Opinions on the Half-Time Show & Ads

Supervise

I personally don't like American football, but being an American, and having a family, the Superb Owl was of course on in my house. Anyways, this thread shouldn't be discussing football, just the most important parts, commercials and the half time show.

This year's half-time show is the worst I can remember. Chris's voice was terrible, which was surprising considering I've heard him live before, and the whole gimick was just stupid in my opinion.

The commercials were okay. They were much better than normal commercials, but not up to my standards for Super Bowl ads. The seemingly most liked commercial was the stupid puppy-monkey-baby one, which was terrible in my opinion, but I can see why it was liked.

Anyways, reply with what you thought about it. Sorry to everyone that isn't from America, but I'm sure you can look it up, no need to sit out for this thread.

2008 Financial crisis needs a sequel.

I<3Prius4

Dogs and their weiners

Kung Fu Panda, Old Spice and Budwieser frogs.

I agree, Chris didn't sound near as good as usual, and I'm a huge coldplay fan.

I really liked them paying homage to the past 50 shows though, and in general liked how coldplay meshed a lot of their songs towards the end (fix you, clocks, purple rain, up&up)

I know a lot of people were upset over the gay pride and black power though.

We don't get the superbowl ads in Canada. But the canadian ads were annoying. Coming on every 20 seconds. We watched more ads then the game itself. Also Bruno Mars and Beyonce stole the halftime from Cold play

To be honest, there's nothing interesting about Super Bowl. It's just teams playing American Football. That's all.

"Anyways, this thread shouldn't be discussing football" - Me

I know a lot of people were upset over the gay pride and black power though.

I don't think it was really necessary, but there isn't a reason to be mad. They did have to come up with a theme that is relevant.

Using the words black power makes you sound like an African(-insert whatever) supremacist.

Why are there so many fucking ads during a sports game? They stand still half of the time anyway but seriously. There's 1 hour of game, in which they only move for 30 mins. Why does this last 4 hours? I just don't get it. I tried watching it, honestly I did but it was just tell sell with hype. With football there's 45 mins of game time in each half and then a 15 min break in between that is usually ads. Annoying and I'd prefer analysis but somewhat understandable and well it's only 15 mins. Bit how can anybody watch this sport?

Why are there so many fucking ads during a sports game? They stand still half of the time anyway but seriously. There's 1 hour of game, in which they only move for 30 mins. Why does this last 4 hours? I just don't get it. I tried watching it, honestly I did but it was just tell sell with hype. With football there's 45 mins of game time in each half and then a 15 min break in between that is usually ads. Annoying and I'd prefer analysis but somewhat understandable and well it's only 15 mins. Bit how can anybody watch this sport?

Again, I didn't want the thread to be about the sport, but I do agree the game is stupid. It's boring to watch and it's aired on channels that make it last hours more than it actually was played.

Americans do love seeing people bash each other, wherever it be politics or sports 

Commercials during Superbowl allways aim to be gold standard of marketing. Well with $5 million per 30-second of air time this ads must be good value for money. Although this year overall ads quality dropped if I compare it with previous years some are nice.

I don't see any of this years ads that stand out more than any other. Overall I'd say Mars' "Marilyn" was the best for me. Badwiser never dissapoints with Superbowl commercials. Fortunatelly clydesdales and puppies were not overly exposed much this season but “Simply Putâ€, very well-worded insults, with Helen Mirren was nicely done. Hyundai’s "First Date" was funny. Heinz's "Wiener Stampede" was OK. Some ads worth to notice were Audi's "Commander" and Toyota's "The Longest Chase". 

I don't think any of this years ads will became iconic as Apple’s “1984†(1984) or memorable as Pepsi's "Cindy Crawford" (1992), Budweiser’s "Frogs" (1995),  Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Could Smell Like†(2010), Volkswagen’s “The Force†(2011) and Budweiser's "Puppy Love" (2014) to name a few examples.

Archived