Backpack.tf Enhancement Suite (Being Updated)

The Oddball

Cares, the author of the backpack.tf enhancement suite, has stopped development of his script! ;_;

No need to worry! As the project was open source, I have taken it upon myself to work on it.

Features (Totally not copied from cares' thread)
Click on [s-n] to see a screenshot of the functionality. If there is no screenshot, it is likely documented in the BES preferences section, or simply doesn't need further explaining. Menu actions can be accessed with the arrow next to your name in the header. [s-1]

Recent price changes
* Recent price change arrows in backpacks [s-1]
* Outdated unusual warnings [s-1]
* Recent Changes menu action, showing you the latest changes that have affected the backpack you're viewing [s-1]

Classifieds improvements
* Classifieds signature and auto-close
* Refresh backpack button to remove old classifieds listings [s-1]
* Classifieds peek [s-1]
* Classifieds sell listing value auto-fill
* Remove Listings menu action to remove all of your listings on the current page
* Automatic escrow checking (Red trade icons means user has escrow) [s-1] New!

Preferences
* Save Settings now saves your settings without having to reload the page
* BES preferences
* Can link to a tab using the fragment identifier: https://backpack.tf/...references##bes

Price tags
* Tooltips for items priced in keys [s-1]
* Set the range shown in the tag to low, mid, or high
* Change the multiplier for modifications (paints/parts)

The latter two features can impact the shown refined value (in the user header) and thus increase or decrease it. This is not reflected on the backpack servers.

Quicklisting
* Quicklist presets [s-1]
* Quicklist current selection with a chosen price and message [s-1]
* Select Page button

rep.tf integration
* rep.tf button on profiles [s-1]
* rep.tf button in mini profiles [s-1]
* rep.tf reputation indicator/ban modal [s-1] [s-2] [s-3]

Improved search (SCM, Classifieds)
* Search the Community Market using the search box [s-1] [s-2] [s-3] [s-4]
Supported scopes: tf, tf2; cs, csgo, go; dota, dota2, dt, dt2; scm, market, steam
* Search backpack.tf Unusuals index quickly (/unusuals) using the search box [s-1]
Supported scopes: unusuals, unusual, u
* Search backpack.tf Classifieds using the search box [s-1] (sell orders only)
Supported scopes: classifieds, classified, cl, c
Format: cl:[item],quality+attr,tradable(+ or -),craftable(+ or -)
Examples:

Bill's Hat: cl:bill's
Uncraftable Head Warmer: cl:head w,,,-
Untradable Black Rose: cl:black rose,,-
Untradable, Uncraftable Haunted Beep Man: cl:beep man,Haunted,-,-
Unusual Tyrant's Helm: cl:Tyrant's,Unusual
Strange Australium Scattergun: cl:Scatter,strange+australium

Other
* Suggestion peek [s-1]
* Dupe checking (hover over the History button in a popover) [s-1] [s-2]
* Dupe check selection (in backpacks) [s-1] [s-2]
* Multiple items in user backpacks can be selected at once by holding down shift. Note: only works for items on the same backpack page.
* My Preferences menu action
* Lotto button in the community section
* Lotto can be removed from the front page
* Custom homepage wallpaper [s-1]
* Can replace converted key icons to their original.

Installation
Step 1:

Install one of these plugins on your browser.
TamperMonkey for Chrome
TamperMonkey for Safari
TamperMonkey Beta for Opera
Firefox is not supported. Consider upgrading to one of the browsers that support TamperMonkey.

Step 2:
hKHfyWz.png

When prompted, select "Install". (you can also use this link to force an update)

Github page: https://github.com/theoddball/oddBES

For users with cares' version of BES, or the version I made on oddball.tf (that version will not be updated) , follow these steps first!

Step 1:Delete the current version of BES you already have.

How to delete it:
Step 1a: Go to your Tapermonkey Dashboard:
F54Ic.png
Step 1b: Look for BES;

Sup8E.png

Step 1c: Click the trash bucket at the right hand side.

Step 2:Install my version, and you're done.

Supporting the project:

Cares has stopped development of the script. I will accept donations and withhold to his benefits, and I will split funds 50/50 with him (cares, if you're reading this, I will change it to whatever cut you want)

You can support the project by donating 2 keys to me. I also add perks to any of your alts for 1 key each, up to 3 alts. There won't be supporter-only content, but you do get some perks shown to yourself and other users of BES.

