> the male bathroom was occupied.

> And, since there would be less bathrooms (one unisex one instead of two

> seperate ones), there would be more trafic - and thus make it a LESS

> of a prowling ground for rapists.

Agree with this tbh. More traffic to one area could definitely discourage the pervs from doing whatever they do

... oh wait, it was you.

So, there's no need for excuses: it's clear you yourself see this person is an attention seaking troll - not a real perv

He's still making a point that anyone can go do this now and no one knows what to do about it. Whether or not youre a perv or a troll, the option is available and there's no punishment for lying. 

He's still making a point that anyone can go do this now

... so? Anyone can also go around and tell children santa doesn't exist. Do they? No.

it doesn't take one brilliant man, acting like a moron, to expose just how moronic it is

It takes one moron, acting like a moron, to expost just how moronic he is

What you are blatantly failing to take into account, is that anyone can be do anything that is not stricly forbidden by law - dispite the obvious fact that common sense & decency prevents that in reality, this from being actual issue.

... so? Anyone can also go around and tell children santa doesn't exist. Do they? No.

it doesn't take one brilliant man, acting like a moron, to expose just how moronic it is

It takes one moron, acting like a moron, to expost just how moronic he is

What you are blatantly failing to take into account, is that anyone can be do anything that is not stricly forbidden by law - dispite the obvious fact that common sense & decency prevents that in reality, this from being actual issue.

Youre totally missing the point here. People can break the law because they want, sure. But they still do get punished for it at the end of the day. There is no punishment for these new moronic bathroom laws they want to enforce so badly. Theres nothing but excuses when this happens and no solutions, now. People told the liberals (like you) this was going to happen and they gave the same answer you just gave but no solutions to it. You say this like it's O.K. to break the laws they want to enforce. 

as much as this is a clear case of a non-trans person doing their best to fuck over transgender people, locker rooms where people are naked in front of each other is a slightly different concern to bathrooms and should be treated as such. while personally i think it speaks a lot to how gender impacts how people think about each other. gay men aren't banned from male locker rooms, for example. the concern isn't just "oh someone who might find me attractive might see me"; the concern is "a man is able to see women naked". i think it will take a lot more to make people comfortable en masse with gender neutral changing spaces; but also is there a genuine reason why that shouldn't happen that doesn't boil down to discomfort and the way in which certain bodies are sexualised?

as much as this is a clear case of a non-trans person doing their best to fuck over transgender people, locker rooms where people are naked in front of each other is a slightly different concern to bathrooms and should be treated as such. while personally i think it speaks a lot to how gender impacts how people think about each other. gay men aren't banned from male locker rooms, for example. the concern isn't just "oh someone who might find me attractive might see me"; the concern is "a man is able to see women naked". i think it will take a lot more to make people comfortable en masse with gender neutral changing spaces; but also is there a genuine reason why that shouldn't happen that doesn't boil down to discomfort and the way in which certain bodies are sexualised?

What? you mean gay men are allowed into locker male rooms? Since when??? OMG, the rape statistics must be shooting THROUGH THE ROOF !!!

What? you mean gay men are allowed into locker male rooms? Since when??? OMG, the rape statistics must be shooting THROUGH THE ROOF !!!

you know i'm not suggesting that, or that they should be banned? I'm using it to make a point about gender as a social factor because it is the way we construct and construe gender that leads people to be uncomfortable being naked in front of the opposite gender moreso than in front of their own. 

i mean i guess you're just hyperbolically reinforcing my point, but i want to be sure.

i mean i guess you're just hyperbolically reinforcing my point, but i want to be sure.

indeed. I was being sarcastic (sadly the internet doesn't have a sarcasm-font). You make a good point.