ST LOUIS RAMS SOLD TO L.A.

Utsoob

OK? the rams sucked anyway so why does anyone care Don't know why this needed the all caps title though

A whole team just got moved and sold to a state with like 6 teams. If anything it needs BOLD text

Posted · Hidden by polar, January 13, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, January 13, 2016 - No reason given

Info? What sports is this even and why should I care?

It's the sport where an average game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, with only 11 min actual time with the ball in play.

It's also the sport that should be called "handegg" instead of "football", because the "ball" is more of an egg and instead of feet players mostly use their hands to play.

It's also the sport where the players wear armors and think they're tough guys, whilst there's similarly rough sports where the players aren't (at least in comparison) pussies and can handle going without an armor (rugby for example).

Edit: I mean wtf are they driving a motorcycle or something?

American-Football-V-Rugby.jpg

lotsofstuff

okay so it's American Football. And a team changed owners. But somebody said they would move to pretty much the other side of the country. How does this work? And especially in a country as gigantic as the USA. We had riots and pr disasters when Feyenoord wanted to move their stadium away from Zuid into a different part of Rotterdam. That's a ~4 km move and the fans got furious. They can't honestly expect the fans to all move to L.A. as well can they? Or just fly over for every game, that's ridiculous. So will they now play in an empty stadium in a region where they have no fans?

NA sports are so fucking weird

okay so it's American Football. And a team changed owners. But somebody said they would move to pretty much the other side of the country. How does this work? And especially in a country as gigantic as the USA. We had riots and pr disasters when Feyenoord wanted to move their stadium away from Zuid into a different part of Rotterdam. That's a ~4 km move and the fans got furious. They can't honestly expect the fans to all move to L.A. as well can they? Or just fly over for every game, that's ridiculous. So will they now play in an empty stadium in a region where they have no fans?

NA sports are so fucking weird

It happens regurally in American sports, teams moving cities. The Dodgers used to play in Brooklyn but moved to Los Angles, so its not uncommon for a team to move across the country.

Most the time the fans won't like them anymore and instead like a more local team more, its rare that a fan pick up his life and move it for a team.

It happens regurally in American sports, teams moving cities. The Dodgers used to play in Brooklyn but moved to Los Angles, so its not uncommon for a team to move across the country.

Most the time the fans won't like them anymore and instead like a more local team more, its rare that a fan pick up his life and move it for a team.

Why the fuck would a team do that then. Do they have no loyalty to their fans? To their traditions?

Because take Man City for an example. By all regards it is a sellout club, they sold their everything for oil money. But even then, imagine what would happen if they announced they're moving to Leeds or to London. It'd be a scandal the size of Ronaldo's ego. And what will St. Louis do in LA? I'd assume they have little to no fans there, so they'll play in empty stadiums for hollow nobodies that don't give a fuck about the club and the squad? How can this happen regularly and do fans not cause massive uproar? I'm not even that big of an Ajax fan but if they'd announce they're leaving Amsterdam I'm going to get really fucking mad (and I don't even live in Amsterdam). I'd imagine the fans will burn the stadium and half the city and I wouldn't blame them. 

*cough* MK Dons *cough*

Huh didn't know that story. Although according to the internet it caused them to lose pretty much all their fans and caused half the country to hate them

Europe doesn't have a bandwagon.

FTFY

Once your team moves, you hop back on the bandwagon of whoever won the most recent game. Europe has a better fanbase than we do.

FTFY

Once your team moves, you hop back on the bandwagon of whoever won the most recent game. Europe has a better fanbase than we do.

yeah but what about all the scarfs and posters and shirts and all that shit that you have. You just throw them away? My daddy went to the fog game of '66 (Ajax-Liverpool 5-1) and still has some memorabilia which is quite cool if you ask me. I got some trash from Ajax-Molde and Ajax-Celtic (the CL match in 2012?). You can't just go around supporting a different side. I currently go to uni in the city of Ajax's biggest rivals (Feyenoord) but that doesn't mean I will support Feyenoord. I'll wear a Belgium jersey and cheer for the fucking Germans before I become a fan of Feyenoord. Stupid cockroaches

Info? What sports is this even and why should I care?

It's the sport where an average game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, with only 11 min actual time with the ball in play.

Quit being fucking obnoxious. This isn't a GB thread. Topic is clearly about the 500 million dollar move of the St. Louis Rams to Inglewood in LA. This isn't a topic about "What is your favorite sport?" or "Why is my opinion more important than your opinion?"

If you don't have anything of value to contribute here, then bugger off.

@Puddingkip:  The experience of European soccer vs US team sports is very different in a lot of ways.   The fanbases just aren't as localized, with the exception of a few big clubs (e.g. the Yankees, Lakers, a few others; these kinds of teams are very representative of the cities they are located in.  the same cannot be said of most teams however).  Moves like this are actually relatively frequent in the US and even in Canada (to a certain extent, we obviously don't have nearly the same number of pro teams as the US) whereas - to my knowledge - in European soccer they are virtually unheard of.   

Archived