Potentially huge trade glitch

Purple Gaming

So this is pretty huge.

http://imgur.com/aEXgkmr

At a first glance it looks like this guy just had a little fuck up sending his trade offer over. However, I remembered my Karambit being in the request, so I thought he sent a second one and messed up. There was no other trade requests from this individual in my trade history. Both him and I remember vividly seeing my Karambit in the offer, and it disappeared out of the trade for no apparent reason.

I reached out to the guy with an add and let him know, catching him by surprise. I tried accepting the trade, got a weird error message (I think (28) maybe?), and the trade was not accepted. The trader deleted the trade request shortly after.

Because the trade could not be accepted, I'm assuming this is just some visual error. But not only is this enough to give any trader a heart attack, but a potentially trade breaking glitch that can make your items disappear at no fault of your own. Double check your trade offers, yall.

Wanted to post this up for a bit of discussion. I posted this previously on the Steam Discussion boards and they actually deleted it for some reason. But what do you all think?

I received a related trade.. guy offered me his festive strange rocket without selecting any of the keys, and you know it's a error 28 trade when items are greyed out and cannot be accepted. Of course in these situations.. did the right right and resent counter with keys. 

Had this happen just last night, one item on the other person's side just disappeared when I countered their offer. Luckily I checked the offer after I sent it. It was there in the trade window when I sent it though.

I didn't try to accept anything so I don't know if there would have been an error.

Archived