Some of these all-class speculations are getting wildly out of hand.

xG:CL Scootaloo

Profit-wise, it personally wouldn't hurt if it was one of my cosmetics that were to go all-class or at least have hype surrounding them. or maybe that's just the poor man inside me talking.

But yeah, it's definitely messed up if people are paying creators for profit.

While I do agree it is silly that just a sentence containing "certain hat" and "all-class" is enough to release the highballers, don't you think hating an entire community just because you couldn't get the hat you wanted is a bit childish? No offense or anything.

Completely agree with ya :3

Next up on the All Class Hype Train is the Pyromancer's Hood.......

Despite the the item having "Pyromancer" in its name, being part of a PYRO item set and no updated models shown, the ones for sale have already put ridiculous prices on them. Until it's proven fake/not gonna happen I dont see those price tags dropping ever so RIP those who wanted to buy that hat :/

And while I'm guilty of buying hats I dont want purely to profit because of all class, I really don't like it. I was after getting a Burning Patriot Peak earlier but now I have to fork over 1000+ keys for one. It's a shame that trading is going in this direction since it only makes the rich richer and makes it harder for others to afford things they like. (Also seeing ridiculous price tags for hats on outpost really grinds my gears and makes me wanna quit TF2)

Next up on the All Class Hype Train is the Pyromancer's Hood.......

Despite the the item having "Pyromancer" in its name, being part of a PYRO item set and no updated models shown, the ones for sale have already put ridiculous prices on them. Until it's proven fake/not gonna happen I dont see those price tags dropping ever so RIP those who wanted to buy that hat :/

And while I'm guilty of buying hats I dont want purely to profit because of all class, I really don't like it. I was after getting a Burning Patriot Peak earlier but now I have to fork over 1000+ keys for one. It's a shame that trading is going in this direction since it only makes the rich richer and makes it harder for others to afford things they like. (Also seeing ridiculous price tags for hats on outpost really grinds my gears and makes me wanna quit TF2)

Pyromancer's Hood is one of the creators having a laugh.  Donhonk is on my friends list, but this is a conversation with someone else (source: reddit):

OCiJZli.png

What's annoying is that I was debating on getting either one of these or a Pyromancer's Mask, and the owner of the Hood I was watching on output pulled it due it "all class hype."  Guess I'll be getting the mask and the hood guy will lose out on the keys.

While I do agree it is silly that just a sentence containing "certain hat" and "all-class" is enough to release the highballers, don't you think hating an entire community just because you couldn't get the hat you wanted is a bit childish? No offense or anything.

Where did I say I hate this community? I just hate what speculation does to the market. Is it honestly unfair of me to gripe about what I feel are unwarranted price hikes because of baseless claims? >.>

I could understand it if there was merit to the price raise, but there isn't. People are honestly just looking for any excuse to elevate their prices. #allclasshype is the new #mischype.

Pyromancer's Hood is one of the creators having a laugh.  Donhonk is on my friends list, but this is a conversation with someone else (source: reddit):

OCiJZli.png

What's annoying is that I was debating on getting either one of these or a Pyromancer's Mask, and the owner of the Hood I was watching on output pulled it due it "all class hype."  Guess I'll be getting the mask and the hood guy will lose out on the keys.

I've seen that and I honestly believe it won't happen, but some sellers are dismissing that image as fake (or they don't care since they still believe it will happen). In the end people are still blinded by greed and prices are high, making it tough for people who want that hat to get it :/

(Also if they wanted to "troll" they coulda done something wilder/more obvious like make the TC allcalss. Seeing the TC become listed as all class on April 1st woulda been funny)

Actually, I think this whole all-class hype exists simply because of the domino effect.

Once there's a speculation about a hat going all-class, some people are going to buy that story, and that leads to other people buying that story and attempting to raise the price. It's nothing special anyways, just some people trying to profit from the speculation.

Actually, I think this whole all-class hype exists simply because of the domino effect.

Once there's a speculation about a hat going all-class, some people are going to buy that story, and that leads to other people buying that story and attempting to raise the price. It's nothing special anyways, just some people trying to profit from the speculation.

i can agree with that my friend is apparently blinded and he says that he wont be swallowed by greed but atm he is now

I'm not really surprised though. Back a few years ago when Valve starting making hats into misc, SO MUCH people jacked up their prices claiming that it will be a misc.

Sure, some hats did have some hype behind them like the Festivizier & the Dread Knot but then you just see drop dead desperate people trying to pass off the Nano to become an eventual misc. The worst I remember seeing was 2 people claiming the Dapper Topper will become a misc & block people that made acceptable offers (lol).

Although this time, it's a little different because people are going out of their way to hassle the workshop creators for their own material gain which is alarming in comparison to the misc hype. Entertaining to watch though.

Meanwhile the TC still isn't all-class

And I'm pretty sure it will never be. The creator himself said years ago that he'd never make it all-class because the hat is supposed to represent the strongest/most valuable classes. He DID think about making it for Spy too, but he didn't go through with it.

Besides you got the Patriot Peak that's all-class now, closet you'll probably ever get.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I just wanted to clarify some things.

This page was added/updates on 19 Jan, 2013.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1

Reason for this was that this hat was done before workshop/mannconomy existed. So at some point Valve asked to submit it on workshop to have their records clear.

Next thing is hat going or not all class. I agree that i though about this initially], but only due to love for this hat and it being my first creation for TF2/Workshop.

Main reason for this was that I first of all wanted to improve the quality of the hat itself. It was done long time ago when poly limits and textures were much more restricted for cosmetics in TF2.

However now after being spammed every day by traders and collectors of TF2 community I feel that it was all set up or at least it is now.

Some even tried to convince me to making it a misc...

To cut it all here is what will be done. I will update quality of this hat and make it ONLY for Engi as it is now. No all class, No misc.

Then ONLY if Valve will want it to update as all class I will prepare it for being all class. ONLY upon Valves request.

In the end everyone that is making an assumption you need to know that nothing is certain when it comes to workshop.

And if people want to speculate I will make sure everyone will have fair chances.

Hey guys!

Reason for this was that this hat was done before workshop/mannconomy existed. So at some point Valve asked to submit it on workshop to have their records clear.

Next thing is hat going or not all class. I agree that i though about this initially], but only due to love for this hat and it being my first creation for TF2/Workshop.

Main reason for this was that I first of all wanted to improve the quality of the hat itself. It was done long time ago when poly limits and textures were much more restricted for cosmetics in TF2.

However now after being spammed every day by traders and collectors of TF2 community I feel that it was all set up or at least it is now.

To cut it all here is what will be done. I will update quality of this hat and make it ONLY for Engi as it is now. No all class, No misc.

Then ONLY if Valve will want it to update as all class I will prepare it for being all class. ONLY upon Valves request.

In the end everyone that is making an assumption you need to know that nothing is certain when it comes to workshop.

And if people want to speculate I will make sure everyone will have fair chances.

thank you for not succumbing to retarded hype

btw kids are already crying

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/28199791

I rejected an offer for a TF circling logo Safe-N-Sound on my KAW Powdered Practionner, the guy said it was going all-class and wanted me to add keys while his unusual is worth less... You said GR€€D ?

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for offering clarity on the situation. Maybe now this wild speculation can actually be put to rest.

Archived