When relisting an item manually

TacoTown

When you relist a item manually, like anyone without donator has to, it used to show the item's current price in the example of the item shown in the upper corner when relisting. Now, it shows the price you listed it for. I suggest changing it back to the old system where it showed the current price like it does if it's unlisted in your backpack, as it was a good way of knowing if an item's value had changed without having to go check the page or unlisting it then relisting it, especially for items where the value changes regularly, like killstreaked weapons and painted hats. And given that manually relisting items is already as big of a pain as it is, I feel that this would be something near necessary.

I couldn't find a pic of what it was like before the update, but included is a screenshot of the current manual relist page, note the tag next to the price that indicates it's the price it's listed for.

post-21136-0-35095000-1454610898_thumb.png

Just place your cursor over the item image and it'll show you the suggested price (a.k.a the price of the item without any addons).

Not with anything that has something applied to it, with the exception of killstreaked weapons. I just checked.

Not with anything that has something applied to it, with the exception of killstreaked weapons. I just checked.

Since I'm in a boarding school, I can only bring my craptop with me for the rest of the school year, so excuse the bad fps. 

IGHtIH3.gif

Since I'm in a boarding school, I can only bring my craptop with me for the rest of the school year, so excuse the bad fps. 

IGHtIH3.gif

Sorry, I wasn't thinking about unusuals. To put it a bit clearer, the price suggestion is there, but unless it can be sold on-market, it only shows the value of the item, without including things applied, and even then with most cosmetics that can be sold on market it doesn't include the price of applied items.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking about unusuals. To put it a bit clearer, the price suggestion is there, but unless it can be sold on-market, it only shows the value of the item, without including things applied, and even then with most cosmetics that can be sold on market it doesn't include the price of applied items.

The website prices applied items at around 50% of their original value, which is way more than people willingly buy for. If you're using backpack.tf's prices for parted stranges, painted cosmetics, etc, then you should really reconsider your prices.

The website prices applied items at around 50% of their original value, which is way more than people willingly buy for. If you're using backpack.tf's prices for parted stranges, painted cosmetics, etc, then you should really reconsider your prices.

That has noting to do with my original suggestion, even if not many people will buy for that it's still a good way to see if the price has changed significantly since the last relisting. Because if the value has changed, then you should probably look into it and see if you need to reconsider your own prices, and you can't tell that with the current setup.

Archived