Why the hate on the Scotch Bonnet?

Tamamushiiro

Honestly. This may seem weird, but ever since I've gotten into unusual trading, I've noticed a trend of Scotch Bonnets always being low tier and cheap. (Not complaining, since it makes it easier for me to buy my favourite hat.)

I'm not trying to disrespect anyone's opinion, but I'm just trying to see why. I mean, unusual prices for it and such are low and almost never updated. What's the general consensus on the hat?

most people don't find it particularly pretty and it's a robo hat which have always been hated because people judge stuff on what update it came out in rather than how good it is

most people don't find it particularly pretty and it's a robo hat which have always been hated because people judge stuff on what update it came out in rather than how good it is

You're thinking of the Broadband Bonnet

Scotch bonnet is not robo, thats the broadband bonnet. Also, Scotch bonnet was the first demoman cosmetic I bought (with Hurt Locher ), because I loved how it fits the demoman style and make him look like some sapper or swat member. I really dont understand why people dislike it, but the sober stuntman and human cannonball which both look cool on demoman are getting the same negative attitude.

You're thinking of the Broadband Bonnet

Scotch bonnet is not robo, thats the broadband bonnet. Also, Scotch bonnet was the first demoman cosmetic I bought (with Hurt Locher ), because I loved how it fits the demoman style and make him look like some sapper or swat member. I really dont understand why people dislike it, but the sober stuntman and human cannonball which both look cool on demoman are getting the same negative attitude.

oh right I'm an idiot

oh right I'm an idiot

Confirmed

Personally, I think it's less that it's an ugly hat and more that there are so many better ones you could get instead, like the reggae or samur-eye or tavish's crown. Even if they do cost a bit more they look a lot nicer.

I find demo has a few hats like...they can be bought for very cheap even with god tier effects and they actually don't look bad at all (stuntman would be another example, yes, it's not nearly as good looking as the hustler or samur-eye, but you can get a clean burning stuntman for ~45 keys).  

because its not a (beams) hallmark

honestly though it's just a hat that most people aren't interested in. Low demand usually means lower price.

Archived