What phone should I get

Fletch!

I want to get an iPhone, but debating on the phone 6 or 6s. Is it worth buying the 6s..

Also where would be the cheapest place to buy one :)

Just buy an iPhone 4

Does everything a phone needs to do and more,and is actually reasonably priced

I own one and i don't care about buying a phone with a slightly larger screen and no extra features

Or, better yet

USE AN ANDROID

Iphones shatter at the drop of a hat even with cases, just watch TechRax on YT.

I have a Kyrocera Hydro Air, its water resistant(not proof, can get water on it but wont work submerged) and newest version of Android. Its like 55$ @ Walmart Wireless for the phone but idk about service plans.

I think my flip phone does the same thing as an Iphone for less than 1/4 the price. Oh and i don't have to worry about data. My battery also lasts for a week. win

If you want Android,get a Sony

If you want an iPhone,don't get the latest model

If you want a Windows phone,think again

If you want something else,don't,not until something like the Ubuntu edge comes out anywag

I'm not just pulling these facts outta my ass btw

iPhones, as with most Apple products, are overpriced and overrated.

I disagree. 

You can argue overpriced if you'd like, but all flagship phones are overpriced -- Apple just maintains the price and doesn't discount it within a week or two (which is ultimately a good thing since it means the phone will retain it's value and it means you don't have to worry about it being cheaper the week after you buy it). 

Just buy an iPhone 4

Does everything a phone needs to do and more,and is actually reasonably priced

I own one and i don't care about buying a phone with a slightly larger screen and no extra features

Or, better yet

USE AN ANDROID

Except for the fact that the iPhone 4 gets quite bogged down, doesn't support ios9, has a shitty camera by todays standards, has a tiny screen, doesn't support 4g, and a ton of other things. 

Iphones shatter at the drop of a hat even with cases, just watch TechRax on YT.

I have a Kyrocera Hydro Air, its water resistant(not proof, can get water on it but wont work submerged) and newest version of Android. Its like 55$ @ Walmart Wireless for the phone but idk about service plans.

Really? I've literally thrown my 6s+ across the room and had it smash into a petrified wood table screen first and it didn't break. They're really not as fragile as you make them out to be. 

I have a blu windows phone and I can safely say that it can compete with the performance of iphones and androids.

Having used budget Android devices and older iOS devices I seriously am going to doubt that. Although, I haven't used windows phone, so maybe microsoft pulled off some miracle and made it run incredibly well /s. 

I think my flip phone does the same thing as an Iphone for less than 1/4 the price. Oh and i don't have to worry about data. My battery also lasts for a week. win

My iPhone with all the smart settings disabled (i.e. so it's acting like a flip phone) would last like a month on a single charge.... If you want to make a stupid comparison, at least make it a fair stupid comparison. 

If you want Android,get a Sony

If you want an iPhone,don't get the latest model

If you want a Windows phone,think again

If you want something else,don't,not until something like the Ubuntu edge comes out anywag

I'm not just pulling these facts outta my ass btw

The Moto X Pure is also a good choice for Android. 

Meh, debatable, 3D touch is basically useless (imho -- but some people like it), the extra gb of RAM alone can make the 6s worthwhile, as is the significantly faster processor (on paper, in real world use you're unlikely to ever reach that point -- although going forward that extra processing power will increase the longevity of the device, as will the extra memory), and touchID 2.0 is a nice touch as it is quite a bit faster.

I want to get an iPhone, but debating on the phone 6 or 6s. Is it worth buying the 6s..

Also where would be the cheapest place to buy one  :)

If you want an iPhone, then I'd go with the 6s, it's faster (not that it will matter...for now anyway), it has an extra gb of RAM (which may or may not prove beneficial depending on how heavy of a user you are due to iOS's excellent memory management -- again, for now), touchID 2.0, and 3D Touch. The biggest reason is for the extra RAM and CPU power, both of which will definitely increase the longevity of the device. 

-snip-

Pretty much this. People always say: but bro the specs suck compared to my android. The thing people don't realize is every app, and software is essentially optimized for iphones, on the other hand when making andriod apps developers have to design an app that works on hundreds of phones, so you need great specs for a flagship phone.

Also, the latest iphone is essentially the same price as a flagship samsung or lg. You are paying for everything, not just the components. This includes employees, advertisement, etc. Give them credit for giving you a great device.

For OP: buy the iphone, you won't regret it. Everything works perfectly and smoothly, androids will always have tiny problems here and there due to optimization. Iphone work..simply.. I got an iphone 6 when they came out and it was great. Get the 6s though now, you can sell it for more down the road, it'll be worth it. You can even sell it when the 7 comes out and barely have to put extra money in. Androis devalue a ton, iphones much less.

Pretty much this. People always say: but bro the specs suck compared to my android. The thing people don't realize is every app, and software is essentially optimized for iphones, on the other hand when making andriod apps developers have to design an app that works on hundreds of phones, so you need great specs for a flagship phone.

Also, the latest iphone is essentially the same price as a flagship samsung or lg. You are paying for everything, not just the components. This includes employees, advertisement, etc. Give them credit for giving you a great device.

