How do you make a good unusual price change suggestion?

Haruhi Suzumiya

Hi all, can anyone provide a little help in how to make a good and likely to be accepted price suggestion for an unusual hat? I've only ever made one suggestion before, which did get accepted - it was to raise a green energy modest pile of hat from 120 to 125 keys.

The hat I am currently trying to make a suggestion on is a recently acquired "It's a secret to everybody" mining light. I don't want to re-sell it, but would at least like the backpack.tf value to reflect something more modern and up to date rather than a 2-3 year old price.

2 of this hat exist, my one and one in a collector's backpack. There have been extremely few trades of it, with the most recent being my one (a harvest moon brainiac hairpiece for it) and someone else who traded their 1/1 "Something burning this way comes" El Jefe for it.

I'm really lost as to how you price a hat like this when so few exist and only one of them has even been traded within the last year - and only for other hats but not pure.

http://backpack.tf/item/1201597590

Click on the "last seen" link and compare the bps on that day with the day after to see what each seller sold the mining light for.

You can look at the old sellers on outpost as well. Sometimes the offer is in the trade itself.

As for other rules, unusual suggestions can be tricky. The full list of rules are shown here - http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/6033-guide-for-unusual-price-suggestions/

Summarised version: Use the history to find sales of unusuals. If the sale includes any outdated(?)/duped hat, make a mini suggestion of that hat.

Archived