[Help] Freezing in Game

Findiculous

I like to think of myself as pretty tech savvy but this has me stumped and it happens often.

Note: This also only happens in tf2.

During gameplay whether it be multiplayer or MvM (which i frequently play) I will often hit a point where everything freezes. First my character jumps in its movement like high ping and then stops moving whilst others move around. Then after a few seconds, they all freeze too. No characters moving, rockets suspended in midair you know the drill.

Now this leads to 1 of 2 end results, either it corrects itself and puts me back in (where usually I end up having died) or I have timed out.

This only happens in Tf2 and for the life of me I cant figure out why. I dont have any browsers open usually when I play so my computer is only running steam and tf2 (or hl2.exe blah blah)

So, has anybody else had this problem and anything that can be done to correct the issue?

It has been more frequent in the last couple of months.

Brief relevant specs:

i7 Six Core Extreme 3.6GHz processor

Asus Rampage IV Black Edition: Intel x79 motherboard

32GB DDR3 RAM

3GB NVidia GTX 780 Ti

Also running EVE HUD if that makes any difference

My computer can run any other game without an issue with stupid amounts of other things running at the same time so there is no reason for this to happen.

are you sure isnt it lag? because the same happens to me a lot when my internet sucks (very often). did it ocurr before you installed the hud?

are you sure isnt it lag? because the same happens to me a lot when my internet sucks (very often). did it ocurr before you installed the hud?

Have had my HUD installed for over a year now and I recall checking to see if it was the hud a couple of months ago by removing it. But that yielded no positive results.

I have fibre optic broadband so the chances of it sucking are slim. Browsers and steam itself continues to work without issues when the problem occurs.

If it was a random lag spike I woulld understand. But once this problem starts it is usually a constant stream of freezes and time outs. Changing servers is easy but the problems happen again. Disconnecting is simple and Steam chat has no problems working.

Basically once this problem starts, I have to give up on tf2 for the day

Archived