For OP: buy the iphone, you won't regret it. Everything works perfectly and smoothly, androids will always have tiny problems here and there due to optimization. Iphone work..simply.. I got an iphone 6 when they came out and it was great. Get the 6s though now, you can sell it for more down the road, it'll be worth it. You can even sell it when the 7 comes out and barely have to put extra money in. Androis devalue a ton, iphones much less.

optimization aside, the A9 kicks the ass of literally every other mobile SoC anyway (and is just edged out by the octacore Exynos 7420 in multithreaded)

As for your last point, iOS is by no means perfect and has the same rare/random bugs that Android has (albeit generally they're fewer and more uncommon due to more validation). Right now, for example, my 6s+ will sometimes jump right to the bottom of a page when I open a link and will disconnect from my Pebble and require me to restart the phone every few days (albeit the latter can potentially be blamed on Pebble and not Apple since Pebble is a third party accessory, but I'd still count it as an issue with the iPhone). 

I got an iPhone 6 myself. It's pretty awesome. 

There are some differences between the 6 and 6s so you should just decide yourself. 

The 6s is more expensive but then you got 3D Touch which is cool, way better camera, Live Photo, 4k video watching (this is so awesome for Netflix) and ofcourse the A9 chip. This makes the phone much faster and you are able to play the latest games fluently on it then.

Also, why is everybody immediately so aggressive towards Apple? He just asks whether he should buy an 6 or 6s, so answer his question then. Otherwise just ignore this and move on. I bet he doesn't give a shit about all the great Android phones you got. He just wants to choose between 6 and 6s.

I got an iPhone 6 myself. It's pretty awesome. 

There are some differences between the 6 and 6s so you should just decide yourself. 

The 6s is more expensive but then you got 3D Touch which is cool, way better camera, Live Photo, 4k video watching (this is so awesome for Netflix) and ofcourse the A9 chip. This makes the phone much faster and you are able to play the latest games fluently on it then.

Also, why is everybody immediately so aggressive towards Apple? He just asks whether he should buy an 6 or 6s, so answer his question then. Otherwise just ignore this and move on. 

The camera isn't actually way better on the 6s unfortunately, although it does support 4k (not very important imo -- if 4k is that important you shouldn't be using an iPhone anyway), and live photos actually annoys 99% of the time as I want a simple picture not a gif (usually), and is thus always disabled unless I'm trying to capture something specific where it actually comes in handy. 

Also, you can watch 4k video on a 6 (the 6s/+ has a 750p/1080p screen)?

While the A9 is significantly faster, the A8 is still more than enough for anything you can throw at it. 

The camera isn't actually way better on the 6s unfortunately, although it does support 4k (not very important imo -- if 4k is that important you shouldn't be using an iPhone anyway), and live photos actually annoys 99% of the time as I want a simple picture not a gif (usually), and is thus always disabled unless I'm trying to capture something specific where it actually comes in handy. 

Also, you can watch 4k video on a 6 (the 6s/+ has a 750p/1080p screen)?

While the A9 is significantly faster, the A8 is still more than enough for anything you can throw at it. 

Well I still think those are some nice things to consider. 

The 6s is faster, better resolution, better camera and some nice new features. I rather see it as an upgrade from the 6 

Well I still think those are some nice things to consider. 

The 6s is faster, better resolution, better camera and some nice new features. I rather see it as an upgrade from the 6 

I don't disagree, I think the 6s is worthwhile as well. 

It's faster, which is largely irrelevant for now, but will increase it's longevity; AND it has 2gb of RAM, which is definitely a big thing to consider (even though 1gb is still manageable for all but the heaviest of users due to iOS's excellent memory management -- for now). 

Megapixels isn't everything, and while it has a 12mp sensor, the image quality is still very close. (the front camera is much improved though)

The actual screen resolution is the same. 

What exactly is your budget? Are you looking to get the phone retail or on contract? Those points could make a very big difference in what I would recommend. If you're getting it on contract, go ahead and get one of the big flagships. Pretty much all of the flagships are valid choices, just depends on what OS you would like your phone to be running and what you want your phone to be optimized to do. If you're getting a phone for full retail, be aware that it will cost you a nice chunk of money. If you want cheaper alternatives, LG puts out a lot of good cheaper phones.

I love how this thread was full of reasons why android is better and once awesomemccoolname came around no one had a counter argument since by this point everyone knows awesomemccoolname is a pro at all kinds of tech stuff.

Also, if a guy with an android profile pic and banner says iphone is better then that's a point proven.

I love how this thread was full of reasons why android is better and once awesomemccoolname came around no one had a counter argument since by this point everyone knows awesomemccoolname is a pro at all kinds of tech stuff.

Also, if a guy with an android profile pic and banner says iphone is better then that's a point proven.

lol

To be clear, I don't think an iPhone is better. In terms of raw specs it can certainly trade blows with the best Android flagships on the market -- winning in some areas and losing in others (for example the S6/G4 have better cameras iirc while the S6 has a better display -- not because of the resolution though, that's irrelevant). I personally prefer iOS to Android, but in terms of real world use both have their pitfalls and their positives -- iOS tends to be better validated and thus tends to have fewer issues (although, it most definitely still has them) and tends to run smoother, while Android leaves more room for customization. Both have their merits, but I've never found myself limited by my iPhone nor missing anything when I gave up my Android device, so I would just assume take the slightly smoother/more stable iOS (again, I have to be very clear here, I'm not saying iOS does't have issues because iOS 8 had one of the highest iOS crash rates so far, I just never experienced it). 

TL;DR I personally prefer the iPhone to the competition, whether it be to the physical design, the specs, or the os. 

Archived