Euro 2016

Professional Map Painter

I normally cheer for Spain, but they probably won't win again. I want Portugal to keep losing, since I never really liked Ronaldo, to further solidify that Messi is the best player. I want Italy, England, and France to do well for once, they'll all been shit for the last 10 years. Don't care much for any other team. Belgium would be my darkhorse here though, they have a solid team and could easily reach the semifinals

it's a major international tournament therefore prediction is easy: england to perform flat uninspired football in the groups with the usual young talent showing sparks of inventive and good play; scrape through to the knockouts and go home at the quarter finals to a better team.

I normally cheer for Spain, but they probably won't win again. I want Portugal to keep losing, since I never really liked Ronaldo, to further solidify that Messi is the best player. I want Italy, England, and France to do well for once, they'll all been shit for the last 10 years. Don't care much for any other team. Belgium would be my darkhorse here though, they have a solid team and could easily reach the semifinals

ronaldo's a twat I can see Belgium and France getting through the group stages easily.

it's a major international tournament therefore prediction is easy: england to perform flat uninspired football in the groups with the usual young talent showing sparks of inventive and good play; scrape through to the knockouts and go home at the quarter finals to a better team.

We've been shit since Euro '04 but some of the youngsters are performing well atm, it's certainly a better side than the ones we put out in 2010/12/14 (when the golden generation were on their last legs). There's a lot more talent to choose from and the squad isn't dominated by players from a select few clubs. Having said that, we'll probably go out on penalties again.

Also, Hart/Butland/Forster look much more consistent than the likes of Robinson/Carson/Green in goal.

Italy reached the finals last time and looked good while doing it. Of course they got trashed by Spain but still not what I'd call shit.

Also, what is Euro 2016? Is there a tournament being held this summer? Surely not, let's just focus on more important things such as our upcoming friendly against Indonesia. But in all seriousness, I don't really know who to cheer for. Belgium and Germany can get fucked, the Brits are still Brits and I'll be damned before I cheer for the fucking French. Spain can get fucked after the 2010 finals and Portugal can get fucked because of that game I think Austria might be it because the Austrians were such lovely hosts for the 2008 cup (rip best Dutch team I've witnessed. Trashed World Champions and the runners up in the group stages but lose to an underwhelming Russia in knock out :( )

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon they've got a good chance but they don't have much tournament experience so idk if they'll choke or not. Definitely one to watch though - the N.Ireland v Poland game should be interesting.

Eh they went out in the group stages in Brazil, they don't have Pirlo anymore and Buffon's getting on. Balotelli was also a bigger letdown than Rooney (who needs to be dropped). Meanwhile Neuer and co. are doing pretty well.

Belgium got this shit.

England might get fucked as usual, unless Mr.Chat shit get banged gonna be the striker.

Also France won't have Karimo, so they are pretty much left for dead. I doubt Rybs will play, beacuse he gets injured near majors as much as Robben does.

Also http://euro2016.eurosport.co.uk/web/eurosport-euro-2016-uk/prediction/15274571

Belgium got this shit.

England might get fucked as usual, unless Mr.Chat shit get banged gonna be the striker.

Jamie Vardy is the new Geoff Hurst we're going out on penalties again.

Tbh though I do like the look of our squad atm, they'd better not cock this one up or Roy's getting the sack.

If espn set up something like this again I might be able to run a predictor tourney or something.

Jamie Vardy is the new Geoff Hurst we're going out on penalties again.

Tbh though I do like the look of our squad atm, they'd better not cock this one up or Roy's getting the sack.

If espn set up something like this again I might be able to run a predictor tourney or something.

They always do look good, but when it comes to a match they play like sack of bricks.

Being a huge Man City fan, I hate how Hart performs on big tournaments. He doesn't even fucking try.

They always do look good, but when it comes to a match they play like sack of bricks.

Being a huge Man City fan, I hate how Hart performs on big tournaments. He doesn't even fucking try.

Yeah, but the problem with the old lot is that they were either overhyped or couldn't perform consistently - Beckham was our Gareth Bale & the only other world class player in that squad was Michael Owen imo. Players like Kane, Alli, Vardy, Cleverley & Stones seem to be performing well consistently. As for Hart, I reckon Butland could have a proper jab at his no.1 spot. 

Yeah, but the problem with the old lot is that they were either overhyped or couldn't perform consistently - Beckham was our Gareth Bale & the only other world class player in that squad was Michael Owen imo. Players like Kane, Alli, Vardy, Cleverley & Stones seem to be performing well consistently. As for Hart, I reckon Butland could have a proper jab at his no.1 spot. 

Well still though, comparing England squad to Germany or Belgium one ,  England just seems so weak. They might perform well, but I don't think they can go against teams like Belgium or Germany.

Well still though, comparing England squad to Germany or Belgium one ,  England just seems so weak.

We're not there yet no, but we've still got a decent chance of getting to the quarter finals for the 1st time in 10 years. Teams like Poland, Belgium, Germany etc are obviously more convincing and I reckon they could go far, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Either way, we've definitely improved from the old lineup of Green/Carson/Robinson in goal for sure.

We're not there yet no, but we've still got a decent chance of getting to the quarter finals for the 1st time in 10 years. Teams like Poland, Belgium, Germany etc are obviously more convincing and I reckon they could go far, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Either way, we've definitely improved from the old lineup of Green/Carson/Robinson in goal for sure.

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/8774767/

This is my fav england squad.

Either Vardy or Kane on main striker.

Well still though, comparing England squad to Germany or Belgium one ,  England just seems so weak. They might perform well, but I don't think they can go against teams like Belgium or Germany.

Belgium? Remember how hyped they were for the world cup in Brazil? They are okay-ish but they won't win it. They won't even come close. And lol you have Wales in the semis? How? Bale is good, yes. But that's about it. No way they'll reach the semis

Belgium? Remember how hyped they were for the world cup in Brazil? They are okay-ish but they won't win it. They won't even come close. And lol you have Wales in the semis? How? Bale is good, yes. But that's about it. No way they'll reach the semis

They will you'll see.

Also yes Belgium, I know as much as you hate belgium, but their current squad is top form.

They have quality defense, world class midfielders, Courtois as goalie. The only possible problem for them that Hazard isn't playing.

Belgium? Remember how hyped they were for the world cup in Brazil? They are okay-ish but they won't win it. They won't even come close.

They've improved since last time out imo.

. And lol you have Wales in the semis? How? Bale is good, yes. But that's about it. No way they'll reach the semis

Andy King's had a great season, Ramsey's a top quality player and they've got others who regularly get top flight action. I could see them beating Portugal in the QF on a good day - their squad isn't what it used to be.

Archived