What would be the guidelines for Impersonators?

♥Prof. Sugarcube♥

I ask this because today MoPcKo found himself an impersonator http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198145137931

I found myself one of mine but doesn't have the same picture http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198261566167

I'm wondering if mine would be considered an impersonator since it's a dead account created in November with my name

So i ask two questions

1. Is my impersonator actually considered an impersonator?

2. What are the guidelines to be considered an impersonator?

Just because they have the same name as you does not make them impersonators. Impersonators are people who actively pretend to be others with ill intent. As far as I can see, this is harmless.

impersonator = someone who pretends to be you

impersonator =

same picture + name + bio

links your rep threads etc

basically anything that would help when scamming

impersonator =/= someone who has a similar name or picture

People who impersonate others are usually scammers.

They'd do that to elevate their status and trick people into thinking they're the real deal. I remembered when Strife had an almost-perfect impersonator, with a similar steam year badge, steam level and backpack value.

So to answer your second question, impersonators need to have the same name, profile picture, similar steam url (like a subtle misspelling), similar steam level etc. However, for your first question, I doubt that person is impersonating you with a malicious intent, since he doesn't have a clear motive to scam anyone.

People who impersonate others are usually scammers.

They'd do that to elevate their status and trick people into thinking they're the real deal. I remembered when Strife had an almost-perfect impersonator, with a similar steam year badge, steam level and backpack value.

So to answer your second question, impersonators need to have the same name, profile picture, similar steam url (like a subtle misspelling), similar steam level etc. However, for your first question, I doubt that person is impersonating you with a malicious intent, since he doesn't have a clear motive to scam anyone.

Literally the first person on this thread to answer my questions and not respond with an instigation, appreciated <3

Same name, Same picture, same info in text boxes and profile stuff. But there are little things that can give them away, like level, join date, cant fake those.

impersonating for comedic value like what Bucket and Baloo did is fine only if they agree publicly on it or whatnot.

Archived