Supporters currently receive a custom user color (optional), a custom user font (also optional) (See the list here: http://www.cssfontstack.com/I won't add anything crazy or hard to read. I will moderate these, and if yours looks too crazy, I will reject it.) New!, a custom belt (hat + effect, ability to remove the star), and a badge on their profile. These perks are visible to other users of BES as well. Your perks will be pushed out immediately. More perks may be added later.

Put your requested user color (if any, hex format) and your favorite hat/effect (optional as well, you can also choose to not have an effect) in the note and I'll get it processed ASAP. Pick a color you like here. If there are any issues or delays I'll add you on Steam to let you know.

Two simple rules regarding custom user colors:
* You can't choose a user color that belongs to a rank higher than yours. For example, if you're Donator+ (green user color), then you can't have a purple user name color. This also applies to the price suggestion moderator colors. However, if you have premium you may have a black user color (Donator++), because it's of a lower rank.
* It must be visible, so no faint yellows or whites. Obvious, but must be said.

what about firefox support? are you going to fix the current issues or leave it unsupported (like cares did before)?

Me and Julia will look into that in the future. I want to fix everything that's broken currently due to the site update

wait wasn't it supported for firefox before?

yeah it worked on firefox before but some update broke it and cares instead of fixing that gave up and dropped the support

yeah it worked on firefox before but some update broke it and cares instead of fixing that gave up and dropped the support

I dont use firefox, but ill start importing bits of code one at a time to see what breaks it

• 2 weeks later...

Selected items do not get their value shown in the Ref bar (at the top right) like they normally do.  I think this has been a problem for the entirety of the Oddball suite, but I might be wrong.

Example: https://gyazo.com/774c1c54e904d0f7860864f625eeae39

When I select 1 ref, the ref thing at the top right should change to 1.  If I selected a 5 ref cosmetic in addition to the ref, it should go to 6 ref (it just totals the value of selected items).

Selected items do not get their value shown in the Ref bar (at the top right) like they normally do.  I think this has been a problem for the entirety of the Oddball suite, but I might be wrong.

Example: https://gyazo.com/774c1c54e904d0f7860864f625eeae39

When I select 1 ref, the ref thing at the top right should change to 1.  If I selected a 5 ref cosmetic in addition to the ref, it should go to 6 ref (it just totals the value of selected items).

I'll have a look

Edit: Fixed this, will be 1.6.2

Looking forward to being able to hover over unusuals and go to it's unusual page! Isn't working for me with the latest version but was working on the old suite a few days ago strangely.

• Like 1

A lot of things were broken, I need to look over all of them. A lot of backend site stuff was changed that the script depends on. 1.6.2.3 was released and fixes quicklisting

I can understand it might take some time to fix everything. Please fix the Refresh classifieds option. It helps keep the classifieds clean. Appreciate your work on the script to keep it updated. Thanks in advance.

I can understand it might take some time to fix everything. Please fix the Refresh classifieds option. It helps keep the classifieds clean. Appreciate your work on the script to keep it updated. Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by refresh classies option? Refresh backpack?

Edit: v1.6.4 released, and fixed this.

What do you mean by refresh classies option? Refresh backpack?

I'm pretty sure they mean the refresh backpack button that can be pressed from the classifieds. I can confirm that it isn't working

I'm pretty sure they mean the refresh backpack button that can be pressed from the classifieds. I can confirm that it isn't working

Fixed it.

• Like 2

Looking forward to being able to hover over unusuals and go to it's unusual page! Isn't working for me with the latest version but was working on the old suite a few days ago strangely.

Fixed

Refresh Classifeds Option is still not working for me. I have tried it on mozilla firefox & google chrome with the updated script.

Firefox is not supported. I fixed it, I don't know what your problem is

My problem is that earlier when I used to click on the option of refresh all or a particular classified to refresh the user's backpack it used to refresh it & if the item was not in the backpack the listing would get removed. Now when I click on Refresh all option it doesn't work. I tried doing individual classified refresh which also didn't work. I have tried it on both browser google chrome and mozilla firefox. I am using backpack.tf Enhancement Suite v1.6.3.2.

http://imgur.com/6uvyQix

Please Excuse my Ms Paint skills.