Looks like hats and tool are dropable again

SunriseM

Yesterday I found a name tag and today a hot digger, these are the first items that I have got from drops that aren't crates or weapons in my 2k hours. Also I have seen other people getting drops like this last days.

I haven't dropped a cosmetic since december 2014 (rogue's robe), but I have found quite a few tools over the last year and last month (3 decal tools, 5 paints, a name tag) and a pallet of crates

I haven't dropped a cosmetic since december 2014 (rogue's robe), but I have found quite a few tools over the last year and last month (3 decal tools, 5 paints, a name tag) and a pallet of crates

Tools were always droppable. Craft hats stopped dropping some time ago (I think early 2015?) but I've been finding these in MvM a lot so I'm assuming those are back.

like 6 days ago i found a tools of the trade :)

i didnt even realize they stopped dropping.. just thought they were extra rare drops and I never got lucky enough for one

I thought everyone knows paint and hats will drop again? I think they fixed it in the nearest update.

I don't care though the only things I got beside crate is a name tag back in 2014  :(

I got a Giftapult drop the other day

F*** you, Gabe

Huh I got two giftapults from drops too and I killed me self because gabe fucked gift wraps

Got a meet the medic taunt last september, not even a giftapult since then only weapons.

On Australia Day hat drops returned

No idea why they were removed in the first place

Giving free stuff is not profitable, they also probably already considered removing weapon drops for F2Ps

Tools were always droppable. Craft hats stopped dropping some time ago (I think early 2015?) but I've been finding these in MvM a lot so I'm assuming those are back.

Really? I ve only gotten crates and weapons for the last 10 months.

Really? I ve only gotten crates and weapons for the last 10 months.

Yeah boiiiii. I've seen the odd name tag drop every now and then for other people. I'll admit, the gift-a-pult seems to be a lot more common now though - perhaps they were made rarer when the hats were removed from the drop table?  :huh:

Got a craft hat yesterday. Sold it right after for 1.33 ref to a bulk buyer. It was a madame dixie.

I would love to get a more valuable hat drop lol but better than nothing. And still better than a plain weapon instead.

Giving free stuff is not profitable, they also probably already considered removing weapon drops for F2Ps

Nah, that's one they'll never remove.

What happens is F2Ps get 50 slots...literally not enough slots to fit one of each droppable weapon. So the F2P will very quickly hit the upper limit, and every time they get a drop they either have to delete it (sadface) or else stop and delete/craft something else into metal to make room for it (annoyance). It interrupts gameplay and makes the F2P feel like they're missing out on all the good weapons because of their s***y tiny F2P backpack.

Any ingame purchase upgrades backpack capacity to 300, which is a *huge* deal to anyone who's at the 50 limit and deleting stuff. So weapon drops are very, very useful for pushing F2Ps to upgrade. And once you've upgraded, you have enough slots to have all the weapons you want, and weapons are cool, but you've got all you need. At that point, you start to notice the hats...and it's all over.

Can confirm, got Birdcage yesterday, after more than 1 year (prob even more?) from previous hat drop. So, ye, seems like craft hats drops finally back.

Archived